Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Margaret Dempsey
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2017 :  3:39:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
quote:
Kundalini rising marks a line in the sand of spiritual practice. Up to that point, practice and study are largely conceptual. The felt presence of the Kundalini energy shifts the consciousness of the external world of the senses to what lies within and to the world of self-awareness. Until this energy rises, the true spiritual journey has not begun. I recognize that this statement is controversial, but I stand by it as my experience has corroborated it.

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2017 :  4:03:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with the first part. Kundalini rising does mark a line in the sand.
The last bit - the one that she herself says is controversial - well, she probably knows that because many people have disagreed with her on that point. And for a very good reason too.

As far as I understand it, the AYP stance is this: The spiritual journey has definitely begun with the rise of inner silence, which can be felt many years before the practitioner experiences kundalini energy.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Mar 20 2017 03:57:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2017 :  4:48:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am reading her book now "Female Kundalini".
Very interesting to read other peoples experiences with Kundalini.
For me it was the other way around. I had the energy experience first and later came the silence.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2017 :  6:16:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I suspect the lady you've mentioned began her journey with a Kundalini awakening too. Which is of course a valid path, but she should not invalidate others' by saying that people who are developing their inner silence prior to having a K awakening have not began their spiritual journeys.

Developing the silence first makes for a more comfortable, less dramatic journey. That is why doing things in this order (silence first, energy second) is the preferred scenario in AYP. Of course, for some people there is no choice - they are drawn into spiritual practices by a sudden Kundalini awakening. Then K has to be carefully managed while the silence is developed. You are one of the people with direct experience of this.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Mar 20 2017 04:10:17 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000