is this kundalini? what do i do now?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2016 :  4:13:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, the meaning and cause of dreams is often mysterious, but I think it's safe to say that we can consider the content of dreams to be part of the general scenery, and that our mind is purifying itself of certain baggage, and ultimately, opening up to better levels of consciousness.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2017 :  06:18:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Is there anything I can do to ease the pain in my back? Normally k just gives me a pin prick which is easy to deal with most of the time. But last night, k was lighting up my back from my butt almost to my neck in one constant glow. She's slowed down a bit this morning but some of the pain is still there. Hope I don't have to grin and bear it till it goes back down again. I am so ready for this to be over.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2017 :  07:52:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't believe me, investigate this in yourself.

Energy is healing. For instance there is pain in the body, for whatever reason. When we become aware of our energy we will learn to feel how it is working. There could be pain and ecstasy at the same time. Like there is a battlefield going on in the body.
Do not blame the energy, it is purifying and healing you. See her as your Healer.

PS go to a doctor in case of serious health issues.

Edited by - Charliedog on Jan 03 2017 07:57:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2017 :  09:50:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Try holding forward-fold for a few minutes, bending the knees with your butt resting on the wall. It is restorative, allows you to get comfortable, playful; allows blood flow to the head. Your body will make adjustments in those few minutes and pain should ease.
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2017 :  11:52:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Charliedog

Don't believe me, investigate this in yourself.

Energy is healing. For instance there is pain in the body, for whatever reason. When we become aware of our energy we will learn to feel how it is working. There could be pain and ecstasy at the same time. Like there is a battlefield going on in the body.
Do not blame the energy, it is purifying and healing you. See her as your Healer.

PS go to a doctor in case of serious health issues.

Well said Charliedog. Even before I knew what was going on with my k awakening, it was surmised that I had encountered a Great Teacher in this enigmatic energy.

Breaking down that bolded part to expand on it ...
1. When we become aware of our energy
2. we will learn to feel
3. how it is working

It is true that Shakti is our Healer. What is being emphasized here is that - above all, over time, She is teaching us how to become very proficient self-healers. Charliedog's statement explicitly points out what She is doing. Firstly Shakti begins revving up our energy through making it virtually impossible to deny that we are undergoing a radical shift-change-transformation: Thus, we become aware of our energy.

In a k awakening - it is, in fact, very hard NOT to pay attention i.e., we are literally FORCED to take note of our bodily signals. So secondly, she teaches us to become sensitive and properly reconnected with our bodies in order to decode what they are telling us: We learn to (really) feel our body sensations. Thirdly, she is showing us how our body responds and is a reflection of our every thought, feeling and intent. She is effectively training us to take control of our karma and therefore to become more open to divine or universal guidance (aimed at enlightenment): We comprehend how it is working.

According to David Frawley, in his book From the River of Heaven - "All branches of Vedic Science teach us to take control of our karma. This occurs by becoming aware of it." If it can be agreed that Shakti is showing us how to balance our karma ... the way She is doing that is by teaching us to ASSIST HER in the task of blockage removal, purification and opening. As we get up to speed with Her divine program, we do our best to accommodate Her in whatever way is necessary. We somehow find a way to cope with whatever is happening, which seems to comprise the 'energy component' of the path to enlightenment: We learn how it is working.

If it helps I can share this: There was a time when I decided it was just too hard to become enlightened and I wanted out, I totally wanted to change my mind and quit. I screamed at the universe - "I don't want to be enlightened anymore! Let this be over please!" Unfortunately, for the majority of us, that really isn't an option ... as it gently - or not so gently - dawns on you that there is no escape from your true Self. It is what you are and everything else may fall away, but your true Self is something you are probably eternally stuck with. To break down the barriers which have been erected to hide from ourselves - cannot be a very gentle undertaking. It is divine demolition.

Edited by - parvati9 on Jan 03 2017 1:29:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2017 :  12:28:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I believe you I have no reason not too. As the day has went on and I have woken up my pain has to a degree went away. But, I am sure it will be back tonight. Don't know till you ask right?
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2017 :  2:12:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
May I suggest, if the pain comes back tonight, that you welcome it?
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2017 :  4:54:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I did welcome it for a while it actually felt good too. It must have ramped up yet again last night which I was not ready for.
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2017 :  9:03:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You say you believe Charliedog, but do you understand what she said? You tell us you are so ready for this to be over. Okay many of us have been there, done that, and we're fully capable of empathizing. Many of us had to find a way to successfully deal with excruciating pain and/or debilitating identity crisis. After multiple failures, we knew we had to trust the process and work with it. Anyone who successfully weathers a k awakening was more or less forced into trusting their transformation and the divine forces at work therein.

At some point you will probably realize complaining is a manifestation of failure to trust the process and is only making your predicament worse. I believe that point is now. What will help immensely is assisting the energy. It's a slight shift in perspective. Ultimately you have to believe in yourself and stretch your notion of what is possible. No one here will tell you this is easy because we know from personal experience how hard it is. It is counterintuitive to trust a process that is at best extremely uncomfortable. However that trust is prerequisite to a successful k awakening.

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2017 :  9:48:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Amen, Parvati!

JR,

You have to learn to balance and dance with her. It's a long process.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2017 :  03:53:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JR,
quote:
I believe you I have no reason not too. As the day has went on and I have woken up my pain has to a degree went away. But, I am sure it will be back tonight. Don't know till you ask right?

The forums are to ask and answer, it helps. Just to know we are not the only one is a help. We are all learning here, all in the same boat.

After the confusing first periode of awakening we become interesting in what happens inside. If we are interested instead of confused it is easier to surrender. With surrender I mean, in the night when the energy is surging, vibrating, tingling, I am like, ok I am resetting now to a higher gear and it is possible to relax enjoy and let go.....

Daily two times of SBP and DM brings balance, if your back hurts at this moment it might be a good idea to do some light asana work, like dogboy mentioned above. Before standing up from bed, do some stretching and rounding of your back. Like pulling the knees above the chest and hug your legs, make yourself as small and round as possible, like a ball. May be you already do that.

Like Sunyata points out, it is a long process, we better learn to dance

Edited by - Charliedog on Jan 04 2017 04:06:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2017 :  03:57:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@Parvati, forever learning
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2017 :  06:23:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

, no I don't do any of that and yes I try to get answers from other places but I try to step very light outside of here if that's what you mean. I would like to think I know more than the first day I came here but I'm still not sure if I do or not. And yes the pain came back last night but not as strong as the night before. And if you can't tell I'm not used to waiting for things as long as this is taking which is also frustrating me ATM.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2017 :  05:31:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How do you guys stay motivated to keep up meditation? For whatever reason I have no motivation now. It's like everything else I get into up to a certain point I loose interest or it just plain gets boring. Then I quit doing it and start looking for something else.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2017 :  08:23:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We need spiritual desire, called Bhakti. Bhakti fuels us with the desire to practice. If you have a burning desire to know who you are inside or to know God or the Universe it becomes more easy. Effort in daily life can also be a great motivator.

Till then we have to kick ourselves, we need discipline, like taking a shower, brushing your teeth, go to work, cook, the same way it is with meditation we just have to do it.

Another option is to stop meditating. To go back to life before meditation. You can try this for some weeks and see if this is the option for you, you can always on every moment come back to the practice of meditation. It is always your own decision.

Spiritual life is not always easy, it takes courage, discipline, and a lot of love for yourself. An option to develop bhakti could be to start reading the lessons of Yogani, this might fuel your desire.

Edited by - Charliedog on Jan 09 2017 08:25:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2017 :  4:16:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
OK thanks I may try that for a while because as of right now I feel good. I may meditate only when I feel like it and when I have time not sure I need to force myself to do it everyday atm.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2017 :  5:14:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Without water, plants will not thrive and wither. Overwatering is just as troublesome. Surely you can find a comfortable middle ground.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2017 :  6:49:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Idk, have to see how it goes for a couple weeks maybe. Maybe I will only meditate 1 time a day see how that goes. Just been overwhelmed and wanting a break for a while.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2017 :  03:11:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JR8036

I may meditate only when I feel like it and when I have time not sure I need to force myself to do it everyday atm.

It will always be your choice, just remember, meditating when we feel like it, will not help us progress. We need discipline, whether we like it or not.

Best wishes
Go to Top of Page

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2017 :  05:51:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JR8036

Idk, have to see how it goes for a couple weeks maybe. Maybe I will only meditate 1 time a day see how that goes. Just been overwhelmed and wanting a break for a while.

Just go with what feels right in every moment.
It helps no one if you force yourself doing something which doesn't feel right.
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2017 :  06:49:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I completely agree with Jean - by forcing yourself to meditate you could end up hating meditation and/or yourself. Listen to your own natural flow and go with it. Wish you all the best.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2017 :  07:43:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the comments. I believe that if it supposed to happen to me it will happen weather I like it or not. I feel like I'm just preparing my mind for when it does happen.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2017 :  07:52:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2017 :  07:34:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Why is it that as the days go by the silence that I feel just keeps getting better? Like this morning I never turned my tv on till I knew about when the weather came on. For some reason after that part was over I just left it on even though it was annoying I just turned it off after while.

It's almost like the silence is golden.

Edited by - JR8036 on Jan 12 2017 08:29:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2017 :  12:42:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000