New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2016 :  11:19:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I watched The Secret the other day. I was at the library and saw the dvd for $3, so I bought it. I had heard about it quite a while ago, and thought at the time it was stupid, materialistic, and the opposite of spirituality.

Since I watched it and did a couple of the recommendations, things have gotten better. I mean a whole lot better. I kinda see it like Samyama. Personally, I have had a negative view point. I have felt like my thoughts were manifesting quickly if I was in a high energy state or even a calm seeing state. If I looked at something in either state, something very similar would happen. Sometimes within a few seconds or minutes, sometimes a bit slower and sometimes quite delayed. I thought I was nuts when my thoughts started happening or something very similar. For me, it keeps happening. I don't expect anyone else to see this.

Anyway, I watched that movie and changed a few things. What a difference! I wrote down 5 things I wanted. The thing that was on my mind the most was not what I was first presented with. I had written down that I wanted to run a 5 k at a specific place in a specific minutes per mile. Well, the next day, I get an email from my eldest son's teacher that there's a 5 k at my specific place I wanted to run one. The day before( when I had written down what I wanted), I had thought later, maybe 6 months from now. No, I don't get 6 months. I have 6 weeks! I'm doing it. I believe I can. I'm jumping on this what some may say is a coincidence.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2016 :  12:37:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oddly enough, I believe that if it is supposed to happen it will. And sometimes we get lucky I'm glad you get to run at the place you wanted to.

Just like I thought I would share that I stopped at a rest area to do my business. And then I thought I would get a snack from the vending machine yes expensive I know. Aanyway I put my money in the vending machine and the item I wanted got stuck, and I'm like just my luck and banged on the glass out of frustration. But, for whatever reason it started turning and the item came out! Then benounced to me it kept running and I got 2 of them! Not that I wanted 2 but I got 2 of them! that almost never happens to me.

Edited by - JR8036 on Aug 16 2016 1:37:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2016 :  9:41:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice JR. Small miracles. They show up often as you walk this path. Enjoy them, be grateful for them and let them go.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2016 :  10:50:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
For the 5K:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwyltmUR3MU
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2016 :  10:17:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Bodhi! I enjoyed the clip.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2016 :  3:57:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2016 :  8:05:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So today, I have been called quite a few labels by someone very close to me. After that, I called my dad. He was in bed; I said wake him up. I cried to him for 15 minutes. He didn't know what to say. I'm sure none of his 4 daughters have done this, but I did. Welcome to parenting dad!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2016 :  8:38:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2016 :  9:00:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, dad wasn't all that bad. "I don't know what to say or do." That's all cool, dad. You took my phone call and listened to my gibberish for 15 minutes! This is progress, people!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2016 :  02:30:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Back to the smile then!:
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2016 :  6:49:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bodhi, my dad and mom visited us today. Weird. I moved like 4 years ago. It's the first time. Hooray!
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2016 :  7:02:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Friday and Saturday, I met my bff and 2 of her friends. We had a good time. Something that came out of the weekend was that they smack their kids in the face. I didn't say much. I don't smack my kids in the face. I have two boys. The other women were talking about smacking girls in the face. They all do good work, like volunteering. They build houses in their spare time for the poor. One takes care of her sick with cancer brother. Lots of good work. Nice people. All for women's rights, but they smack their female kids in the face.

I texted my bff afterwards, don't be telling me about girl or woman power and be smacking your daughter in the face. She hasn't responded. I know it's "judgemental", but this yogini has opinions. I don't think the other 2 girls would be cool with it.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2016 :  8:15:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

Bodhi, my dad and mom visited us today. Weird. I moved like 4 years ago. It's the first time. Hooray!

I massaged one of my younger brothers today for the first time. I hadn't seen him in several months. Guess it's a good day for family reunions.

(I'll release a "face smacking" sutra).

Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2016 :  8:24:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't realize that "civilized" people, pro women's rights people smacked their daughters in the face. We are talking about people who are kind and do very good works. I don't smack my kids, but I'm not building houses for the poor, etc.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2016 :  8:32:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sometimes the ones who promote altruism so zealously are the ones who have the darkest of shadows. Like me, for instance.

"The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it."
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2016 :  8:52:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, it's kinda of weird. I'm not doing all this good work, but I'm not smacking my kids in the face. I reached out to 2 of my sisters. They are not going to smack their kids in the face. But we are not doing awesome good community work. We are just not smacking our kids.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2016 :  8:58:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I may lose my bff. I just told her, " Don't you even preach to me about women's right, and be smacking your daughter in the face."
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2016 :  9:51:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's kind of amazing. My sisters and I are not abusing. My parents there was scattered, random abuse. The generation before was crazy abuse. My dad was hit with with metal tools and would have to hide out in the woods with his injures for a day or two til it was safe to come home. I just cry when I type this.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2016 :  10:32:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Tomorrow is my nephew's birthday. He committed suicide years ago. It still hurts. It hurts and it hurts and it hurts.

PS: it hurts and hurts and hurts and hurts and hurts and hurts and hurts and hurts and hurts and hurts and hurts and hurts and hurts and hurts and hurts and hurts and hurts and hurts and hurts..,.

Edited by - lalow33 on Aug 28 2016 10:41:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2016 :  11:34:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Love. Radiance. Strength.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2016 :  12:32:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've tried to be this way and that way. I've done different kinda meditations. I've " tried" to let it go. Honestly, it hurts. That's what's real. Maybe, I should look at this or that view point. For me, it hurts. Maybe, I'm terribly wrong, but it still hurts.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2016 :  12:44:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, there were 2 dudes parked on the street outside of my house for like 10 minutes. I live in the country. There's no reason for this. I told them to get the blank blank out of here or I'd go wake up my husband, and he wouldn't be happy about it. The dudes left.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2016 :  12:50:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So I meditated for 3 days last week. The first day was I was filled with beauty and bliss. After that, it wasn't so nice. One extreme to the other. Anyway, I am recovering from my dramatic displays, and my welts are going away.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2016 :  4:13:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe the beauty was to get you through the not-so-nice days, so you keep coming back
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2016 :  5:12:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dogboy, you know I love you( or at least I hope you do). The bliss is all trampled on by the downward sinking. I can't take much more. Actually, I'm tired of seeking and believing. I just always wanted to be okay with what's happening in the moment. I don't need blissed out love( for my porch-which actually happened, kinda still happening).
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000