Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 how do you remake a vata body?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sn19

USA
15 Posts

Posted - May 20 2016 :  9:48:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
A person's bone structure at birth is a giveaway for the dosha that was predominant at that time, thus it is easy for an experienced Ayurvedic practitioner to determine what dosha was dominant at birth by examining the bone structure of an adult.

Suppose that a person was born vata and has archetypal vata manifestations in every possible way including popping/cracking noises in joints, lots of wind, etc.

What is the most effective technique to move away from a vata structure to a greater balance of pitta and kapha?
Not just to sooth or pacify vata but to remake the body for the long term, to make it more pitta/kapha like.

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  7:01:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
sn19

Vatas tend to have underdeveloped or very thin bodies. We (I'm vata) also need more routine in our lives. So if you develop a routine of working out at the gym or fitness center, it will pacify vata while simultaneously tending toward muscle development - which is more characteristic of pitta physique. If you want to get downright fat, then you will need to mostly eat and sleep all the time like a couch potato. But most vatas can't do that. We're far too active and have surplus nervous energy. It's hard for most of us to sit still and relax. I make myself eat breakfast. It probably isn't a wonderful idea for most people to pig out, but for vatas it seems to help. If you are going to work out at the gym every day (I know a vata who is quite happy doing just that), you may need to double or triple your caloric intake. One thing I love is ice cream, which I can pretty much pig out on and it doesn't make me gain weight. Other than that, being a vata is hard because we have to make sure we don't use up more energy than is available through our food intake.

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000