Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Duane123

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2017 :  6:10:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Sat nam, I went to my usual kundalini yoga session we started off with warmups and than went into kriyas we did spinal breathing, breath of fire, etc I got extreme vibrations in my head and body during class especially my pinky and ring finger on both hands and my head and face the vibrations were so strong it was hard to open my mouth it felt as if something was squeezing my mouth closed that's how powerful the vibrations were and I couldn't separate my fingers they were stuck together from the vibrations my legs were vibrating and felt like jello. I got super terrified and almost had a panic attack. now I feel spaced out,anxious and dull the soles of my feet are sweaty and my palms. When the class was over I told the instructor and she said it was normal but I'm still out of it. although I always get the strong vibrations in my head and face never this dramatic, I thought I would faint,I tried to finish the session but every time I closed my eyes I became anxious now 4 days later I have this pressure in my head more particularly in my forehead and frontal sinuses that won't go away especially when I close my eyes to meditate,I'm still spaced out and anxious and depressed and panicky.I don't feel like myself I have no desires to do anything. Any suggestions?

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2017 :  02:02:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My advice: back off from kundalini sessions. Do grounding: walks in nature, hugging trees, etc.
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2017 :  02:44:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Duane, if your teacher really told you that those very strong symptoms are normal AND omitted to give you any advice on how to handle them (by grounding, adapting your routine), well, I would seriously consider that that teacher may lack some basic teaching skills.

Wolfgang gave you a good avice.

Did you consider that maybe you injured/pinched some nerves in the neck or upper back during your warm up in the class? I suggest this since you experienced strong symptoms on BOTH hands simultaneously. Also, the symptoms in head/face may be related to an injury at the neck level. The other symptoms (legs, sweating) sound like typical panic/fear effects.

Wish you all the best.
Go to Top of Page

Duane123

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2017 :  05:16:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the replies and it's interesting you said neck because prior to standing up and feeling sensations we did a KRIYA where we got into vajrasana put our chin on the floor and did breath of fire. Do you think it can be permanent or maybe with grounding it will go away?
Go to Top of Page

Duane123

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2017 :  05:19:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I honestly thought I had a struck at the time the vibrations were pushing my bottom lip up to my top lip really strong
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2017 :  05:27:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Duane 123,

This sounds as strong energetic/prana and purification symptoms. I would advice the same as Wolfgang and Ecdyonurus. Grounding, self-pace and leave all spiritual practices also the meditation until you're back in balance.

If kundalini is strong, but not uncomfortable (no anxiety) you could also meditate with eyes open. Let the open eyes rest, meaning don't look to something specific.

Edit because we crossposted , your symptoms sound to me as strong pranaflows upward and kriya (automatic yoga or strong purification) the feeling is like magnets. If you never felt it before it can make you anxious and shaky.
Kundalini yoga could be to powerful for you at this moment.

Do you also have an DM practice?

Important is if it is uncomfortable do grounding and self-pace. This lesson tells you all:
http://aypsite.org/69.html

Edited by - Charliedog on Mar 16 2017 05:43:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2017 :  07:58:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Duane, did you really mean vajrasana, then bowing down until your chin reaches the floor and then doing breath of fire in that pose? If so, it's obvious that for some people that would cause strain in the neck. I would really ask a doctor to check your neck, at least a body worker if you trust one (a good body worker knows more than most doctors).
Go to Top of Page

Duane123

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2017 :  2:15:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it I'm starting my grounding practices now and yes we did vajrasana chin to the floor and than breath of fire I'm going to look into a body worker also I was thinking about reiki because it feels like there's energy trapped in my forehead/sinuses.would you consider asanas as grounding to?
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2017 :  5:40:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Duane, a skilled asana teacher could crrtainly develop a specifc asana sequence for your current situation. I would avoid doing random asanas or attending a generic asana class for the moment - that could make things worst.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2017 :  9:35:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is not an AYP pranayama, but I've found comfort from an occasional Cooling Breath: curl your tongue into a tube and inhale slowly. The moistness of the tongue cools the air and it is directed into your skull. Exhale through the nose, visualizing your head pressure leaving with it. Do a couple of these throughout your day. The coolness and the visualization may be placebos, but belief is what makes placebos effective
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2017 :  03:10:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
would you consider asanas as grounding to?

Asana we can perform in many ways from physical exercises to meditative movements. One way or the other, they will aggravate energy and that's what you feel you have to much at this moment. Therefore asana is not a grounding technic.

If we have overloaded/anxiety symptoms we could better do long walks in nature for grounding. Paying attention on the feet, feel how the feet touch the ground while brisk walking. Swimming in nature. Hug a tree like Wolfgang mentioned, it can help to stand or sit a while with your back against a big tree, it calms down. Socializing, take care for proper food. This all will help you.

The energy in your forehead/sinusus could be purification of ajna chakra (third eye)

Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2017 :  2:57:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Duane!
If too much energy on the head is making you feel unconfortable, you may want to place your awareness in the lower parts of your body, from the navel downwards.The energy will go where the awareness is.

On another note, many don't teach high yogic technics such as Chin pump and technics using Kumbhaka until Kechari Mudra stage 2 is achieved, so that the circuit of energy connecting the body and head is completed. For this, you may follow AYP lesson on it or practice Talabya Kriya and twice a day keep your tongue pushed with your index and middle finger towards your uvula during 5minutes. This accelerated the process A LOT for me. However reading about this and doing this practices may make your symptoms worse right now as long as it is not confortable, so follow my first paragraph, which helped me a lot in the past, and everybody's advice on grounding and no practices for now. Walking barefoot is great for this.

Edited by - Will Power on Mar 17 2017 2:58:23 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000