Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Samadhi
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2016 :  06:20:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

The guy who did the Inner World, Outer World documentary has released an excerpt of the new movie he is working on - apparently not yet released cause I can't find it anywhere. This one is just as awesome.

http://youtu.be/dqGdWoW-GT8

Sey

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2016 :  08:59:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Breathtaking .Thank you for sharing, Sey. Can't wait for the release of the full documentary.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2016 :  2:51:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet! These types of films get my prana flowing.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2016 :  3:26:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I love the guy swimming underwater in a suit. Good times.
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2016 :  07:26:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What I don't like in movies or books like this is that the author seems to hate ego and mind (somewhere in the movie the mind is even called "psychopathic"!). I don't share that hate. If we have been given ego and mind, it is for a good purpose, not for suppressing them. Just my opinion, of course.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2016 :  07:35:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

I love the guy swimming underwater in a suit. Good times.

LOL...Don't you know Enlightened ones swim in a suit.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2016 :  4:05:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, that makes sense. The enlightened are impeccably fashionable.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2016 :  8:21:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Haven't you heard of a swim suit?

Edited by - Dogboy on Aug 27 2016 8:22:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2016 :  8:37:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

Haven't you heard of a swim suit?

They probably don't have those in the fifth dimension.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2016 :  8:38:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

Yes, that makes sense. The enlightened are impeccably fashionable.

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2016 :  9:19:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Isn't it funny that we're the only animals that wear clothing? All the other ones are pre-suited with fur or whatever else. Fish have fish scales, whales have blubber, alligators have super-tough skin, but we seem to be the most delicate creatures in that sense. Being naked has become such a big deal for us. We are compelled to hide our bodies.

Perhaps it's a metaphor that is connected to the evolutionary game of concealing our deepest identity as Spirit. The more layers we pile on, the more we can cloak the naked spirit. Just to play with the mystery.

@Ecdyonurus

Yes, I noticed some of the anti-ego/anti-mind sentiments starting to creep up in the film. 'Tis popular these days. I agree with you 100% that ego and mind are superb tools and extensions of Spirit, and that we must maximize them to their full potential.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2016 :  9:48:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
True...spiritual beings having a human experience.

Edited by - sunyata on Aug 27 2016 10:37:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2016 :  05:07:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@ Bodhi: "The human mind is a spark of the almighty consciousness of God". I just read this sentence in Yogananda's Autobiography of a Yogi and felt like sharing it.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2016 :  11:31:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good stuff. Thank you. There's a 3-volume series of his collected talks and essays that I really like: Man's Eternal Quest; The Divine Romance; and Journey to Self-Realization. Highly recommend them.
Go to Top of Page

LittleKid

USA
34 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2016 :  12:15:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bodhi- We are also the only animals that have possessions. Except for the Crow.
They will pick up shiny objects and carry them off to their nests.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2016 :  12:23:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Aha! A propensity to hoard like the crow, eh? Those shiny objects...always catching the eye.
Go to Top of Page

lateralus

USA
59 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2016 :  02:28:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Can't wait to see this. Inner/Outer Worlds was outstanding and this looks to be just as good. Thanks for sharing .
Go to Top of Page

Lakulisha

USA
12 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2016 :  06:20:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ec, with hatred of the mind and ego being common in spiritual works, I agree that extra care is needed to avoid expressing such negativity. This film may be sub-optimal in that he said, at 6:00: "Stop everything that is driven by the pathological egoic mind".

To be fair, notice that he said "pathological", not "psychopathic".

So he is saying "stop everything that is driven by the sick egoic mind".

Does he mean that the egoic mind is always sick? There is unfortunately that ambiguity. It might have been better if he said "stop everything that is driven by the pathological aspect of the egoic mind". Or indeed, "stop everything that is driven by the egoic mind".

Other things are somewhat imperfect IMO, but that's the way it is, it is still an addition. He says (at around 4:30) that

"When you are told what [samadhi] is and how to realize it, the mind will always miss it. Because it is the mind that needs to stop before it is realized."

The above can create traps. The arising of samadhi is associated with the cessation of mind, but telling us that the mind needs to stop FIRST is potentially a trap for some people. The cessation of the mind (described as "inner silence" by Yogani) is usually ongoing and gradual. Sudden shifts into it can happen also, but the sudden ones are usually temporary.

quote:
Originally posted by Ecdyonurus

What I don't like in movies or books like this is that the author seems to hate ego and mind (somewhere in the movie the mind is even called "psychopathic"!). I don't share that hate. If we have been given ego and mind, it is for a good purpose, not for suppressing them. Just my opinion, of course.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000