Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 to eat or to fast during an eclipse
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Late Bloomer

Canada
22 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2017 :  7:08:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I haven't seen any reference to it upon searching, but I thought I'd ask: has anyone heard of any warnings against eating during an eclipse, as described here? I was surprised I couldn't find this concern brought up anywhere else, but perhaps I just didn't know where to look.

(There is a lunar eclipse on the night of the 10th and then a solar on the 26th I believe.)

Edited by - Late Bloomer on Feb 05 2017 7:09:36 PM

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2017 :  10:57:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
a man had spent many years trying to puzzle out meanings went to see a sufi and told him about his search .
the sufi said
"go away and ponder this IHMN
The man went away .When he came back the sufi was dead "now i shall never know the truth ! moaned the puzzler.
At that momment the sufis chief diciple appeared.
"If ,he said "you are worrying about the secret meaning of IHMN ,iwill tell you .It is the initials of the persian phrase "IN BUUF MAANI NADARAND - 'these letters have no meaning ."
"but why should i have been given such a task "cried the puzzling man
"Because ,when a donkey comes to you ,you give him cabbages .That is his nutrition ,no matter what he calls it .Donkeys probably think that they are doing something far more significant than eating cabbages .

this tale works on many levels
Go to Top of Page

KarenVic

Canada
67 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2017 :  12:34:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Late Bloomer
I have heard this from a few sources.At least the day of the Eclipse itself if nothing else.
FYI
In 2015 I was very ill, and during the Blood Red moon eclipse in September I fasted and Prayed for 3 days.
All I know is that I took a shower the day after the eclipse and something came out my nose (very gross) and the head ache I had for 3 years at the point went away. I call it a Miracle. I attribute my recovery to fasting and prayer. I hope this helps. Light and love, K.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2017 :  5:16:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Late Bloomer

In the AYP system, choosing to fast (or not) is not so much based on external events, as on each individual's specific circumstances. For example, if you are a step away from overloading, adding fasting to your regular practice may not be a good idea.

It really depends on what your intuition and personal inclinations are at a given point in time. As far as I understand, that is Yogani's stance, and the reason why he does not prescribe when or for how long we should fast, or what type of fast to observe.
Go to Top of Page

Late Bloomer

Canada
22 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2017 :  4:30:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for the different perspectives. I was really just curious whether anyone else (of some level of authority) had said the same thing, but you've all been kind enough to share a lot more.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000