New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2016 :  1:08:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
At first I wast not going to say anything but I think I will now because there is a thought I had this morning that concerns me.

Before I get to that thought my dreams had me going back to my old self again. Back to drinking and smoking. But, to this day I am still 100% sober.

The thing that has me bothered the most is right after I woke up before I opened my eyes but, I knew I was concious I had the thought of, I had no idea who I was where I was or even what day it was. For a while I had trouble trying to think of what I was doing today. That is the thought that bothered me the most. It might have lasted only a couple seconds before everything came back to me but I was never so scared in my life because of that. It was like I lost control over my brain for a couple seconds probably.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2016 :  07:12:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One more thing I would like to add is I have seen ppl post about it here and don't know why but I thought that it would not happen to me of course. But, it slowly is. Ringing in the ears during the day it's not so bad but before bed and right after I wake up is the most annoying. Is this something I will have to deal with for a long time?

As time goes by I find it almost amazing that things are slowly changing me. Things that I thought would not happen are happening. Like there are days that I have almost no symptoms at all and keep thinking I really want to go back to what I was before. And at the same time I want it to happen just so it will be over.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2016 :  09:40:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JR,

quote:
The thing that has me bothered the most is right after I woke up before I opened my eyes but, I knew I was concious I had the thought of, I had no idea who I was where I was or even what day it was. For a while I had trouble trying to think of what I was doing today. That is the thought that bothered me the most. It might have lasted only a couple seconds before everything came back to me but I was never so scared in my life because of that. It was like I lost control over my brain for a couple seconds probably.

Good things are happening, no worries. You woke up before the stream of thoughts came in and you observed this moment.There was some time of silence. Not used to it, maybe you where a bit concerned, and made up the annoying thought. When we meditate we will find the gap between the thoughts.We become aware of inner silence or stillness. Meditation is the process of systematically allowing the mind to become still for specific periods of time each day.

Best wishes,
enjoy practice

Edited by - Charliedog on Sep 12 2016 10:23:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2016 :  4:53:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JR8036

One more thing I would like to add is I have seen ppl post about it here and don't know why but I thought that it would not happen to me of course. But, it slowly is. Ringing in the ears during the day it's not so bad but before bed and right after I wake up is the most annoying. Is this something I will have to deal with for a long time?

My experience is that the sound changes over time. Usually it sounds like a high pitched ringing. But sometimes it sounds like musical instruments like harps and so on. I think the Buddhists call it "Sound of Silence": https://medium.com/sant-mat-meditat...0#.bz0r0dfn8
It's a good sign
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2016 :  5:00:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Charlie,

I thought I knew what inner silence was, but I definitely know what it is now. It's good to know that was all normal. Even told myself atleast 5 times last night that I will not loose my mind to make myself comfortable. Because, that was what it felt like yesterday morning that I was loosing my mind.

Now when ppl ask me what I'm thinking I can definitely tell them nothing because it is literally the truth!!! Lol

Edited by - JR8036 on Sep 12 2016 5:05:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2016 :  5:18:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Jean,

It's not really that annoying or high pitched yet but it is definitely there especially when you think about it it gets louder and even more annoying.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2016 :  9:33:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The reason I thought I knew what inner silence was was because there was a day last week it was about mid morning before I even had my first thought but it wasn't really scary though like this recent experience was
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2016 :  06:15:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are a work in progress
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2016 :  07:26:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lol I knew that before this all happened :-p
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2016 :  07:48:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One thing I have been thinking of. I feal fine right now but a couple days ago was not the same story. I did t feal the greatest I had headaches. And I just don't know how to tell them if I need to. My boss is my parents and I am sure that they don't believe in what we are doing. Guess I could tell them I am sick and in a way it would be true which is an answer I need to find because I was never good at lying but, the idea of having to lie does not sit well with me no matter who it is. It almost hurts me to have to lie any more. Even though I didn't anyway.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2016 :  09:53:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Everyone has ups and downs JR.
Not speaking out the spiritual journey is not lying either. You will feel to whom you can express your deepest feelings, it will become a bit easier after some time to find words for how you feel.
Journaling might help you at this moment. You will learn to know yourself, the pen can be your guru.

Best wishes,
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2016 :  5:45:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok thanks, confirms that I probably should not say anything unless something happens I cannot stop.

It would be hard to explain when my body says one thing but there beliefs say something totally against it.

For some reason I think I will get into big time trouble with them if i mention what is happening to me. Let alone mention the word k to them

Edited by - JR8036 on Sep 28 2016 5:51:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2016 :  10:05:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok..several of you have mentioned to me to journal. That is one thing that I have never done. So maybe I will give it a shot and see what happens. I do have some idea of what to do but, how should I go about it?
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2016 :  11:57:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Put the pen to the paper. Put the fingers to the keyboard. Let the words flow. And breathe into it. Breathe into the letters and cadence and punctuation. Let it be an exercise of stillness in action.

You're already writing very well on the forum, so it is coming naturally to you. This is the inner guru emerging and guiding your movements. This is the bliss bubbling up. This is the joy saturating your nervous system. This is the inner silence merging into communication. This is simple, true, strong, wise.

Enjoy.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2016 :  08:41:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Like u said bodhi I do like writing and the interaction with you guys. Plus somehow I am getting the feelings of good energy coming from here witch is another reason why I keep coming back.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2016 :  09:25:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This way you can let go what is hidden inside, no thinking just writing. And then be surprised by what you read afterwards. For your eyes only.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2016 :  09:27:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Charliedog

This way you can let go what is hidden inside, no thinking just writing. And then be surprised by what you read afterwards. For your eyes only.

Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2016 :  09:55:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am already amazed at what has happened. From the feelings of fear and wanting it to go away now to the feelings of happiness and wanting it to actually happen and not being able to wait for it to happen.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2016 :  12:59:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2016 :  8:17:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been looking and I have not found much on this I'm sure I should let it go also but, over the past week k has really started to stir during meditation. Once or twice so far she has even started to rise.

This is the first week I could feel k during meditation.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2016 :  9:38:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's great JR. As long as you are not experiencing discomfort, carry on with your practice. You will experience her beauty- it's out of this world.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2016 :  9:57:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There was one time her energy was really sharp. It almost hurt but, I have not felt it that sharp since that sit fortunately. Ever since this has started never made me so eager to sit for some reason.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2016 :  10:06:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great! Sharpness here and there is normal. Just preparing the body mind for waves of bliss. Relax and she will take you to the Heavens
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2016 :  07:30:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is amazing how comfortable I feel during meditation when I feel k stir really strong. Especially when she starts to move and I don't feel the first move.
Go to Top of Page

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2016 :  08:41:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh yes, she will show you the universe and beyond
quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

Great! Sharpness here and there is normal. Just preparing the body mind for waves of bliss. Relax and she will take you to the Heavens

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000