Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 who have started to note the witness during night
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

saurabh88

India
23 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2016 :  09:11:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
as like you are watching your own body while sleeping.watching the dreams.
and seperating yourself from the anger lust and other emotion?

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2016 :  10:15:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Periodic, just witness like being transparant and empty. No emotions or dreams.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2016 :  8:39:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it feels like I do not sleep, just sit there watching myself sleep, and sometimes I am just there - I guess that would be deep sleep. Very few dreams than before. Also, sometimes when I "wake up" it feels like I am going in a dream - like this world is a kind of dream. Also, it is noticeable that the mind comes online, sometimes just before waking up, sometimes right after.

Watching the emotions and actions is more a consequence of being established in the witness state. One of my best friends started deep meditation about two years ago, and gave a beautiful description of the witness state during Thanksgiving. She calls it the "watching state." She finds herself more expanded, and her perception of reality distinguishes more layers in the experiences. Her witness state is not stable yet, and it is conditioned by maintaining a regular meditation practice.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000