New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2016 :  6:52:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Christi,

Just had a suggestion/question for the US TTC. Instead of one month course- have you considered breaking it down into one week course over several months? I feel there would be more turn out/interested in enrolling with this schedule. For those with kids, regular job-it's difficult to take a month off and much easier to take a week off at a time. May be something to factor in when the planning starts.

Moderator note: This topic has been slit from here

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2016 :  10:13:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sunyata,

Yes, a few people have asked if this option could be possible. Another option that has been asked for is to do a two week course one year and a two week the following year, with people completing the course in two years.

Different arrangements suit different people. The reason we are running a 4 week course in Europe next year is to make it as accessible as possible to people from all over the world. People only need to travel one time and can complete the course in one go. With a series of shorter courses making up the full course, it becomes more difficult for people coming from overseas because of the travelling costs.

All options are still open though for a US/ Canada TTC.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2016 :  3:49:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Christi. That makes sense for the first AYP TTC and people flying from everywhere. Two week course sounds reasonable. I'm sure the first TTC course will be phenomenal.

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2016 :  5:34:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sunyata, Scott and all,

Just to give an idea of timescales, we are looking in terms of 2018 for a US/ Canada TTC. We will be focussing on the European TTC first.

One step at a time.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2016 :  7:16:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Can we discount someone's cost if they can't afford it?
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2016 :  7:20:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Sunyata, Scott and all,

Just to give an idea of timescales, we are looking in terms of 2018 for a US/ Canada TTC. We will be focussing on the European TTC first.

One step at a time.

Christi

Hi Christi,

That works even better. I was hoping it would be in 2018 the earliest :). More time to practice and the kiddos will be older.

Yes, one step at a time.

Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2016 :  7:28:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
sunyata, I hope you get a chance to attend Teacher's Training.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2016 :  8:04:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Lalow. Hope we both get to attend. That would be amazing.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2016 :  8:23:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, but I'd need like 5 yrs or more.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2016 :  10:13:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

Yes, but I'd need like 5 yrs or more.

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2016 :  2:55:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

At the moment we do not have a fund set up to be able to offer discounted places, but this is a great idea. I know of two people who are on low incomes and are trying to raise the money needed to be able to do the training in France next year.

I will set this up so that we can take donations from anyone who wants to support others, who are living on a low income, to train as AYP Yoga teachers. The funding programme can carry over so that we can hopefully provide some scholarship places for the US/ Canada TTC as well.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2016 :  07:45:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi guys,

As the topic has been raised about the USA/ Canada Teacher Training Course, and what format to hold it in, it would be useful at this stage to get some input.

There are really three workable options:

1. To hold it as a 4 week course in one go, as we are doing in France next year
2. To hold two, 2 week courses, spaced out 6 months apart, so one in the Spring say and one in the Fall.
3. To hold two, 2 week courses, with one happening one year and the next a year later.

The whole course needs to be 28 days in total, to cover all the teaching and practice needed under the Yoga Alliance guidelines. With the first 2 options people would become qualified as teachers within one year and with the third option, they would become qualified in two years. The first two options would probably take place in 2018, with the third option happening during 2018 and 2019.

Either post here with preferences, or PM me to let me know. I can also be contacted here. This would also be helpful in terms of giving me a rough idea of the numbers of people who are interested in taking part in an AYP teacher training in the US/ Canada, so we would know what size venue to book.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2016 :  08:55:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

#3 would work best here. Have you considered summer? As schools are closed and easier to travel.

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2016 :  10:38:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sunyata,

Early summer holidays could be possible, yes. I have two kids myself, two girls aged 13 and 10, and they like me to be around during the school summer holidays so I can take them camping and surfing.

But in the U.K. we have shorter summer holidays than you do. I believe in North America, kids break up at the end of May, or early June? Is that right? If so then late June could work?

In practice, dates can depend as much on what venues have available as on anything else.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2016 :  12:07:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

At the moment we do not have a fund set up to be able to offer discounted places, but this is a great idea. I know of two people who are on low incomes and are trying to raise the money needed to be able to do the training in France next year.

I will set this up so that we can take donations from anyone who wants to support others, who are living on a low income, to train as AYP Yoga teachers. The funding programme can carry over so that we can hopefully provide some scholarship places for the US/ Canada TTC as well.

Christi

Wonderful!
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2016 :  1:38:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi Sunyata,

Early summer holidays could be possible, yes. I have two kids myself, two girls aged 13 and 10, and they like me to be around during the school summer holidays so I can take them camping and surfing.

But in the U.K. we have shorter summer holidays than you do. I believe in North America, kids break up at the end of May, or early June? Is that right? If so then late June could work?

In practice, dates can depend as much on what venues have available as on anything else.

Christi

Hi Christi,

Fun and cool Dad! Yes, schools are are out where I live by end of May.
The other states may vary- I'm pretty sure they close second week of June the latest.Yes, late June would be wonderful.
The joy of being a householder yogi/yogini, we would not be able to have this much fun if we lived on the mountain top.

Lets see what other members have in mind and the availability of the venue too.

Edited by - sunyata on Jun 07 2016 1:41:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2016 :  3:29:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds difficult. Maybe it's best to teach the younger people without families. I'm not sure. Some of us signed up for a householder path, but it doesn't work with Teacher's Training.

P.S. every young teacher, I have enjoyed being around her.

Edited by - lalow33 on Jun 07 2016 3:40:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2016 :  4:07:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Sounds difficult. Maybe it's best to teach the younger people without families. I'm not sure. Some of us signed up for a householder path, but it doesn't work with Teacher's Training.

P.S. every young teacher, I have enjoyed being around her.

Haha...The younger teachers definitely come with lots of vigor.
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2016 :  4:02:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all!

As I previously said to Tristan, #3 would work for me. #1 would work for me only in August.

All the best!
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2016 :  4:08:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Will Power

Hi all!

As I previously said to Tristan, #3 would work for me. #1 would work for me only in August.

All the best!

Good for you! I hope the dates work out for you.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2016 :  5:57:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yay for #3!
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2016 :  2:37:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks lalow
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2016 :  7:57:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You will both make great teachers.
Go to Top of Page

Samadhi

USA
64 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2016 :  11:36:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would definitely be in for #3!
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2016 :  4:45:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi guys,

I have been making some initial inquiries and it is looking likely that there will be a number of bureaucratic hurdles that will need to be crossed, before we are able to run an AYP Teacher Training course in North America. These are mostly to do with visas for visiting teachers.

Because of this, it is looking unlikely that we will be able to run a Teacher Training in North America in 2018 or before. At this stage I would advise anyone wanting to train as an AYP Yoga teacher in the near future, to come over to Europe to train, if they are able to. There are still places for both men and women on the Teacher Training course in France next year.

The next teacher training course, after France, is likely to be somewhere in Europe as well. When we are able to make the teacher training courses available in North America, we will.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2016 :  6:24:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

I thought there were no Visa requirements for British passport holders. It's probably different for teachers and teacher training. There is always the option to travel to Europe.Thank you for the update.

Edited by - sunyata on Oct 27 2016 6:24:56 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000