AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Purple flooded in
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rae

8 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2016 :  6:50:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rae's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
During my 2nd session of pranayama/meditation today the color purple flooded in and lasted a while. I felt very happy when it happened. Does it mean anything ?

Edited by - Rae on Sep 04 2016 11:49:18 PM

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2016 :  08:13:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Rae

It's very likely to do with purification of a certain segment of Sushumna (the main energy channel in the body). Sushumna is like a coloured tunnel, with the colours changing as you move along from one segment/chakra to another. The emotional peak is also a sign of purification - you can have a range of these emotions, pleasant or unpleasant, rising at various times, stirred up by your yoga practice.

Enjoy the journey!
Go to Top of Page

Rae

8 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2016 :  2:39:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rae's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Blue. I didn't feel anything wrong had happened but knowing that purple is the color for crown chakra, it concerned me that I might have gone too far as I know to stay away from crown chakra. I keep my concentration between the eyebrows only.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4373 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2016 :  4:15:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rae,

Purple can be associated with the crown chakra. It can have other colours too: Silver, gold, white, etc.

It is nothing to be concerned about, simply a sign that things are happening.

When the time is right for the crown to open, it will open. This is also nothing to worry about and in fact is a very beautiful experience.

All you have to do is enjoy it.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000