New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2016 :  11:49:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I see us pretending. I am playing the role of my mother. My in-laws and my parents are very similar. Both women (mom and MIL) went back to work in their forties. Both had lots of drama and both left their husbands but came back. I'm going back to work in the next year. I told my hubby that I'm willing to play out this pattern, but I don't think I can take it too seriously. It can be very dramatic; I guess, but it's just a pattern.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2016 :  1:27:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Your ability to recognize the pattern and wanting to change it is fruits of your practice.

Edited by - sunyata on Nov 28 2016 1:28:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2016 :  8:22:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

Blanche,

My family is becoming really crappy actors. I can see through these patterns. How do I take this seriously?

Lalow,
If you see through their act, you can't take them too seriously. Whatever they do, they do the best they know and can. You probably are pointing them to a better way to live that would take them to their true self. I have a new appreciation of Buddha's saying that "ignorance is the cause of suffering." If it is like in my family, they open up to you and resonate to your state of consciousness. No matter where they are in their spiritual journey, they could live in some way at your level of consciousness - even if only from time to time. And then sometimes they do not resonate, and they do their own thing, and it is ok. They have their own journey.

Also, if you see through the patterns, you have the choice to go with them or not. I catch myself often doing things that I do not have to do. Someday we will do very little and get a lot done.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - May 28 2017 :  9:58:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm happy that I was honest in this thread. I never made myself out to be anything other than what I was experiencing.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000