AYPsite.org Forum
 Enlightenment Milestones
 My longing has changed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2016 :  01:13:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
My longing has changed. Life have humbled me yet again and I am thankful for the many mirrors in my life. In my current understanding, it is not about states: divine, ecstatic, lights and mystical wines, diving deep into stillness.... It is about equanimity.

Edited by - AYPforum on Oct 18 2016 01:48:19 AM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2016 :  01:48:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2016 :  08:55:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with Love, Grace and Gratitude" Denis Waitley

Love to you Ananda.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2016 :  12:55:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
O benefit of ill! now I find true
That better is by evil still made better;
And ruin'd love, when it is built anew,
Grows fairer than at first, more strong, far greater.

So I return rebuk'd to my content,
And gain by ills thrice more than I have spent

Part of sonnet 119
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2016 :  09:32:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
he is said to be a steadfast yogi whose heart through knowledge and realization is filled with satisfaction who having conquered his senses ,never vacillates ,and to whom a clod ,a stone and gold are the same . The gita chapter the way of meditation .

for a sage who wants to attain yoga action is said to be the means ; but when he has attained yoga ,serenity is said to be the means

the gita chapter the way of meditation
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2016 :  1:31:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2016 :  3:59:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

A friend during tonight's meeting made me drop the limitation to my longing when i spoke about equanimity. Obviously with the limitless.. there's always more surprises :-)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000