New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

FakeYogi

India
100 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2016 :  05:08:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Believe me, I'd be the first person to be happy if there were life after death. I want to believe but am not able to, going by my own observations. I was being a jerk in calling Whitman and Newton frauds, without thinking it might offend some, sorry about that.

I accept what the Tamil Siddhas say because it resonates with my own fear of death. You confuse materialism with body centric. The Tamil Siddhas were body centric but didn't go after money or possessions.
No, I did not misinterpret the song. I have read his several other songs as well and it is clear that his concern is to convey the idea not to take the human body for granted, and attain realization in this life itself.

Edited by - FakeYogi on Oct 06 2016 05:21:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

amuhai

USA
18 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2016 :  11:37:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No, please do not apologize for calling some people frauds. They may very well be. The point was that all so-called external authorities--be they scriptures, ancient songs, molded books, siddhas, writers, hoary traditions-- they are just that...external. They cannot be accepted as final evidence or proof, no matter how many times you have read their books or sung their verses. They may provide one point of view, but only one's direct experience should be the final arbiter.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2016 :  02:46:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Fakeyogi,
In line with Amuhai says above "only one's direct experience can be final arbiter", getting out of your body (OBE) is not that difficult; several techniques exist out there - google it. It is not physical death but can show you that you are not your body, you can exist with all senses intact (except taste - I have never tried eating something ) outside of the physical body. That should satisfy your curiosity

Sey
Go to Top of Page

FakeYogi

India
100 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2016 :  12:12:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Say what you are saying is true, that you can have senses. But
1. What about arms and legs? Without them what can you "do"? Indeed what is there to "do" ? Just as we are attached to senses, more so we are to actions. Senses evolved on this earthly plane to help carry out actions, so what use is senses if there is nothing to do?

2. What about loved ones? Actions we carry out on this earthly plane for the sake of loved ones, without them what actions can be prescribed? For one who lived and died only caring about his loved ones, and felt an iron wall of distinction between his loved ones and others, even if he had senses after death, and even if he could take up actions, what action would he do except cry because there is noone familiar.

Attachments has its deadly price. Death may be just another day for the evolved Yogis that have transcended attachments, not so for the others and fake yogis like me.

Abhaya Sutta of the Buddhist texts summarizes the four types of persons who dread death - those who crave sensuality, crave the body, have done evil deeds, and those who have not arrived at certainty with regard to the True Dhamma. I don't know why he left out attachment to the loved ones.

Edited by - FakeYogi on Oct 08 2016 02:32:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2016 :  12:00:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
FakeYogi, you inspired me to start a thread in AYP Plus devoted completely to Walt Whitman. Thank you!

Also, deliberately trying to induce OBEs in not encouraged in AYP. Much better to work towards Cosmic Samyama, which relies on a solid foundation of inner silence in order to move beyond the body. Also, the sutra "breath" (in the samyama book appendix) will result in the ability to exit the body at will. But again, that is released in silence over a long period, and allows the breath to become a supreme arbiter between internal and external conditions. Spinal Breathing does the same thing. First things first.
Go to Top of Page

rakesh187

India
8 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2016 :  03:35:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
before practicing nauli, you should get hold of uddiyana bandha then its half the job done.
Go to Top of Page

kensbikes100

USA
192 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2017 :  8:52:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by FakeYogi

quote:
Originally posted by lalow33
I kinda understand. I've felt the death fear and backed away more than once. I can't say that I know exactly what you are experiencing. I'm older than you, and I've felt like I gotta get this done to help people. Anyway, it's best to slow down a bit in my opinion.

Thanks for the kindness. But contrary to wanting to slow down I want to accelerate. I want to see some light when I close my eyes. It is just dark when I close my eyes, just like for a lay person who never did Yoga in life. Just imagining the absence of one sense is freaking me out, and at death all senses go away. This illusion of life is frustrating but at the same time I can't see anything beyond. It must all be due to the 6 years of continued nocturnal emissions that I often post about, that closed down my chakras.

Fakeyogi, I'm very sorry for your discomfort. I'm 63 and both my parents passed away when I was 57. I was fearful of the unknown, living without knowing they are there. I was doing DM and ™ at that time, but I didn't feel any added fear while meditating. Now it's 6 years since they have been bone, and I've found that life goes on and it can be good. I found the way I could help them was to assist them with managing medical care and other matters, and to try to provide some entertainment when they were interested. Now that they are gone, I carry them both in my head as I go through life. I don't imagine they speak to me, but I do imagine how they would react to my events and try to learn from what I know of their lives. I by no means knew them completely as people.

I'm confused when you say you want to "see light" when you close your eyes. Do you mean this figuratively or literally? I can't say I have ever seen internal light. I do often feel rather light when I close my eyes, or at times feel a significant degree of inner silence which I did not feel before I returned to meditation. But I actually see these as akin to Yogini's concept of scenery that may be noticed but should not be dwelled upon. I wonder if you can look at your feelings that way. Feel them, but then let them go and welcome what comes in the next second. They when it's done, let that go. Ad infinitum.

I also wonder if you are simply doing too much practice with too much energy-generating activities. This is something I have not done much of, besides basic pranayama in a 5 minute to 20 minute DM cycle, twice a day as often as I can manage it. I think you need to find a good balance. So far Yogani's basic recommendation plan is good enough for me.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2017 :  11:55:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I wonder if you can look at your feelings that way. Feel them, but then let them go and welcome what comes in the next second. They when it's done, let that go. Ad infinitum.

Surrender like this is a solid yogic practice in and of itself, purification in action, and similar to the "action" of samyama.
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2017 :  3:17:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Abhaya Sutta of the Buddhist texts summarizes the four types of persons who dread death - those who crave sensuality, crave the body, have done evil deeds, and those who have not arrived at certainty with regard to the True Dhamma. I don't know why he left out attachment to the loved ones.

I found other people`s truth can cause a lot of turmoil that is not neccessary.
Who says they have no agenda, just cause they are Buddhists?
Live the way your feeling guides you, no need to impose 'truths' to your life. Seek and you will find.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000