New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - May 16 2016 :  9:02:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am sure I should do like lalow said and not read any more mishap stories. But, my greatest fear in this is becoming totally insane from it. As far as I know I am still sane. Nobody has told me different.

I sure hope I can handle the event.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - May 16 2016 :  9:31:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I am sure I should do like lalow said and not read any more mishap stories. But, my greatest fear in this is becoming totally insane from it.

I sure hope I can handle the event.

Yes, agree with Lalow. Relax and stop reading the horror stories. You have all the lessons here, you won't go insane.

quote:
As far as I know I am still sane. Nobody has told me different.

If it happens, you already know what it is. You just need to surrender to the energy, that's it.

If you are able to, practice DM. This helps to cultivate inner silence.

Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - May 17 2016 :  06:29:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ok maybe I should mention another thing I got on my mind and that i am wondering about. I have never done any hardcore drugs in my life. fact is the last time i had anything to drink was when this first started. i was so confused about it at the time i said the hell with it and had a couple beers. i did not get totally wasted but was very tipsy so to speak.

And I think that might be the last time I ever drink again because when I started I almost thought I could hear k scream. I felt bad for what I done when I heard it.

One other thing i think this will be the last one..lol.. I smoked 2 packs a day for a about 15yrs last year I quit doing that and picked up vaping instead. What kind of impact will that have on me? I am sure k will tell me when I need to give it up I m sure I need to anyway just a habit right now.
Go to Top of Page

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - May 17 2016 :  5:27:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you need a bit more explanation on what kundalini actually is, David Spero has a couple of good videos about her: https://youtu.be/VDa6nScKbKo and https://youtu.be/Z_Ux7XF7BvA

Edited by - jean on May 17 2016 5:40:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - May 17 2016 :  6:12:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
ok maybe I should mention another thing I got on my mind and that i am wondering about. I have never done any hardcore drugs in my life. fact is the last time i had anything to drink was when this first started. i was so confused about it at the time i said the hell with it and had a couple beers. i did not get totally wasted but was very tipsy so to speak.

And I think that might be the last time I ever drink again because when I started I almost thought I could hear k scream. I felt bad for what I done when I heard it.

One other thing i think this will be the last one..lol.. I smoked 2 packs a day for a about 15yrs last year I quit doing that and picked up vaping instead. What kind of impact will that have on me? I am sure k will tell me when I need to give it up I m sure I need to anyway just a habit right now.

Hi JR8036,

Becoming drug free (which includes caffeine, nicotine and alcohol), would be a very good move at this stage in your life, if you are able to do it. Kundalini is a purifying energy, so if you are putting impurities into your body, there will basically be more work to do.

There is a brief description of what kundalini is on my site here and something on the relationship between kundalini and ecstasy here, which you may find useful.

Basically, all the answers to all the questions you are asking can be found in the AYP main lessons and tantra lessons. So you could be well advised to sit back, relax and do some reading. There are hundreds of lessons here and they cover the whole subject of kundalini in great detail and how to work with the energy right from the beginning of a kundalini awakening through to the final stages of the purification of the crown and of the awakened and expanded heart.

If more questions come up, feel free to ask here.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - May 17 2016 :  8:27:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you as you can see I got a lot of work to do. as time goes on i guess i just need to find a way to settle myself down (I am probably overloaded with info right now and it is overwhelming). this is a lot for me to soak in after finding out this whole process thing is something that i can not say no too.

I keep asking myself why it decided to wake me up. And finding out it started long before I even saw it closing in on me is overwhelming too. Is this something we all go through or is it something just a select few of us do? Which I am guessing just a select few.

As you can see I like to have control on things that I can have control of. Not knowing what the future holds and something that I don't really have control of is out of my boundary and not normal for me.

On the other hand those brief articles do explain why i feel warmth in my legs from time to time. Which I would have to guess it has started and is on the way someday.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - May 17 2016 :  8:40:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are waking yourself up. It's not a select few.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - May 17 2016 :  8:53:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JR8036,

Yes, it's a lot of info to take in. May be you need a break for few days from this. Eventually everyone goes though this at some point, if not this lifetime then next.

It's an opportunity to live your life from a new/different place. You are blessed to be going through this now. Consider yourself lucky and start your practices when you can.

Edited by - sunyata on May 18 2016 07:45:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - May 18 2016 :  01:57:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JR8036

I grew up in a christian house so I know a little about the religion and I am trying to learn anything I can about god. This desire I am more than welcome to keep with me for a long time.

Dear JR - Be honest with yourself . There is no way you are going to back out of this. This sentence above is the key, the thing driving you. This kind of desire for God we call Bhakti (Devotion)in AYP. It is the fire that lights the process. And we will walk on hot coals to the ends of the earth for it, never mind a little unstable kundalini.
Luckily for us, we do not have to go to extremes because Yogani has given us clear, simple techniques to engage with the Divine and cautioned to self-pace to manage this transformation in a safe manner. It is the most exciting journey you will ever take.
Welcome aboard!

Sey

Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - May 18 2016 :  5:18:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yea thanks for the uplifting news. Now I have no idea if it is pain or it it is energy. More times than not it moves so i know then it is energy. Today brought me up a bit more than what I was in the mood for yesterday.

this thing is crazy and strange. I thought I would let myself have till sunday to get off of nicotine, which I thought would be a tall order for this kind of a drug. Maybe I should not celebrate too early yet but, about mid afternoon I somehow completely lost interest in anything nicotine related. I knew k would let me know when I needed to quit just never thought it would be this soon.

alcohol I have no prob cutting because I did not get hooked on it.

what do I tell my friends about me being and working on staying drug free? I am sure not everybody will be happy with me just saying well, its "health reasons" I am sure some will want more details than that.

Edited by - JR8036 on May 18 2016 6:20:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - May 19 2016 :  06:42:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just don't understand how you guys are excited to see me go through this.

This morning I had trouble breathing. It seemed like my breath would follow the flow of my energy which made it difficult to breath. Somehow I seemed to get enough oxygen so I could breath it was just uncomfortable and at times tiresome. I just don't understand why you guys seem happy for me when I just feel miserable. Help me understand??

AARRRRGGGggg....why do I have these crazy mood swings!?
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - May 19 2016 :  07:38:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JR8036,

They are birthing pangs. Even a caterpillar has to go through a series of transformation to turn into a beautiful butterfly.
Always good to clear with the Dr to rule out medical conditions. Patience, Trust and Devotion will take you a long way on this path.

Take it easy. Even though it may seem difficulty now~ try to enjoy this journey. Read the lesson on grounding. Don't over analyze, let everything pass.

Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - May 19 2016 :  1:28:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank u for the info I didn't mean to rain on ur parade just a bit frustrated with these new symptoms. I am slowly realizing I won't be able to live the rest of my life like I have my first 36 yrs.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - May 19 2016 :  3:24:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very good,JR8036. You are already learning to listen to the energy. Keep going. It's your call resist or surrender.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - May 19 2016 :  6:00:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
from what little I have read. I sure think I will surrender to it the best I can. I don't need my life to be any harder by resisting it. It is all ready hard enough as it is without adding k to the mix. (talk about stress when you add k..lol)

I did not realize that almost everything I have said and felt so far has a name and a place for it. which almost means it will happen at least I think so.

Edited by - JR8036 on May 19 2016 6:14:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  08:28:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
where can I find more info on these birthing pangs? Its becoming more and more obvious that these signs are happening. k is also messing with my sleep if i cant sleep in when I don't have to work I am not gonna be very happy.

I want my old life back all ready!..lol..No matter how bad it was.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  12:09:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JR8036

There isn't one book dealing with managing k, but there is a lot of advice dotted around the lessons and the forum. You can look up "kundalini" in the AYP Topic Index. Some of the lessons listed there are about k overload.

Essentially, you have already received the advice you need in the replies people have posted for you here - grounding and watching your diet (Jean's post above). Have you tried any of these ideas?

One other thing you can do is deep relaxation and allowing the energy to move freely while you simply witness the sensations/feelings that arise. The great advantage of this is that it develops the inner silence (witness), which is the bit you're behind with. This is not a substitute for grounding. You need to balance the two.

You need to experiment a little to find out what works for you.

Yes, it would have been nice if things happened slower, in a more controlled way for you, but that is just wishful thinking now. All you can do is make the most of what you've got - you know this.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on May 21 2016 12:11:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  1:18:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No, I have not tried much work has been too busy for me to try other things which I am sure is not helping me at all. I just tried meditating again this morning which made me feel better than what I have in a while so I guess I need to develop a regular routine for meditating. (which I am not too fond of but I guess I should start doing anyway) I need to have more free time for myself to be able to try other things or I guess I just need to force myself to try new things. I am not too good at trying new things that is why I said FORCE myself.

I have been reading the lessons some. Just not trying to read too much too soon. Like I read several this morning also and felt my energy stir so I stopped with the lesson I was on when my energy stirred and have not read any since then.

Have been trying to look up some of the grounding and as far as diet goes you said a heavy diet right? I eat a lot of meat anyway so that would not be a problem there for me. I used to drink a lot of caffeine but, I recently cut that out also which might be another reason for me being irritated.

I was really hoping it would die down like you said but not doing anything has not really helped things at all. Sounds like it sped things up?

Edited by - JR8036 on May 21 2016 2:53:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  4:22:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I was really hoping it would die down like you said but not doing anything has not really helped things at all. Sounds like it sped things up?

Hi JR8036,

If you do not engage in spiritual practices and concentrate on staying grounded, then the symptoms of kundalini will usually die down over time and become stabilized. "Over time" means over a period of weeks and months, rather than over a period of days.

Reading spiritual literature and practising meditation would not count as "avoiding all spiritual practices". That would be engaging in spiritual practices, which is a choice you can make if you want to. If you do make that choice, then be prepared for a bumpy ride for a while.

Personally, I would advise you to spend at least a few weeks, if not a month or two, avoiding all spiritual practices. This will give time for things to settle down and become stable and for the fears that you have developed to subside. It is not easy to develop a regular meditation practice, if you have a lot of fear and anxiety and especially if those fears are being exasperated by spiritual symptoms being created by the meditation practice. In a few months time, everything will be a lot more simple.

It is your call of course.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  5:05:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you the reason I was worried about it was I was doing nothing about it and things seemed to continue and move on forward and I was like umm...ok

I guess I will continue to do nothing then. Some are saying here that I will go through it and some are also saying that I will not go through it. I am now confused more than anything which is normal for me...lol
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  5:57:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JR8036,

There isn't anyway that anyone can say for sure that one outcome will definitely happen, or that another one will. All anyone can do is give probabilities of things that are likely to happen, or not likely to happen. Some people are simply "wired" to go through an awakening, and whatever they do, it will happen anyway. Other people are not wired in that way and have much more control over what happens.

To be honest, it does not really matter. Avoiding a spiritual awakening, means remaining asleep and continuing to suffer, potentially for the remainder of this lifetime and for many more. It is not necessarily an outcome to hope for. Going through a spiritual awakening means waking up to a life that is free from suffering. Not only free from suffering, but filled with joy and love and peace. What kundalini does, amongst other things, is to give a glimpse of the full possibility of the human condition. Once that possibility has been seen, it is difficult to turn your back and walk away.

Whatever you decide to do, take it easy and give yourself time to breathe. There is no rush.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  6:44:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
JR

You will develop a full partnership with this kundalini energy, which is your own basic energy greatly amplified. At first it may seem like something foreign has invaded you, and you may desperately want to rid yourself of that intruder. Many of us can remember when it felt like we would do anything to get our old lives back. It will take awhile to adjust to the energy intensification and once you do, the whole process will have been worthwhile. This is virtually guaranteed!

It can be a rough ride but we haven't much choice except to surrender to the process. Some of us had to learn the hard way to cooperate with the energy, as opposed to fighting it. When at my wit's end, I tried talking to the energy, which was a huge help. Willingness to negotiate with the energy is proof that one has accepted it, and is no longer fighting against it. The psychological strain is much less when one can make adjustments to the process, no matter how small those adjustments may be in the beginning. Grounding activities are extremely important. And also limiting spiritual enterprises. I love spiritual music and books, but had to give up both in the beginning. From my experience, the most important advice is to be patient; learn new ways to be kind and gentle with yourself. Best wishes,

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  9:32:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As Yogani has said, kundalini isn't like a trophy or personal toy that's intended for us to obsess over in our private time. Kundalini is the evolutionary force of life that is shaping us into contributing members of society. Therefore, all that is required is to go with the flow, rather than to worry about hyper-regulation, micro-management, or ways to claim the energy as a unique possession.

It's a universal phenomenon occurring in all of us, to varying degrees.

You work in a family business, so it sounds like you're well on your way. Just trust where She is leading you, and let it manifest as service and an outpouring of divine love, and it will be smooth sailing.

Catch you on the flipside.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  10:07:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hm. Well, I think the wisdom will be well-received by JR. It definitely helped me shortly after I had a peak kundalini experience in 2010. The sooner we understand the purpose of kundalini, the better.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  10:17:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
oh yes it is well received ty! I have just been trying to be quiet and try to figure out what direction I need to head to.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000