Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Frequency of Ejaculation?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Buu

Spain
42 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2016 :  11:58:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi guys, long time lurker here.

Happy new year by the way.

I was wondering what is the best ejaculation frequency for someone practicing yoga? I know the best is doing tantra, non-ejac sex, or celibacy, both involving uplifting the energy from the pelvic área to to higher centres.

I am 25 years old, so is my partner. Which ejaculation frequency is not "harmful" to my spiritual progress?
once a month? once every 2 weeks? once a week? (what's the difference in 'good' frequency in regards to have awakened the kundalini vs not awakened yet?

I know it depends on the age, and stage of the spiritual path.. but which consensus do you guys have regarding ejaculation frequency and the spiritual path?

Kind regards,
Buu.

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2016 :  12:34:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani recommends no more than once a week.
Go to Top of Page

Buu

Spain
42 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2016 :  1:41:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So once every 7 days is no problem for spiritual development?
Is there any worthy difference between once every 7 days vs once every 14 days or once every 30 days?

ex: Guy A has 3 parallel lifes. All are the same, blockages, absolutely everything.
In Life 1, Guy A ejaculates once a week;
in Life 2, Guy A ejaculates once every 2 weeks;
in Life 3; Guy A ejaculates once every month.

is Guy A on Life 3 speeding up his evolution any faster than Guy A on Life 2 or 1?

Kind regards,
Buu.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2016 :  8:41:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
For me, the lengths of abstinence have made a difference. But here's the key thing. Brahmacharya is all about preservation AND cultivation of sexual energy. The swirling energy must be directed somewhere. It's not just a matter of withholding the seed. That ecstatic energy has to be channeled and sublimated properly, which means engaging in activities that will plug into inner/outer space for divine purposes. For me, that equates to a variety of things (massage therapy, playing instruments, exercise, public speaking, tapping into cosmic consciousness, and so on).

The sexual energy becomes ecstatic, rather than being spent on lusty purposes.

So, just because you might withhold ejaculation for 6 months, that won't de facto be productive or healthy. As we know, repression can lead to perversion, as is evidenced by the priests who molest children due to forced celibacy.

If it works, it's because it happens naturally and with the flow. It must be fueled by bhakti (devotion to a higher ideal).

Godspeed.

P.S. Yogani is quite emphatic about tantric sex not being as important as practices like Deep Meditation, Spinal Breathing, Samyama, and karma yoga. Inner silence is the foundation. Tantric sex is more of a dessert than the main course.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2017 :  5:31:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
The sexual energy becomes ecstatic, rather than being spent on lusty purposes.

This is the point where yoga becomes life itself.
Go to Top of Page

Buu

Spain
42 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2017 :  1:29:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello dear Bodhi_Tree.

I thank you for answering most of my threads dear soul
You're a nice guy! (or just a part of my larger Self )

I try to ejaculate only once about every 10 days at least, minimum, while at the same time, attempting to learn the pre-orgasmic tantra as taught here (2 months).

I practice asanas, pranayama and meditation for about 6 months, give or take.

Do any of you thinks this might stop my Kundalini from awakening (the ejaculatory frequency), or am I making a bigger deal out of this than it actually is?

Kind regards,
Buu.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2017 :  1:41:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You're on target. Sounds like you've got a great routine in place. Kundalini won't be delayed by infrequent ejaculation.

Remember to take note of the small miracles within and around you! That's something that's helped me tremendously.

Love. Radiance. Unity.
Go to Top of Page

FakeYogi

India
100 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2017 :  08:13:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think Yogani said ejaculation once a week is fine. I can't locate the lesson now but I remember it said ejaculation should not be more than once in 2 weeks. I really doubt Kundalini will gather sufficient momentum with just one week's semen.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2017 :  10:03:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Consistency of brahmacharya and DM practice is key; semen loss is not consistant between individuals, so to pick a specific number of days is not an accurate gauge, especially if one is under 30. You try your best to stay preorgasmic and surrender guilt or shame if you can't or don't. Over time, especially as the fruits of DM manifest, your system becomes automatic at drawing up. As you age (I'm late 50s, AYP 3.5 years), between your marital duties and automatic upward draw, not a drop is wasted.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2017 :  10:25:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There are two mentions of that time frame in the Tantra book:

"In time, divine ecstasy becomes more charming than the jerking and lurching of genital orgasm, and we become motivated to spend more time in the habit of pre-orgasmic stimulation. We then have the choice—pre-orgasmic tantric sex or genital orgasm. Maybe in a single session we’d like to have both, beginning with a long session of the former and finally ending with the latter. Once in a while, why not? That is having the cake and eating it too. Of course, do that too often (like more than every week or two) and the cake will be eating up your yoga."

and...

"If it happens only once a week, or less often, it is not such a big deal."
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2017 :  10:31:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

Consistency of brahmacharya and DM practice is key; semen loss is not consistant between individuals, so to pick a specific number of days is not an accurate gauge, especially if one is under 30. You try your best to stay preorgasmic and surrender guilt or shame if you can't or don't. Over time, especially as the fruits of DM manifest, your system becomes automatic at drawing up. As you age (I'm late 50s, AYP 3.5 years), between your marital duties and automatic upward draw, not a drop is wasted.

And that too! Well said, Dogboy.
Go to Top of Page

FakeYogi

India
100 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2017 :  10:46:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Then what else will explain why I'm still a caveman in yoga after 10 years of ayp? My nocturnal emissions (hell with it) has had an averagd frequency of 1 peer week for 6 long years.
I did the mistake of stopping Kumbhaka practices after I started getting raped in sleep, fearing that may be it was worsening it. I had got it completely wrong. After 6 years of rape and emotional abuse finally I got the clue and figured that increasing Kumbhaka was the only way to prevent nocturnal emissions. Now the rape has practically stopped and I recently touched the 6 week mark which I couldn'd achieve in 6 years.

Edited by - FakeYogi on Jan 13 2017 12:21:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  12:53:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Glad to hear things are getting better, FakeYogi. I've gone through plenty of dark nights myself.

Wishing you strength and abundance.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000