Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Sexual thoughts only during the practice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Buu

Spain
42 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2017 :  07:30:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey everyone, last week this has happened.

I'm perfectly fine throughout the day, rarely have any thoughts, I'm actually pretty present during the day, but as soon as I sit for meditation, in a couple of minutes I start having lots of sexual thoughts... this persists throughout the practice, but as soon as I finish it and get up, and continue my day, I don't have that kind of thoughts anymore.

Is this somehow related to opening/purifying the Sacral Chakra?

Thanks for your time

Christi

United Kingdom
4369 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2017 :  09:05:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Buu,

Yes, this is related to the purification of the second chakra (swadhisthana). This chakra is related to creative energy and also sexual energy.

Yogani talks about this stage in lesson 75:

Lesson 75 - Siddhasana - Living in a Fountain of Ecstasy

This lesson is mostly about siddhasana, but the experience of the purification of the sacral (second) chakra is the same, whether we are using sidhhasana or not. The opening of the second chakra can also bring about desires to create beautiful things, or to transform our environment to make it more beautiful and supportive. So it can manifest differently in different people and differently in the same person at different times.

With DM, the procedure remains the same: To easily favour the mantra with our attention whenever we notice that we are off it. Everything else will take care of itself.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Buu

Spain
42 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2017 :  1:38:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Christi, you're a life-saving-soul

This has kept happening, but I don't give it my attention anymore.

Kind regards!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000