Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 What people here think about astral projection?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bliss_

25 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2006 :  12:47:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit bliss_'s Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I would like to know what is the opinion from a yogi point of view regarding astral projection. Do you guys here project? How often? Do you think it's fruitful and an experience to pursue? Does Kechari help in astral Projection? What about ectoplasm any experiences?

Thanks,

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2006 :  4:35:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bliss,

I think the ability to do astral projection will come naturally as the nervous system purifies by doing Yoga, so we don't need to try to practice specifically for it. In order to do it one needs to still the mind completely and be mentally alert while the body goes to sleep, then it's easy to step out.
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2006 :  6:33:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bliss Weaver is right look here Lesson 264 - Astral Projection to see what Yogani has to say about Astral Projection.
But what ever anyone tells you you are probably going to want to try so if you really want to read an informative little book on the subject you can download this free e-book Robert Bruce A Treatise On Astral Projection Here There has been quite an informative thread on the matter already you can find that Here

Quit a few people had some interesting things to say in that thread hope it helps

Richard

Go to Top of Page

n/a

26 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2006 :  6:37:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit n/a's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello -

I have read about astral projection in writings concerning Lahiri Mahasaya. I know many yogis who astral project as well as non-yogis. I think anyone who starts projecting comes to the realization that we are more than just the body - way more. It definitely opens one up spiritually, plus, it's fun - lol!

comdyne aegis
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2006 :  12:56:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I find astral projection fascinating. Many years ago I became interested in attempting to induce lucid dreaming (another joy). I was mildly successful, but one side effect was astral projection! It only happened a few times and only partial projections but enough to absolutely convince me. If yoga helps me to ever project again, well, terrific :) but I can see how one might get very side tracked by it. Don't wanna do that.
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2006 :  5:35:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The ability to ap comes with time, but as with all things, you can develop this ability on its own too. The most important thing is to stay consious while the body falls asleep. This gets easier if you meditate alot. The esiest way for me is to sleep some hours, then wake up and go to toilet, wash my face and then go back to the bed. Laying down for some minutes and you are near sleep again but it's easier to stay aware of the self while the rest enters a sleep mode. I never had a body shift to the astral one without the lose of awareness even if it is just for a second, but if you trust, then you wake up in your astral body. The first sign is, that you see the top of your room although your eyes are closed. Then you can try to stretch one hand in front of you. If you don't come back to physical consiousness, you will see your astral hand which can look similiar to your physical one or shimmer and shine and look transparently. The next part is to come out of your bed. Rolling out works best for me, as you have the least friction, even if your visions gets blurred after landing on the floor. Waiting for some moments help to get a clear vision, but this is also dependant on the lightening level within the space/time you are in, and on your control over your emotions and thoughts. Meditation helps much to come into lighter astal realms due to your inner purity.

There are times you just want to shut up the world because you are tired, so you get to your bed and wake up in the morning without having a memory of the night. But if you can handle all the inputs, then being aware in your subtle bodies through the night gives you much more insights and experiences. you learn much about the astral pane, about the reactions of the astral plane to your thoughts(to the mental plane) and how this influences the physical plane. You can also try to meditate within your astral body which is unlimited more intense. But you mostly come back to your physical body after experiencing strong feelings or thoughts due to the lack of control and consiousness.

But the most interesting part about astral traveling is the possibility of having prophetical visions, meetings with devine beings and so on and this motivates you extremely to clean yourself until you are able to meet them whenever you want.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2006 :  09:22:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
[i]

But the most interesting part about astral traveling is the possibility of having prophetical visions, meetings with devine beings and so on and this motivates you extremely to clean yourself until you are able to meet them whenever you want.

Hi,

When you meet such beings, can you touch them (Like Thomas touched Jesus' wounds)?...Eat with them?

Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2006 :  2:35:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sure, it is a body as your physical one, only made of astral particles. But if a divine being comes to your path while traveling it's mostly not a common trip, so all is perfectly prepared and you wonder and wonder about the unbelievable consiousness these beings must have in order to completly control everything of your travel. The meeting itself is sacred, but some of those beings are not that serious as you would think and they welcome you in a way that is ultra funny, very humourous and you just lough and lough and enjoy their presence :)
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2015 :  03:20:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
FWIW, Astral Projection is what got me to this site indirectly, it was the beginning of my spiritual awakening. I have basically been practicing what the Tibetan call Dream Yoga as a way to try to attain liberation. As Holy mentioned, if you can meditate in an OBE experience, you generally get taken to very rare states even if you have no meditation background, or at least that was the case with me. Just saying OM the first time with no expectation in an OBE literally vibrated everything around me and myself out of existence until there was nothing but consciousness and joy left.

That said it is a siddhi, so it is also the case that lots of times I forget to even *think* about meditating, and instead go of flying or creating galaxies... which of course means that I got lost in the scenery. Fun, very fun, but ultimately a distraction I guess.

And so I am here, sitting twice daily, going for the real and ultimate goal.

If anyone still cares to learn more though, I also moderate the most active group on FB called simply "Astral Projectors". Almost all the famous living authors are there, and many who are not authors but have been projecting for 40 years or more.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AstralBeings/

If you try to join but do not get approved let me know by pm or email. We usually do not let everyone who applies in, as we try to keep the discussion fully centered on the topic at hand and so if someones profile does not immediately suggest a fit we just wait.
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2015 :  03:23:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
And Holy, it sounds like you have met with divine beings in Astral? Would love to hear more about that! I've had dreams like that, but never when I was lucid or OBE that I can remember...

And I like your take on it that the potential to meet with them motivates you to clean yourself so that you can meet them whenever you want, wow!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2015 :  2:03:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi technoyogi,

if you had meetings within dreams, then know that it is practically the same to lucid meetings. It is all in the same range of energy density. Being lucid or nonlucid is just a word in the end. Nonlucid seems to be more in flow, more out-of-control, lucid seems to be more in control, but we both know that the one can go into the other mode, even several times, so both are fine :D

Btw, in the same way as a dream can turn into lucidity, this physical lifeflow can turn from lucidity into a dream. From seemingly real to obviously unreal. As you can observe all modes in all densities, your own being beyond movement may become more attractive, making the attention turn back to itself and dissolving all modes and all densties. You have experienced this also several times, falling into nothing, would you like to share more about it?

Back then, 10 years has passed since, at least one of the motivations was that Over time the motivations has changed, with Yogani's lessons it has transformed to a daily happening independent of motivation even. Still after the good results increased, the value of the practice has become clear and since then it is nurished with great happiness, as that is what is happening most :)) Everyone and everything profits from the practice that happens to someone in so great ways. We have met in this forum and cancomunicate so freely thanks to someone who has practiced yoga :P Therefore greetings to Yogani :D

And happy practice to all! :)
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2015 :  7:03:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Holy,

Sorry I missed this reply, I wish there was a "subscribe to" feature on this forum :-)

I also replied to your other recent reply as well, very curious to know more about how you managed to shift to astral after your practices by laying down...

You asked about some of my experiences dissolving modes and densities. These were in dreams before starting AYP practices, so I am not sure if I had a meditative grasp on what was happening (had not daily meditation practice back then).

Anyway, here is one journal entry that describes one such experience.
-----------------------

3/1 [Lava Rock OBE] Saturday night, slept around 12:15

I went to bed with various affirmations, including “Now I am out of body” and “when I dream I will know I am dreaming” etc. I also was focusing on my breathing and the pulsing in my 3rd eye area. Later during sleep I came to a brief conscious awareness of lying in bed, but I saw before me a scene of people laying down on a grassy field.

I reached my hand toward the scene and actually felt as though I was stretching the scene out to envelop me and I then walked into it. I immediately rubbed my hands together to try to deepen and stabilize the experience. It was not super deep and I probably should have spent more time on this, and I think I also forgot to yell out “Clarity Now”.

I started running on the grass towards the people, and then at one point was floating over them. A few of them almost distracted me but I seemed to have a goal and I it was the guy who was laying down at the farthest point of the group. It seemed in retrospect like it was a former coworker (maybe my friend Nathan), but I really don’t know why that would be, maybe this is an incorrect interpretation. Anyway, I went to him and shook him to wake him up, and I said “hey, its me, I am traveling out of body!”

He said “Wow, that’s great! But I don’t know how to do that and I need to get back to sleep!” I told him that I understood and I left to let him go back to sleep.

Now I was at a bit of a loss for what to do but without really intending to do so, I flew up above the earth and was looking at the whole planet, but it was very cartoon like, not like a real representation of the earth as we often see it photographed from space. It also looked like mostly water from the angle I was seeing it, but I focused on some land I saw, and suddenly I was back on earth.

What lay before me was an astoundingly beautiful bay filled with outcroppings of incandescent black lava rocks jutting out of the water. They were metallic and shimmering with light. I am going to need to learn to paint at some point if I keep having experiences like this, I did get totally distracted by the beauty.

My plan of action had been to try to visit my past lives, but I was having a hard time remembering this. I flew up to a white balcony and continued to observe the beauty of the scene, and what came to mind was that I wanted to meditate with Jurgen’s Ohmmmm. I said a small Ommmmm and the whole scene began to vibrate. I then knew I wanted to be on one of the rocks to continue the meditation, so I flew to the rocks and sat down in something like a lotus position.

At this point I said Ommmm more powerfully and again everything became powerful vibration. The rocks were especially vivid in this vibratory form, and they were the last thing I saw as soon even the vibration just faded away until "I" was briefly in nowhere, nothing, only a place where the sound of Ommmmm existed. However, "I" was not able to stay there long it seemed, and soon there was just in the blackness of the night back in my body.
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2015 :  12:46:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
it happens sometimes. ill wake up in sleep paralysis and yank myself out.
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2015 :  2:19:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Technoyogi,

very nice experience :) Also a lot of classic behaviours, like not knowing what to do etc. :P One has all possibilities and cannot make anything out of it ^^
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2015 :  7:34:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have never heard it said better than what you just stated Holy. How ironic it is, when presented with limitless possibilities, that sometimes we manage to do nothing special. Well, I like to think that some kind of purification occurs like in AYP practice, however there might have been some things I did especially early on that led to less purification and more karma load...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000