Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Kechari Mudra without practice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Xunami

India
6 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2017 :  06:03:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello AYP

I was reading a book recently, and learned about Kechari Mudra. Initially, I thought it was humanly impossible to perform Kechari without intense practice, or an awakening of Shakti. Nevertheless, out of sheer curiosity, I pushed my tongue, and it neatly slipped back into the cavity without any discomfort. In two days, I was able to perform the mudra, without the use of fingers. Is there any spiritual aspect behind this? Please do note that it's consciously induced, and is not spontaneous, as in the case when Kundalini surges through.

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2017 :  07:28:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Xinami, keep in mind that this mudr#257; can have an impact on your energy flow and level. I also discovered that my tongue was able to perform that quite easily, and simply discovering that triggered a very unpleasant overload. This does not mean that you will experience the same, of course. But please be careful. This stuff is really powerful.
Go to Top of Page

Xunami

India
6 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2017 :  08:45:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ecdyonurus

Hi Xinami, keep in mind that this mudr#257; can have an impact on your energy flow and level. I also discovered that my tongue was able to perform that quite easily, and simply discovering that triggered a very unpleasant overload. This does not mean that you will experience the same, of course. But please be careful. This stuff is really powerful.

I know what you're talking about. The very next day after practicing kechari for the first time, I caught a severe throat infection and bronchitis. However, it was healed in a week and I've been practicing Khechari without any ill effects ever since.
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2017 :  08:47:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I did it also in 2 days or so, also consciously induced.
My xp -> meditations and spinal breathing a bit better, no biggy.

Edited by - Mykal K on Jan 14 2017 08:49:09 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000