Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Finally, stillness!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Herbhornist

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2016 :  09:20:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been practicing the AYP meditation since April. Yesterday afternoon while doing my 20 minutes of DM, I nodded off, and when returning and resuming the mantra, there was nothing but the mantra. Of course, I noticed that, and my mind chatter resumed. This is the first time I have experienced stillness during meditation. It just was.
I am extremely under sensitive, and I over intellectualize, so this one second of stillness was a breakthrough. I hope it doesn't take another four months to repeat. I know, I know, don't hold on to it. Release it into the silence. (What silence?)

Dogboy

USA
2202 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2016 :  09:59:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet! Welcome to the forum!
Go to Top of Page

lateralus

USA
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2016 :  10:13:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice! Now try explaining it to others,lol.

Actually,Yogani explains it better than anything I've ever heard. It's not simple. At least not to me .
Go to Top of Page

Apkallu

France
108 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2016 :  11:47:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cool.

I do not know if it is the same for you guys, but every time I go through a stillness step within my meditation, it is like my head is stricken and moves a bit as such.
Sometimes, it is brutal.

Just wondering.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2016 :  6:03:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Silence is golden.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000