Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 anyone using only spb?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

saurabh88

India
23 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2016 :  08:43:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
is there someone?
i want to know to what extent he or she able to get results.

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2016 :  12:27:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Only SBP by itself is not encouraged. SBP should be followed by deep meditation to be effective.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2016 :  02:08:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi saurabh,

From own experience I can say that if we practice first for a long time asana and pranayama (like I did),adding meditation will bring us the peace and the stillness we are looking for.

On the other hand, practicing pranayama alone without meditation can leave the practitioner vulnerable in some ways. Imagine you plow a field, turning the rich soil over and over. It is exposed, fertile, and ready for the seed to be planted. What will you plant there? If you meditate deeply with an effective method, you will plant the field full with the seed of pure bliss consciousness, and it will germinate and grow strong, filling the field with joy. But what if you don't meditate, and you don't plant anything in particular in your fertile pranayama field? What will grow there? Something will. But what? Whatever happens to be around. Some desires, some thoughts, some emotions, whatever happens to be blowing over the field. To tell you the truth, a lot of weeds can grow there, because there is no crop of pure bliss consciousness filling up that field. This is why pranayama, practiced as a stand-alone over months and years, can lead to less instead of more. In some people this type of imbalanced practice can lead to increasing rigidness, egotism, anxiety, anger, and just plain bad luck. Meditate every day after you do pranayama and you will experience the opposite of these things in great profusion - flexibility, compassion, peace, joy, and lots of good luck. That's how it works. 'Yogani'

See lesson http://www.aypsite.org/43.html

Edited by - Charliedog on Nov 10 2016 02:10:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2016 :  09:52:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for that lesson quote, Charliedog.
Go to Top of Page

saurabh88

India
23 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2016 :  08:43:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
but every time i sit for meditation with the mantra my mind always chatter about not to accept mantra.
it say going and going like be sit aur chant aum but not the i am mantra you are not going to enlighten.
i dont know what is this fuss about?
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2016 :  08:52:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by saurabh88

but every time i sit for meditation with the mantra my mind always chatter about not to accept mantra.
it say going and going like be sit aur chant aum but not the i am mantra you are not going to enlighten.
i dont know what is this fuss about?

Hi saurabha88,

The practices of DM is to easily favor the mantra when we notice we are off it. Looks like you're experiencing too much energy/purification and there is not enough inner silence to balance/welcome it.

The recommendation is to back off Spinal Breathing and practice DM until things get smoother. DM cultivates inner silence. It's the merging of inner silence and ecstatic conductivity that leads to Unity.

Edited by - sunyata on Nov 14 2016 09:01:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2016 :  09:21:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Saurabh88, if you are straining so much when using a mantra (or any other meditation object) I would suggest that you stop and ponder if you are doing meditation correctly, and also if the meditation technique you are using is right for you. Usually, when we experience strong resistance coming from inside as you describe, it is because something is wrong. Wish you all the best.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2016 :  09:46:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Also you can use some simple asana before you sit for SBP and DM to calm down the mind.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000