Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Baptism & the LDS/Mormon Church
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2017 :  11:27:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
This post may sound very strange to anyone who knows me. I'm not religious at all and I personally dislike organized religion as a principle. My supreme ishta is Kali Ma, and I'm very drawn to Hanuman and Neem Karoli Baba recently.

I am considering getting baptized in the LDS/Mormon church. Not because I want to be a Mormon or attend church on any regular basis. I feel a strong intuition that baptism could be a highly opening/awakening/mystical experience for me. I'm attracted to baptism more so than any particular church, but Mormon missionaries (called "elders") have repeatedly invited me to get baptized over the last several years.

I toured their church a few years back and felt very positive vibes. Especially in the baptismal room. I get approached by elders a lot and they've all felt rather awake to me. I talk to them very openly, even about my areas of disagreement with them. They seem to be involved in the church out of some kind of personal spiritual path.

They keep showing up in my life, especially after big personal openings. I have prayed with them before and even hugged one last time.

I haven't made a decision yet on whether or not to receive baptism in the church. My thoughts and feelings on the subject fluctuate day-to-day. I think I will check out The Book of Mormon and see how it resonates. I will pray about it, continue to meditate, and watch for a sign.

If there's anything you'd like to share on this subject, I would be very grateful for your input. I don't have a specific question here, I'm just highly open and receptive.

Thanks and lots of love

c

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2017 :  07:18:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by cosmic

If there's anything you'd like to share on this subject, I would be very grateful for your input. I don't have a specific question here, I'm just highly open and receptive.

If we are open and receptive we can get sensitive to more than one spiritual path. In depth we will find more similarities than differences. The thinking mind will label, like, dislike and judge, but what we notice if we are open, it's all about love.

Mormonlove, Hindulove, the love for Jesus, Buddha or Shiva.

Religions, traditions In a temple, or in a church. What we recognize is Love and Love has no label, or all labels

I hear you microcosm, question do we need a label ?
On the other hand, if it brings us Bhakti and love, why not.

Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2017 :  12:37:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
when you slice up a circle all the slices point to the centre.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2017 :  9:29:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Check with Chas in Utah. He's got a good perspective on Mormons.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2017 :  10:52:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for sharing. Yes, it is all about love and bhakti for me

quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

Check with Chas in Utah. He's got a good perspective on Mormons.

Thanks Bodhi, I will reach out to him
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2017 :  12:18:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So I spoke with Chas and our conversation brought great clarity. I was at a fork in the road and uncertain which path to take. He removed my doubt and confirmed what my intuition was telling me.

I will ask to be baptized. Out of pure bhakti. I see beyond belief and structure, so I am willing to open my heart to Divinity and trust the process.

My Mother will forgive me

Much gratitude to Chas and Bodhi, and all of you

Love,
c
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2017 :  01:35:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent.

"Come on in. The water's fine."
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2017 :  01:47:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2017 :  10:40:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by cosmic

I was at a fork in the road and uncertain which path to take. He removed my doubt and confirmed what my intuition was telling me.

Nice, Cosmic. Follow your heart. All roads lead Home.

Edited by - sunyata on Feb 08 2017 10:48:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2017 :  9:35:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

"Come on in. The water's fine."

LOL, this cracks me up for some reason.

quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

Nice, Cosmic. Follow your heart. All roads lead Home.

Beautiful, thanks sunyata

Thanks for the support, y'all. I will update you on the baptism after it happens.

c
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000