Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 how do I stop kundalini
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gchristine

USA
24 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2017 :  10:30:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
It's trying to go up my spine and want it to go away. I am really scare, and I have kids to take care of.

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2017 :  04:47:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi gchristine

Grounding and eating a heavier diet helps. If you are doing any yoga practices, reduce them to a safe level or pause them for a while.
Trying to tinker with the sensations in your spine or resisting them won't help, so let them be.
Spend time with your kids, go out and play with them and find outlets for your energy other than spiritual practices.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2017 :  04:54:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gchristine,

It is not easy to stop the process of kundalini once it has started. Personally I don't advise trying. It is much better to work with the energy, giving guidance to the way that it flows in the body. You can do this using a practice called "Spinal Breathing Pranayama which is described here. This should be used in conjunction with a daily meditation practice. This is all described in detail in the first 69 lessons of this website and I would strongly advise you to read through them if you have not done so already.

If you are using an effective spiritual practice, then you don't need to be worried about the process of awakening. The symptoms that you have described in other posts sound fairly mild and are nothing to worry about. The symptoms that you described last week here, are symptoms related to kundalini piercing the knot (granthi) at the heart chakra. This is the second knot of three in the body. When it is happening it can feel quite overwhelming, especially in the build up to the heart being pierced. Afterwards, the feelings associated with the experience are those of openness, unconditional love and compassion for others. That can be overwhelming too for a while, but in a different way.

If you are using effective spiritual practices as described in the main lessons on this website, you will be fine. If you are just letting the process happen as it wants to, without giving any direction to the energy and without establishing yourself in stillness through meditation, then what happens could be fairly random and there is no guarantee that the process will be smooth and pain free. That is why spiritual practices are always recommended.

The practices will take 30 minutes, twice each day, once in the morning and once in the evening. If you young children, you may find that difficult to do. If that is the case, then once a day will be fine. Just try and get up in the morning before they do to meditate.

During meditation and pranayama, you may find that you become more aware of the energies moving through your body than you are normally. This is fine and is a natural part of the practice as we turn the mind inwards.

Once you are through the current stage that you are at, things will settle down for a while and that stage of the awakening will be complete. Then you will be on to the next stage, which is related to the awakening of intuition, bliss and unity.

So it is good to buckle in for the long ride home.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2017 :  04:55:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Blue,

We cross-posted.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2017 :  05:04:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Morning Christi

Ah, yes, and you've written a much more comprehensive and informative answer than mine. However I'll leave my post there, since it's published already
Go to Top of Page

gchristine

USA
24 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2017 :  06:17:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Now I just had a snapping at the top of my head. What does this mean? I have been having discharges of electricity in all of my chakras, randomly all night.

This is happening way too fast.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2017 :  06:19:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi gchristine,

You received excellent advice from Christi and Blue, just would like to add from experience. It was helpful to surrender to the energy rushes in the night. If we are not afraid and 'kind of knowing' what is happening inside the rushes could be very pleasurable or intoxicating.

Sometimes during work time (I worked alone) when the energy was high I lay down on the floor and floated on music and energy.

To go outside, walk and interact with others always calmed the energy down for some time.

Caffeine aggravates the energy so reduce or leave coffee, cola, black tea etc.

Edit because we crossposted

Try not to analyse, I know this is not easy, but we sometimes let us make scared because of stories we read. We can feel the energy in every part of the body if we pay attention. Surrender to your energy, let it be.

Edited by - Charliedog on Mar 05 2017 06:45:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2017 :  06:44:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
gchristine

I don't think you have told us what practices you are doing, how long you have been practising yoga and how carefully you self-pace and ground. We will be able to give you better answers if you let us know where you are in your yoga journey.
Go to Top of Page

gchristine

USA
24 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2017 :  08:29:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I will answer individual replies when I get a chance and feel better.

Liquid energy flowed up my spine and stopped at my throat. I still feel it. I totally freaked out and went to ER for Ativan. I haven't slep in two days. I realize now nothing sptops this. It wasn't a bad experience, it just freaked me out.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2017 :  09:42:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You know, I can look back, I had a sudden awakening in 2004. I had no idea what was happening but something inside said it was good that it happened. It was a few years later when I heard about kundalini, I thought I was burned out and stressed.

I had no idea from where came that energy and the incredible love I felt. I could not sleep either, but felt highly energetic and very strong during the days. I never was exhausted anymore, but my world was upside down. It was a strange roller coaster period and it helped a lot when I started with yoga and found an experienced teacher. I am not from the USA, don't know what Ativan is, but medicine is not a solution to this.

This is life-force calling you, you need to find balance in life, for you, your children and everyone around.

Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2017 :  9:39:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi gchristine,

Good advices already.

This is a beautiful gift not only to you but to your kids too.

Go to Top of Page

jamesr94

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2018 :  8:54:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christine,

I hope you are well and healthy at this time.

Did these sensations pass, or are they still with you?

If they passed, was there anything specific that helped you?

Any help and advice is much appreciated!

Kind Regards,
James
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000