What made you meditate regularly?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2017 :  12:22:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes decluttering is a wonderful spiritual practice Blanche! I love Stephanie Bennett Voigt's book: Clear Your Clutter and Discover Who You Are. All the best to you Blanche
Go to Top of Page

Kentox

India
61 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2017 :  1:03:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know why I started really. I just somehow knew it was the way to go and started up on it. Fantastic things have happened afterwards but it all seems so natural, I can hardly be surprised.

at first 2 minutes seemed long, then 5, then 10...then 20 to 40 minutes....It wasn't anything hard. I could meditate for hours on and on but my body is not fit enough, neither capable of handling such energy. I've had very very painful days because of that.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2017 :  6:20:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kentox,

We generally advise not more than 20 minutes of meditation in the morning and the same again in the evening. Like that each day.

If you go much beyond this you can experience pain as you discovered. There is a limit to the degree of purification that the body can handle at any one time.

You may find this lesson useful:

Lesson 13 - Meditation - Awakening the Silent Seed

"Do this procedure for twenty minutes, and, then, with your eyes closed, take a few minutes to rest before you get up.

This practice is to be done twice each day, before you start your day and before you begin your evening activities. It is best done before meals, as digestion can interfere with the process of meditation. Make a commitment to yourself to do it for a few months. Give it some time to work. You will be amazed at the results, and then you will want to keep going forward to more and more." [Yogani]

And also this one:

Lesson 69 - Kundalini Symptoms, Imbalances and Remedies

If the journey is taken on at too fast a pace, many problems can arise. Not only pain, but other problems besides.

Slow and steady, as they say...

Christi

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000