New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2016 :  5:29:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Confession: sometimes I email Bodhi, and I'm mean to him.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2016 :  7:19:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

Actually, I'm tired of seeking and believing. I just always wanted to be okay with what's happening in the moment. I don't need blissed out love( for my porch-which actually happened, kinda still happening).

Nice Lalow. The more we allow everything,even resistance, we start falling in Love with Life.

When stubborn discomforts arise these days, the ones that are not easily dissolved in silence. I just say to it- Yes, I can live with this discomfort for the rest of my life. After sometime, it dissolves and bliss arises. It's turned into a fun game.

Edited by - sunyata on Aug 30 2016 7:36:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2016 :  7:35:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You can vent to me, Lalow. I can take it. I need to vent sometimes too. It's all good.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2016 :  6:37:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

quote:

Actually, I'm tired of seeking and believing. I just always wanted to be okay with what's happening in the moment. I don't need blissed out love( for my porch-which actually happened, kinda still happening).

Nice Lalow. The more we allow everything,even resistance, we start falling in Love with Life.

When stubborn discomforts arise these days, the ones that are not easily dissolved in silence. I just say to it- Yes, I can live with this discomfort for the rest of my life. After sometime, it dissolves and bliss arises. It's turned into a fun game.

Good advice, Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2016 :  10:17:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I believe in the potential of people. I'm way too blunt or direct to get caught up in co-dependency.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2016 :  07:02:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Amen, and rock on.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2016 :  08:22:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I'm tired of seeking and believing.
The knowing does replace the "believing" at some point. You'll get there. Actually, the very fact you say this, implies you already know there is something beyond seeking and believing.

quote:
sometimes I email Bodhi, and I'm mean to him.
What have you done to deserve this Cody?!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2016 :  08:51:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

What have you done to deserve this Cody?!

My sentiments exactly. To paraphrase Tom Petty: Even a loser gets lucky sometimes.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2016 :  1:28:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I love Tom Petty!
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2016 :  1:33:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My sister is moving out of state to out West. As soon as she moves, I'm booking my flight to see her.

A lot of the time, I feel like I don't every really move. I'm always here. I don't understand " stillness in action". But never mind all of that! I want to visit my sister. I won't analyze it.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2016 :  8:47:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think I'm ever going to be a perfect yogini that's always full of bliss and says the correct thing. But I'm trying to be real. I realize nothing I say is ultimately true.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2016 :  9:10:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lalow,

You don't have to fit in any box not even a perfect yogini. Be True, Be You. Follow your heart and live your life to the fullest.

IMO there is no such thing/person as perfect. Once we start seeing beauty in imperfection then bliss flows in.

Edited by - sunyata on Sep 10 2016 9:12:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2016 :  9:48:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I realize nothing I say is ultimately true.

Same here.

Edited by - sunyata on Sep 10 2016 9:48:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2016 :  9:58:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Perfect is suspect
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2016 :  10:49:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The only person that is perfect is not here on this earth atm.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2016 :  9:26:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
JR, you will be a great yogi.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2016 :  10:19:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I met some other AYPers. One in person, another on the phone. It was so nice. I got quite a bit from simple interactions.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2016 :  07:28:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks I really appreciate it but I don't deserve the title.

Give credit where credit is due give it to god don't give it to me. God is the one that deserves it right? As God is the only one that is perfect.

God is our creator give it to him.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2016 :  10:14:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My mother is sick according to her doctor. I requested she be put on the Samyama list. She is diagnosed with congested heart failure and some other heart problem. She was healed by prayer from congested heart failure about 10yrs ago, but I guess it's back.

The weird thing is everytime I see her, she looks younger. She said her doctor told her that, too. She doesn't look like she's dying to me. The only program that reverses heart disease that I know of is from Dr. Dean Ornish(I believe it's a yoga program). Not sure it' covers her problems, but I'm reading his book for her.

P.S. By a strange coincidence, I happen to buy this book at a library sale about a month ago.

Edited by - lalow33 on Sep 28 2016 10:19:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2016 :  4:11:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wishing her speedy recovery.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2016 :  5:47:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Health, strength, and peace for you and your family, Lalow.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2016 :  06:39:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lalow,
My prayers for your mom. I hope she gets better fast. Take care!
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2016 :  08:07:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
wishing her health and peace
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2016 :  09:27:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wishing your mom and your dear ones the best lalow
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2016 :  7:38:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Further testing shows my mom is doing better. Hooray!
I appreciate all the prayers.

I started practicing again. 2 days of bliss then a Murphy's law day, which is how it goes for me. I got angry, so I told God all about it. Anger, euphoria, beauty, and ecstasy are a weird mix!

I still get frustrated and angry, but I'm not sure about the title of this thread. I've been told 3 times in the last month that I was someone's inspiration, which is weird to me. My son went to a metal music festival. What he kept telling me is I have to listen to this certain song. He said it is my song, 100%. I guess everyone has their song? I listened to it. I cried. Here's my song:

Rise Today
Alter Bridge
Lyrics
The wind is blowing cold
Have we lost our way tonight?
Have we lost our hope to sorrow?
Feels like we're all alone
Running further from what's right
And there are no more heroes to follow
So what are we becoming?
Where did we go wrong?
Yeah, oh yeah
I want to rise today
And change this world
Yeah, oh yeah
Oh, won't you rise today
And change this world?
The sun is beating down
Are we ever gonna change
Can we stop the blood from running?
Our time is running out
Hope we find a better way
Before we find we're left with nothing
For every life that's taken
So much love is wasted
Yeah, oh yeah
I want to rise today
And change this world
Yeah, oh yeah
So won't you rise today
And change
This world
Only love can set it right
This world
If only peace would never die
Seems to me that we've got each other wrong
Was the enemy just your brother all along?
Yeah, oh yeah
I want to rise today
And change this world
Yeah, oh yeah
Oh won't you rise today
And change this world?
Yeah, oh yeah
I want to rise today
And change this world
Yeah, oh yeah
I want to rise today
And change this world
Songwriters: Mark Tremonti / Myles Kennedy
Rise Today lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000