Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Mind and Body
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2017 :  8:43:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

You know how Deep Meditation affects the mind without affecting the body much.

Do we have anything in AYP that affects the body instead just as well as Deep Meditation affects the mind?

I work out regularly 3 times a week with rest days and I am getting much better results. Now I am looking for something to help me on my journey by balancing out more of my energy.

I know some poses help with relaxing. I am looking for something active and passive as well that would help me improve the health of my body. A regular tuneup on my car if you will.

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2017 :  10:25:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What are your current set of practices? Read the lessons again, and you can incorporate new routines based on your readiness.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2017 :  10:50:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Diet, Shatkarmas, and Amaroli
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2017 :  03:15:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you like to improve strength and energy, you can use Surya Nasmaskara. You can do this Sunsalutation as powerful of meditative as your mood is. You can do 4 times to start with, and can built this up to for instance 12 a day, depending on your condition.
Because of the movements you balance your energy, and make your spine more flexible, which increases your spiritual development. After that rest in Savasana for 5 till 10 minutes.

I do this every year starting in februari and do it 40 days in a row. Every year I am surprised how much strength, energy and power it gives me. It makes the body healthy and powerful. Do this at sunrise if possible, face to the sun. Be grateful and bow to the Sun. Make it your Sadhana.

No Sun, no life.......

PS Best is to learn Surya Namskara from a yoga teacher, he/she can advice you and learn you how to make the movements the correct way. This is important imo.

Edited by - Charliedog on Feb 04 2017 03:36:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2017 :  05:16:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lordbuzzkill,

The instructions for physical exercise are found in lesson 80 of the "Advanced Yoga Practices: Easy Lessons for Ecstatic Living, Vol 1" book. They are also available on AYP Plus in lesson addition 80.1:

Addition 80.1 - Instructions for Aerobic and Muscle Toning Exercises

Instructions for the AYP basic asana sequence are found in the same book in lesson 71, or on the AYP Plus site here:

Addition 71.1 - Asana Starter Kit, with Instructions and Illustrations

The instructions for the enhanced asana sequence are found in the "Advanced Yoga Practices: Easy Lessons for Ecstatic Living, Vol 2" book in lesson 383. They are also available in AYP Plus here:

Addition 383.1 - Enhanced AYP Asana Routine (Illustrated)

For best results, the asana practice should be done before each meditation session, or immediately before Spinal Breathing if you are doing that. This could be either the basic or enhanced series, depending on your ability, available time and inclination. The physical workout is best done at a separate time from sitting practices.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2017 :  11:35:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
jusmail,

I am currently enjoying Automatic Deep Breathing Meditation. It's a very nice journey. I can do Deep Meditation but its a bit bumpy at the moment. Nothing serious, I prefer a nice enjoyable experience.

Thank you all.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000