New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2016 :  9:17:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Well, I've griped in private to other people. I guess I'll bring it here. I'm really not very nice. I thought I'd be somewhere after years of practice. Nope, I'm here and very grouchy.

Other people seemed to fall into this wonderful bliss. It's not like I've never experienced it. Currently, I just get mad. Come tell me about peace and love. I'll show how I'm not peaceful( I can't say loving' cause sometimes I am).

Are there any one sided energetic people? Come talk to me. I thought I was all done with that, but nope, I ain't.

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2016 :  9:45:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll tell you a good way not to keep friends. Be like me, currently. I got sick of a gay friend lying to me. I guess you are not suppose to say that you know. I told him I know, stop lying to me, well, it ain't good folks, lost like 4 friends there, even though the others knew and talked about him behind his back. I did not.

I told my bff that she's kinda ridiculous after 3 yrs of OMG lets get together then she bails at the last minute. She's not talking to me either.

The absolute crappiest I have been is to my eldest sister. She just said I was being mean a couple of times, so I stopped. She still talks to me, no big deal on either side.

P.S. No one cares who anyone dated. That's what was soooooo ridiculous about all the lies with my gay friend. I guess the best way is to pretend he isn't constantly lying to you. That's what the others that no longer talk to me think, but they complain, so I don't know.

Edited by - lalow33 on Jul 19 2016 9:59:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2016 :  10:40:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lalow,

I would say human beings are not perfect. As we see and love our own imperfections, we love others with their imperfections.

Of course, we use our discernment to let go of toxic relationships. It is said that to be in a human body, there has to be a faint remain of ignorance. That means even the most Enlightened people alive are not perfect.

It's best sometimes to let somethings roll off your back. I always remind myself- Do you want to be right or do you want to be free?

Edited by - sunyata on Jul 19 2016 10:44:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2016 :  10:52:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
sunyata, isn't it funny that my sis is the" fifth" from that group and the only one still talking to me. I heard months of bitching, so I told my gay friend that I knew( didn't say about other friends). He lied. We can't come over cause of something made up. He wants to go here with us but he says he's sick, sticks us paying for his part, and he's in a post at a gay party, and nooooo one cares who anyone is attracted to. I said something. It's over. I lost 4 friends.

Maybe, I wanted to be right. Everyone was bitching. I said something. My sister never backed me. I cussed her out. She still talks to me.

What I'd like to find in this world is someone that just listens, doesn't tell me what's up. This is a message board. It's not possible here. I've given advice that maybe I shouldn't.

Edited by - lalow33 on Jul 19 2016 11:07:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2016 :  11:03:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have said this before- I have dropped expectations from the outside. It doesn't mean I'm opposed to receiving. I look for that wholeness inside me. That frees up a lot of space.

I would inquire/look closely why I lost the friends. Were they toxic and it's better that we are not friends? If the answer is yes, then I would be peace with it.

If I feel, our friendship is more important than this incident? I would reach out to them and keep the friendship.

Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2016 :  11:12:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have no belief that says there are toxic people. If there really are toxic people, well I'm it, currently.

Edited by - lalow33 on Jul 20 2016 01:39:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2016 :  11:13:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sure a lot of people listen to you. May be not the exact way you want to be listened?
May be use this as a bhakti for self inquiry and reflection.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2016 :  11:14:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lalow,

May you find peace and tranquility that's in you.

Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2016 :  11:23:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No inquiry. I look at something, and I get really crazy stuff. I got a long list of crazy stuff that has happened, like if I take a peek at it. It's too much. Zippo, zero looking at anything.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2016 :  12:30:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yay! A grouchy yogini to pine away alongside the disgruntled mystic! Join the party.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2016 :  01:17:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Love you guys, sunyata and Bodhi even though I argue with you both. Good people, folks.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis

USA
83 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2016 :  02:06:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Real friends don't 'break up' with you so quickly. Sounds like they're more like close acquaintances than friends.

I think you did the right thing.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2016 :  02:30:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
What I'd like to find in this world is someone that just listens, doesn't tell me what's up. This is a message board. It's not possible here. I've given advice that maybe I shouldn't.

Listening, be a mirror is not so easy for most of us.

It is all about expectations. Most of us would like to see 'the other' happy or different then who he or she is, seen true our eyes. It is not easy to listen and don't give advice or comment, to just be there for the other.

The same way it works with ourselves, we would like to be different, better, more loving etc. but if we love ourself the way we really are, we also love 'the other' as he or she is. Only then we can see who he or she really is. Not perfect, but we can love the imperfection.

We are like mirrors, if we like it or not. If we change, the world changes with us, and we change always, all is changing always.

Love to you lalow

Edit: Sometimes 'friends' disappear and sometimes new 'friends' appear. I have a meditation I use about transparency.

The meditation tells about how we can stay transparant, this way we can welcome people in our life, not cling on to them, they are free, we are free. The label 'friend', let it go....

It helped me, to see it this way.

Edited by - Charliedog on Jul 20 2016 03:53:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2016 :  06:51:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey! You guys beet me to it! I was gonna say something last about this topic but hey, I might have been a grouch myself. Grouchy about why I got myself into this situation. Laylow you are not the only one that is that way.

Grouchy or not you know we still love you
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2016 :  07:26:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey go watch Groucho Marx on youtube :)
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2016 :  6:29:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well Lalow, you may be one of the normal ones, as in it could be that most people are crabby these days. The whole planet seems to be going through a rough patch. A great many people are just looking for reasons to be offended, so they can brood about the unfair treatment. Maybe most of us just need a reason to brood. I've noticed that my habitual attitude is to enjoy being alienated and feeling unique in my isolation/ separation. So when it turns out (as has been discovered) that I'm just like everyone else, tending to become offended at the slightest thing, well... I don't know what to make of it. Of course, I'm not always crabby. And the magic happens when I catch myself intentionally getting offended - then the priceless little halfsmile is unavoidable - consequently it becomes very hard to really believe one is separate. lol. There's a trade-off between being what I am as honestly as I can at the moment ... and being sensitive to others being offended by me just being me. One may try too hard to be considerate and it often backfires. And usually the last thing people want to hear is an honest response to their self-deception and complaints. Being sensitive to how we are offensive to others is the kind of radical honesty that self-realization requires imo.
Go to Top of Page

dv2014

USA
93 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2016 :  9:18:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Real Love" by Greg Baer was an eye opener - discovered from AYP forums of course.

To forgive others we have to forgive ourselves first - it is ok to be not so nice and perfect. I struggle with these a lot, but until it becomes spontaneous and natural from within it is perhaps ok to nudge the mind a little with these reminders ... ?

Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2016 :  9:03:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I appreciate all your responses. It was suggested to me to increase my walk times. I have done this. The mental and emotional have calmed down, but it's humid. Me and humidity don't get along with me as the body.

It did kick in my intuition. You know those moments when you see that everything happens on purpose. So what I've gotten from my hoopla and intuition is that I should listen to myself. Not myself so much thinking and planning and worrying, just that clear, do that or don't do that. Nothing mystical, just duh!, simple stuff, like when it's happening kinda stuff. Like one bite of that banana, and I don't feel good, so I don't eat the banana. I'm suppose to walk for1-2hrs, but I stop around an hr. cause I start to swell. It's not really thought about. You just do it. Instinct, intuition, whatever.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2016 :  10:01:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I went on a road trip this week with the family to a heavy rock concert. One of the bands was Breaking Benjamin. It was an outdoor concert venue with an open pavilion. We were in the lawn. They played my fav song by them at sunset. It was awesome. I was close to tears.

My hubby told me later that the lead singer has some mystery illness. He feels electrocuted and poisoned at the same time. I guess he tried to drink himself to death but gave up on that. I guess he's seen 300 doctors with not much help. I feel for him.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2016 :  11:19:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

I went on a road trip this week with the family to a heavy rock concert. One of the bands was Breaking Benjamin. It was an outdoor concert venue with an open pavilion. We were in the lawn. They played my fav song by them at sunset. It was awesome. I was close to tears.

My hubby told me later that the lead singer has some mystery illness. He feels electrocuted and poisoned at the same time. I guess he tried to drink himself to death but gave up on that. I guess he's seen 300 doctors with not much help. I feel for him.

My classmate recently played a song of theirs for me. Not too bad at all. I'll do a little samyama for the lead singer. Glad you enjoyed the show. Live music is the bomb.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2016 :  01:00:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm somber tonight.

Here's some lyrics from Breaking Benjamin from Dark Before Dawn Album

Time will take our place
We return it back to one
The calm before the cold,
The long and lonely road
Look for the light that leads me home
Tired of feeling lost, tired of letting go
Tear the whole world down, tear the whole world down
Failure

Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2016 :  01:55:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Keep journaling in your Grouchy Yogini topic lalow. It might help you. Not that you need help but you know what I mean. Self-inquire is important on this journey.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2016 :  7:24:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It seems that if you can't develop some divinity, you can still develop human compassion and love. Maybe not for everyone just yet, but it's possible.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2016 :  8:00:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I still wish upon a star even though I'm over 40 yrs. old. My wish has been the same for maybe 4-5 yrs. It hasn't come true. I wish for my mom to be happy, not every night, but lots. You're not suppose to tell your wish, but I'm going to tell her.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2016 :  9:29:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I still wish upon a star even though I'm over 40 yrs. old. My wish has been the same for maybe 4-5 yrs. It hasn't come true. I wish for my mom to be happy, not every night, but lots. You're not suppose to tell your wish, but I'm going to tell her.

Wishes and prayers are cousins, so wish and pray away. If Guru Inyou says to share it, who are you to do otherwise
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2016 :  4:30:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's school time! Both of my kids( one preteen, the other a young teen) have ended up in engineering classes. A bit odd for young folks, but I'm trying to go with the flow..
Personally, I'm for art and gym class 'til at least upper high school, but no one asks me. I guess I don't control the world.

I guess my youngest child will be okay. He once had an art project in 5th grade to draw himself at 100. Some kids made grave stones, some drew themselves with grey hair, not my son. He drew a crude pen drawing of a computer matrix where he was half robot. I'm his mom, so I thought it was awesome.

Edited by - lalow33 on Jul 25 2016 4:47:03 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000