Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Unsure and looking for guidance
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

twitwi

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2016 :  5:59:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi. I'm very new to, well, basically everything that is being discussed here. I was doing research on decalcifying my pituitary gland and came across the technique for the Khechari Mudra. This intrigued me because I was born without the flap of skin under my tongue so actually performing this technique is very simple for me. My question is one of curiosity and guidance. Everything I've read says that this is an advanced technique and I'd like to fully respect and understand what appears to come naturally to me. I'd also like to make sure that I don't dive too deep too fast and potentially harm myself or hinder my path. Any advise is much appreciated. Thanks.

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2016 :  6:18:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Twitwi,

Welcome to the forum.

The best thing you can do is to read through the lessons from the beginning (lesson 10), taking on the practices as you go. The lessons will guide you as to when to move on to the next practice and how to pace yourself appropriately.

By the time you get to lesson 108, on kechari, you will already have an advanced yogic practice under your belt and have a good idea about kundalini, prana and so on and about what advanced practices involve. Taking on kechari is another step on the path and one which becomes more meaningful with awakened kundalini and with a well established meditation practice. Even then it should be taken on gradually, taking small steps at first as it is a powerful technique, bringing prana up into the higher centres.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2016 :  8:32:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum. You have received excellent advice. Now off you go wandering in this beautiful garden.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2016 :  05:52:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to AYP Twitwi!

The complete lessons are available on the AYP Plus website, here http://www.aypsite.org/plus.html
or as books - have a look at this page: http://www.aypsite.org/books.html

All the best
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2016 :  08:57:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum, Twitwi. Enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2016 :  09:54:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome!
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2016 :  10:18:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Another welcome! Enjoy AYP twitwi
Go to Top of Page

Prem

Canada
90 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2016 :  1:25:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Prem's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great advice from Christi
Welcome!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000