Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Very unstable after Tantra Practice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Buu

Spain
42 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2017 :  12:10:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello, sorry for the possible graphic language, but I have some questions for you..

2 days ago, in morning, after finishing my daily spiritual practice of asanas, spinal breathing pranayama and meditation, I had sex.

So, what happened was that I kept doing Holdback method, over and over again, also had to do blocking about 3-4 times.. not a single drop came out :), as far as I saw, but the first time I blocked, I lost a bit of "power" on the lingam.. then kept going, gained some more power again, and the next 2-3 blocks did not alter the strength of the lingam. In the end, we just stopped.. this lasted like 30-40min.

Before last blocking, I started going pretty hard and fast and then I felt the energy building up down there so I just exited quickly and blocked.. worked no problem. It was as if there was a huge surge to release and the energy/seed was about to come out, but I managed to stop it and nothing came out.

Having said that, I felt what I could call "mini-orgasms" throughout the act, as I said, I felt I was about to ejaculate all 3-4 times I blocked, but never ejaculated, always managed to hold it and no genial contractions happened.

What I felt really really helped, was maintaining breath-awareness, and when was possible I even maintained it going up and down the spine (when inhaling, up, when exhaling, down). A couple of times I also did a "mini-shambhavi-mudra".. seemed to help.

All of this was before breakfast, so I hadn't eaten anything since the dinner, which was about 12 hours, plus the last time I had ejaculated was 7 days ago.

I felt great when I was eating the breakfast and later lunch, did I lose any energy? I surely don't think I have lost any seed, but did lose the "power" on the lingam a bit after the first blocking, so not sure how much prana did I lose.. I'm happy nontheless, it was progress compared to before.

All was good, but as the night approached, I started feeling a bit unstable.. a bit restlessness.

I went do do my practice before dinner and it was pretty hard, I felt I was sort of shaking all over the place (inside, not sure how much shaking was outside).. I felt a lot of energy near the pelvic area, I had lots of sexual thoughts (not normal), I couldn't concentrate more than a few seconds, I felt like I had energy going all over the place.. I'm not sure what happened.

Was this an effect of not losing much prana, but actually increasing the sexual energy (= Overload), or did I lose much prana that it affected my practice like that? I'm confused!

Kind regards and thanks for helping,
Buu.

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2017 :  1:53:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Buu,

Just wanted to mention- Don't you think you are obsessing over Tantra a bit too much? How about engaging in serving others?

The gentlemen in the forum will help you with the other questions.

Wishing you the best.

Edited by - sunyata on Jan 19 2017 2:01:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2017 :  2:20:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Buu,

What you are experiencing are the early stages of energetic overload. So the correct procedure would be to back off a bit on practices whilst things calm down. This would include tantra practices as well as other spiritual practices.

The vibration is caused by large amounts of prana moving through energetic pathways that are not yet wide enough to take the load. The powerful sexual thoughts are caused by the sacral chakra (swadhisthana) beginning to open and a build up of prana in the pelvic region related to that.

So what you are experiencing is a normal part of the process of awakening. You just need to take things at a more gentle pace.

See lesson 69 on kundalini symptoms and grounding practices:

Lesson 69 - Kundalini Symptoms, Imbalances and Remedies

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Buu

Spain
42 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2017 :  4:46:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

Hi Buu,

Just wanted to mention- Don't you think you are obsessing over Tantra a bit too much? How about engaging in serving others?

The gentlemen in the forum will help you with the other questions.

Wishing you the best.

Hi sunyata, thanks for the suggestion.

I think you are missunderstanding the situation.. I don't think having Bhakti for God can be considered an obession
I didn't like becoming a bit sad (let's cal it that) everytime I lost my seed. I don't think that is good for me nor my partner.

Therefore, I took the decision of solving this issue once and for all, in this way, I am first of all serving my partner, by giving her more Love, more Ecstasy, and so on, while at the same time I am serving myseflf by not becoming mournful after losing the prana I've been trying to build up to awaken kundalini.

By having this situation solved, not becoming mournful and actually building up more Prana, awaken kundalini, becoming more and more stillness in action, I will be able to serve the others in a much more profund and better way.

You should see that sometimes, the biggest help one can give is actually not "physical" help, not "serving" in the sense people commonly think.
ex: By showing the Goddess (my partner) that she is a Goddess, she will be more happy throughout the day, and there will be a chance she will have more happiness outpouring from her towards others, thereby serving them in a much better way!

Serving is very important, but it's not more important than serving myself first. Madre Teresa was the queen of serving, yet did she get liberated in that life time? Did Pope John Paul II get liberated on his life time of serving? Serving isn't everything.

It is very important, but there a place and time for it in the spiritual evolution of every one of us.

Yogani is serving the world in a great and marvellous way, by having his teachings online for anyone, by having this website.. it's marvellous serving.

I honestly don't care much about Tantra, I just don't want to lose my Prana and don't think celibacy is a viable option for me.
In this way, I can reach the True Stillness faster, and I can serve the others in a way that would be unthinkable for me right now. This is true serving! This is true karma yoga. This doesn't mean I'm not serving people right now, according to my current "level". I am.

Kind regards.
Go to Top of Page

Buu

Spain
42 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2017 :  5:02:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Buu,

What you are experiencing are the early stages of energetic overload. So the correct procedure would be to back off a bit on practices whilst things calm down. This would include tantra practices as well as other spiritual practices.

The vibration is caused by large amounts of prana moving through energetic pathways that are not yet wide enough to take the load. The powerful sexual thoughts are caused by the sacral chakra (swadhisthana) beginning to open and a build up of prana in the pelvic region related to that.

So what you are experiencing is a normal part of the process of awakening. You just need to take things at a more gentle pace.

See lesson 69 on kundalini symptoms and grounding practices:

Lesson 69 - Kundalini Symptoms, Imbalances and Remedies

Christi

Hi Christi, thanks!

So, do you think it might mean I didn't lose Prana during the act, but actually built it up? Or why did this happen in the practicing session after my first semi-succesful Tantra session?

Kind regards!
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2017 :  5:18:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Buu,

Yes, the symptoms you are describing are caused by a build up of prana in the body. This can be caused by tantric sexual practices and also by other spiritual practices such as meditation and pranayama. If you are doing all of these on a regular basis then it is not possible to say that one particular practice is the cause. If tantric sexual practices were the last thing you added on, then consider cutting that back for a while. If you are still experiencing symptoms that you find uncomfortable, then also consider cutting back on meditation and pranayama for a while. Things will settle down after some time and you can increase practices again when that happens.

To give you the fuller picture on energetic overload, symptoms such as shaking, or experiencing sexual thoughts are not in themselves symptoms of energetic overload. They are just symptoms of purification taking place in the body caused by the movement of prana. If you feel unstable and are uncomfortable about that, then that would be a symptom of energetic overload (more energy than you feel comfortable with).

So if you can be O.K. about the changes that are taking place, then there is no need to make any changes to what you are doing. My own body shook for years as the early stages of purification were happening, but I never regarded it as an issue.

So how you handle it depends mostly on how at ease you are with spiritual transformations taking place in your body and mind. Only you can be the judge of that.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2017 :  7:53:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Also Buu, build grounding practices in your everyday routine, especially outside time, maybe even diet. Long duration sex with no release is a supercharger.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2017 :  10:02:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My understanding is that the hold back method is training wheels—not intended for use over the long-term.

I'm convinced that long-term success with tantra is less about the physical maneuvers, and more about the ideological shift within the heart-mind. I say "convinced" because I can't fully testify to long-term success, but I've had some decent streaks.

When I've succeeded in retaining the seed, it hasn't even been a battle of will or negotiation with my lower, lusty desires. It's been an engagement with my higher ideal, and that's the gist of it. The third eye is very important...building that vision of the ishta...seeking that vision with a steady intensity...drawing not just the seed, but the soul, upward.

In summary, my vote is to focus less on trying to micromanage the hold back method, and more on how to generate an ishta within the heart space.

I admire your courage and bravery, Buu!

Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2017 :  09:22:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Buu,

Sorry for any misunderstanding.

To quote Yogani-"Loving service to others - a conscious practice, and a natural result of the increasing outward flow of divine love resulting from the purification and opening of the nervous system produced by advanced yoga practices. This is our natural state of being - an endless overflowing of ecstatic bliss and divine love. Nothing on this earth, or beyond, is more real or more powerful than this great truth that is inherent in every one of us. The reality of divine love is the ultimate truth in us. As we become advanced in yoga, this becomes crystal clear. For some it is known right from the very first sitting in deep meditation."

I like your fire for progress. Keep at it,coupled with self pacing.

Enjoy your journey, it's the best part.

Much Love,
Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

Buu

Spain
42 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2017 :  10:26:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

Also Buu, build grounding practices in your everyday routine, especially outside time, maybe even diet. Long duration sex with no release is a supercharger.

Hi Dogboy, what grounding practices do you suggest?
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Buu

Spain
42 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2017 :  10:26:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

Hi Buu,

Sorry for any misunderstanding.

To quote Yogani-"Loving service to others - a conscious practice, and a natural result of the increasing outward flow of divine love resulting from the purification and opening of the nervous system produced by advanced yoga practices. This is our natural state of being - an endless overflowing of ecstatic bliss and divine love. Nothing on this earth, or beyond, is more real or more powerful than this great truth that is inherent in every one of us. The reality of divine love is the ultimate truth in us. As we become advanced in yoga, this becomes crystal clear. For some it is known right from the very first sitting in deep meditation."

I like your fire for progress. Keep at it,coupled with self pacing.

Enjoy your journey, it's the best part.

Much Love,
Sunyata

Thank you very much for the quote and love Sunyata.
Go to Top of Page

Buu

Spain
42 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2017 :  10:29:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

My understanding is that the hold back method is training wheels—not intended for use over the long-term.

I'm convinced that long-term success with tantra is less about the physical maneuvers, and more about the ideological shift within the heart-mind. I say "convinced" because I can't fully testify to long-term success, but I've had some decent streaks.

When I've succeeded in retaining the seed, it hasn't even been a battle of will or negotiation with my lower, lusty desires. It's been an engagement with my higher ideal, and that's the gist of it. The third eye is very important...building that vision of the ishta...seeking that vision with a steady intensity...drawing not just the seed, but the soul, upward.

In summary, my vote is to focus less on trying to micromanage the hold back method, and more on how to generate an ishta within the heart space.

I admire your courage and bravery, Buu!

Hi Bodhi_Tree, thanks so much for your kind words. I agree with you, it's more like I just know that I won't be spilling my seed. I have a higher purpose than basic instincts, therefore the physical maneuvers get needed less and less, because it's more a mental thing than physical one.. that's what I think!

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Buu

Spain
42 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2017 :  10:40:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Buu,

Yes, the symptoms you are describing are caused by a build up of prana in the body. This can be caused by tantric sexual practices and also by other spiritual practices such as meditation and pranayama. If you are doing all of these on a regular basis then it is not possible to say that one particular practice is the cause. If tantric sexual practices were the last thing you added on, then consider cutting that back for a while. If you are still experiencing symptoms that you find uncomfortable, then also consider cutting back on meditation and pranayama for a while. Things will settle down after some time and you can increase practices again when that happens.

To give you the fuller picture on energetic overload, symptoms such as shaking, or experiencing sexual thoughts are not in themselves symptoms of energetic overload. They are just symptoms of purification taking place in the body caused by the movement of prana. If you feel unstable and are uncomfortable about that, then that would be a symptom of energetic overload (more energy than you feel comfortable with).

So if you can be O.K. about the changes that are taking place, then there is no need to make any changes to what you are doing. My own body shook for years as the early stages of purification were happening, but I never regarded it as an issue.

So how you handle it depends mostly on how at ease you are with spiritual transformations taking place in your body and mind. Only you can be the judge of that.

Christi

Hi Christi, thanks so much for all your wonderful detailed replies

I think I'm OK with the changes that are taking place at the moment, so I will keep everything the same.

Yesterday I engaged yet again in Tantra.. just had to block 2 times for the same duration of the act instead of 4 times like last time. No seed was lost again

Then at the evening practice, I pushed a bit (maybe shouldn't have) and did 20min SBP instead of my usual 10
I felt during SBP a sort of cold energy coming up and warm energy coming down during inhalation/exhalation, plus near the end my breathing started to become very thin and silent.. I dont know how to explain besides those 2 words, my back was erect rock solid, like I couldn't move. It was good

Also, do you think I'm doing too much Tantra too soon? I just want to get it right as fast as I can! This was the 2nd session in 4 days.
Thanks

Edited by - Buu on Jan 21 2017 10:43:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2017 :  11:50:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Buu,

quote:
Then at the evening practice, I pushed a bit (maybe shouldn't have) and did 20min SBP instead of my usual 10
I felt during SBP a sort of cold energy coming up and warm energy coming down during inhalation/exhalation, plus near the end my breathing started to become very thin and silent.. I dont know how to explain besides those 2 words, my back was erect rock solid, like I couldn't move. It was good

Also, do you think I'm doing too much Tantra too soon? I just want to get it right as fast as I can! This was the 2nd session in 4 days.

20 minutes of SBP is over the recommended amount. The maximum recommended amount for AYP practice is 10 minutes, so I would suggest bringing that down. Too much SBP can lead to instability in the subtle nervous system, even for advanced practitioners.

The cool and warm currents are mentioned in lesson 63:

Cool and Warm Currents in Pranayama

The breath slowing down and suspending is discussed in lesson 45

Breathing is Slowing Down in Pranayama

The breath will often become very quiet before it suspends completely. This is related to entry into samadhi and the experience of the body becoming solid, is an aspect of that.

Whether you are doing too much tantric sexual practice or not really depends on what is going on with your practices overall. If you are comfortable and are experiencing good progress in your daily life outside of practices, then it is not too much. If you are experiencing transformations taking place that you do not feel comfortable with, such as irritability, or pressure in the head and so on, then that would be a sign to back off.

Bodhi is right, that blocking is the training wheels stage of tantric practice, and eventually you should be looking to move beyond that. See lesson T11:

"When added to bhakti (hunger for the divine), blocking produces an incentive to work toward staying in front of orgasm. As things progress, blocking will become less and less needed, like training wheels. It naturally reduces over time." [Yogani]

It's your call though.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

Buu

Spain
42 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2017 :  1:33:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks so much Christi, that is a big help All the lessons you linked were spot on!

I forgot to say, at the end of my practice I felt a swirling energetic sensation at the perineum area.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2017 :  10:47:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Hi Dogboy, what grounding practices do you suggest?

Some suggestions:
Water immersion is good, swimming, baths, showers. Out and about in nature, definately, barefooted is best; winter pretty much rules that out. Walking in rain/snow/snowfall or shoveling snow combines nature & water and is very grounding for me.

Heavier diets, meats/dairy, even if only temporarily, will help. Light asanas or exercise could help, with emphasis on 'light'.

Anything involving mud or clay (face masques, making pottery) I've heard is effective (haven't tried it myself).

Allowing yourself an occasional orgasm is sure to "take the edge off".

Loving service, volunteer work, and engaging humanity projects energy outward therefore reduces it internally. Lesson 422 is worth another look: http://www.aypsite.org/422.html
Go to Top of Page

Buu

Spain
42 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2017 :  11:53:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everything. Everything is going smooth thus far.

Thanks Dogboy. I will do some light exercise btw why the emphasis on light? Is heavy exercise a kundalini stimulant? if so, why?
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2017 :  4:46:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
For some, yes it is, most likely due to heavy breathing that mimics advanced pranayama practices. When one is in overload, energy is excessive or "stuck" and light breathing/exercise can smooth out prana. Be aware that even light exercise may be too much for those over-sensitive practioners; only by trial and error will you know what works (or doesn't).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000