Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Am I ready for heart breathing?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Georgio

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2016 :  11:20:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have grief and anger trapped in my heart, which is causing me serious physical health problems. I'm interested in trying this but would it be safe considering I am just beginning the lessons?

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2016 :  11:37:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Georgia,

If you are fairly new to practices, I would suggest to stick with Spinal Breathing. As spinal breathing purifies from root to brow. If you are already having issues in the heart- I feel heart breathing may aggravate the problem. Lets see what other practitioners suggest.

Edited by - sunyata on Sep 21 2016 11:47:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2016 :  10:35:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Giorgio,

I agree with Sunyata: do not rush to try various techniques. If you are just beginning the lessons, take your time and learn deep meditation. Of all the techniques, this is the most important. In fact, deep meditation can take you all the way to enlightenment/awakening/self-realization. Deep meditation will direct the purification in the best way that is suitable for you. After some months of deep meditation, once you have some inner silence, you could start to add other techniques.

Maybe the practice of deep meditation will take care of the heart grief and anger soon. Or maybe it will take some time. Could you allow things to happen as they will? This is a chance to surrender to your higher Self - you are not the one who has control over the spiritual process. The more you surrender, the easier and smoother the entire process will be.
Best wishes for your meditation!
Go to Top of Page

Georgio

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2016 :  8:19:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you both for your insight, I appreciate it. I will start with spinal breathing and deep meditation, and see where the process takes me.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2016 :  05:15:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Georgio

Given that you've had a serious kundalini surge, you really have to be very very careful with self-pacing:
- Start only one practice at the time.
- Consider breath focused meditation as an alternative to mantra meditation. See Lesson 367 - Suggestions for Over-Sensitive Meditators.
- Start with short practice sessions e.g. 10 minutes meditation instead of 20.
- Keep grounding and back off practice if it looks like you're starting to overload.

Good luck!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000