Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Possible Kundalini Syndrome - Psychosis
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Emerald

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2016 :  4:05:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello All,

In the past several months, my sister-in-law who lives overseas, has been experiencing a spiritual awakening where she decided to quite drinking (she's been an alcoholic since she was 16... so 20 years) and turn her life around. This is the positive side. On the negative side, shortly after this shift in awareness she was diagnosed with Schizophrenia, which her mother also had. My husband, her brother, had been in contact with her over Skype and through messages and he was quite surprised at how much this presented as a spiritual awakening (which both he and I have experienced in the past) while also having elements of Schizophrenia, where she was displaying delusional thinking. This is what lead her to being diagnosed and hospitalized for a few days. He was quite upset with her drinking, and he was so glad that she decided to quit which is a decision that she had never even considered in the past. But then it was like 'out of the frying pan and into the fire.' It really echoed when his mother was diagnosed which was back when he was 14.

Fast forward a few months later, to just a few days ago. My sister-in-law attacked her husband and tried to smother her 1.5 year old daughter (unsuccessfully). So, she went from fairly passive delusional thinking to outright psychosis, which does not run in my husband's family. She is now hospitalized. She has been getting naked there and rolling around on the floor. She refuses to eat. And, prior to her psychotic episode, she was expressing desires to start her own business, have money, and buy her own home.

But all of this came out of nowhere, and my husband suspects that this is related to Kundalini syndrome, due to the spiritual nature of her delusions and her increased awareness in some ways. Though we aren't sure what triggered it. Plus, Kundalini related psychosis often relates back to the need for grounding. Also, she has had a traumatic life, and if the Kundalini woke up in her, this might enliven too many old traumas that have been repressed and stored in the Central Nervous System for her body/mind to handle all at once.

We suspect that this is why she's been rolling around on the ground naked and expressing desires toward more material things. He knows that the doctors will simply medicate her, and keep her hospitalized, which will do nothing to actually alleviate the psychosis, but simply manage it, as this is where the medical field currently is at. No one there family/friends/medical staff will consider a potential spiritual interpretation of the phenomenon.

We are half a world away, so it is difficult for us to do anything. But he wants to go there to visit, to see if he can facilitate some spiritual grounding activities: grounding stones like black tourmaline and obsidian, taking her in his care for the day (apparently this is allowed) for her to do some gardening/walking barefoot, feeding her root vegetables like potatoes, etc.

Does anyone on this forum have any experience or advice working with someone who has experienced Kundalini syndrome or any other form of spiritually related psychosis? If not, does anyone have experience with helping someone ground themselves?

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2016 :  10:58:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Any color tourmaline will help. I haven't used black tourmaline but have heard that it gives very good results, so does smoky quartz. I have used green, blue, and watermelon tourmaline. Blue tourmaline is wonderful and can be quite an effective remedy for nervous system and hormonal issues. Tourmaline is powerful yet gentle. In my opinion, obsidian is way too strong for someone in her condition, and is not very gentle. It would be excellent if your husband can get her to a therapist experienced with kundalini awakening as soon as possible for an evaluation.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2016 :  12:48:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My specialty is in recovery from addiction, so I'm a bit hesitant to comment on the schizophrenia/psychosis aspect, but I can say this:

The formula is very simple, and it all revolves around love. Loving the body, loving the mind. Taking care of, and tending to, those vehicles will lead to peace and harmony.

I'm a massage therapist, so I'm a big believer in the power of human touch. I massage myself everyday, and I don't mean erotically. I'm talking about the feet, the head, the hands, and so forth. Actually, self-massage is a key component in the AYP asana sequence, so it makes sense that if we lovingly touch our own body, this will stimulate healing and regenerative processes.

If you can encourage her and show her ways to love herself, that will facilitate a softening of the violent tendencies and transform the rawness into something more refined.

Here's my website about recovery, if interested: www.ayprecovery.org

Wishing you and your sister the best.

Edited by - Bodhi Tree on Dec 31 2016 1:05:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

Poncho

Germany
21 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  12:16:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've had some limited experience with kundalini emergency - having quite a vivid and frightening temporary experience of pretty delusional stuff and reliving past trauma when mine emerged 18months back.

In my experience like you said the Kundalini energy will dredge up dense low vibrational emotional material stored in the nervous system for release. Its important the the person is actually able to actually get this out of their system and release it rather then simply relive it.

I can recommend a practice known as TRE. http://traumaprevention.com/what-is-tre/ Its a practice related to Kundalini yoga which triggers a shaking tremoring in the nervous system. The purpose of which is to release pent up trauma and stress in the nervous system. Its a way to release the negativity and is helpful when a K awakening has dredged up too much negative energy - but the body is unable to release it.

When I had my Kundalini awakening - I suddenly started experiencing trauma from the past - and was guided to this system by a series of synchronicity. It released this from my system which then allowed for my full opening to occur. This took it from a negative experience to a profound and extended blissful K awakening. I did have further issues later - but this I believe was related to my return to negative behaviours rather then the tremor itself.

With your sister due to her current condition it may be a difficult as she is not currently emotionally stable and acting dangerously. Perhaps you could see if there is a trained practitioner of TRE in her area who might be able to speak with and see if they can visit and assist. Many are familiar with Kundalini and often also have training in Psychotherapy and alcohol and drug recovery and dealing with PTSD \ trauma cases.

You can find providers here and it gives you details of their background and experience so can hopefully find one with some professional experience dealing with such cases.
http://traumaprevention.com/tre-provider-list

Edited by - Poncho on Jan 02 2017 8:26:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  6:05:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Someone who tried to kill a baby should remain in mental healthcare. This board is not appropriate for this situation.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000