Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 How can one build strong foundation for K practice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Georgio

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2016 :  11:25:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've read that having a meditation practice is key, but I'm wondering if there are other ways to develop oneself in preparation for a smooth experience?

For example

Methods based on going into the charge of our repressed negative emotions to release them?

Factors such as having loving relationships, and activities you enjoy in your life... creating an overall positive emotional experience?

And can we address blockages in the chakras to ensure the upsurge of energy does not get jammed on the way up?

I still have trauma held in my body, and believe that I should work through it before an awakening.

Edited by - AYPforum on Sep 15 2016 2:09:12 PM

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2016 :  1:51:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Georgio,

The daily practice of deep meditation is the best way to prepare for a smooth K process. The pure bliss consciousness acts as a guide and purifies the layers of our being, clearing the way for Kundalini Shakti, the Divine inside us, to come back home. We all have heard scary stories about Kundalini rising. However, many people go through the process without a lot of fireworks, and not much to tell. It is hard to have a spectacular story, when the reality consists of regular meditation, no-reason happiness, mental clarity, no-conflict relationships, and unbounded creativity.

Besides deep meditation, other spiritual practices that support a K rising are spinal breathing pranayama (which probably promotes a Sushumna Nadi rising), spiritual readings, a spiritual support group (such as the AYP forum), a gentle asana program, prayer.

A healthy lifestyle is important to facilitate the K process. This includes a healthy, wholesome nutrition (a diet that is correct for your system; use your intuition and some try-and-error methods to find out what works for you; be aware that your nutrition needs will change as your progress on the path). It also includes adequate rest and sleep, a balanced and secure lifestyle, regular exercise, uplifting activities (such as arts, nature), inner work (if you do not have one, start a journal - take 10-20 minutes every morning to write), reduced stress and overwork, no drugs.

Another area to consider is your spiritual lifestyle. Maybe the most important in a smooth K rising is the personal attitude regarding K. It is good to understand that K is the Divine inside each of us, and the process of K rising is a natural development. There is no need to obsess over each little sensation. It is better to accept and support K, and ask for its guidance. K rises and repairs the layers of our being, to prepare our vessel for the Divine. Some vessels might need more repair than others, and the repair is easier when we cooperate with it than when we fight it. Our attitude makes a big difference.

A good understanding of the process of human spiritual transformation is very helpful. The AYP lessons offer a solid, clear model, so you might want to read and re-read these lessons to enrich your knowledge about the process. Patanjali's eight limbs of yoga have endured because they work. The yamas and niyamas give precise advice for how to live a spiritual life.

Sincerity and perseverance are keys on the path.

May your inner guru guide you through a smooth and complete K rising!
Go to Top of Page

Georgio

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2016 :  9:20:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, thanks very much for such a detailed response Blanche. You seem to have covered all there is regarding my question.

This has provided me with some clarity. Being new to this I wasn't sure how to go about it because my first experience with K energy was spontaneous, and felt a little unstable. I was definitely obsessing over sensations as you mentioned. The important point that I got was about having a healthy lifestyle. I want to work on this from a place where my life is balanced. Diving into an intense energy practice from a state of misery or chaotic life conditions... probably a bumpy ride.

Will work on the aspects you've covered.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2016 :  2:09:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000