AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Reich / Lowen exercises
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

microcosm

102 Posts

Posted - May 07 2016 :  02:16:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Does anyone have any experience with Reich / Lowen exercises? The idea is that instead of waiting for muscle tremors (and energetic release) to happen by itself during meditation, they are induced by physical exercises.

In meditation I'm starting to get twitches, but they won't expand into full muscle tremors and I can't get an energy release. I think that's what's missing in my practice now and I'm desperate for any relief from dukkha in my life

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - May 08 2016 :  4:03:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
try the ayp starter kit for asanas they work well for preparation of the body for meditation
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - May 09 2016 :  03:43:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Why are you looking for whole body tremors? - they are horrible! I used to get them; I can take one round, two rounds, by the third round I'm off the seat.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - May 09 2016 :  11:01:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I feel that inner stillness will help more than tremors with dukkha. If you feel like you have too much energy that's not moving and creating suffering, exercise is good, yard work, too. You can lower your practices a bit.
Go to Top of Page

microcosm

102 Posts

Posted - May 09 2016 :  12:24:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My problem is that I don't have enough energy, feel lethargic and indifferent.

I tried Hyatt's exercises for face (from here:) and the effects were interesting. Deep breathing and 'AH' sound on exhalation increased vibration in my hands and feet. For the first time I was able to feel movement of energy inside my chest - it felt like two rivers of electrical sensations flowing in opposite directions. I also felt heat in my base chakra.

I'm happy with this, because I actually felt energy and was able to manipulate it with breathing / sound.

Sey:
did these tremors result in energy release or emotions / memories rising?

Edited by - microcosm on May 09 2016 12:30:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - May 09 2016 :  12:39:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I like AYP, but maybe you might like martial arts.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - May 09 2016 :  12:50:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi microcosm,

You have already received good advice. First it's always good to get checked up by the Dr to rule out any medical conditions. I'm not sure if you have been practicing AYP.

Without inner silence, looking for emotional release just with energetic practices is inviting trouble. Have you tried Asanas?
They work great in developing Ecstatic bliss.

quote:
I think that's what's missing in my practice now and I'm desperate for any relief from dukkha in my life

For the relief of 'dukkha" in our Life

1) Self pace if we are overloading.
2) Deep Meditation to cultivate inner silence
3) Inner Silence let's us see through our dukkha and let go.

When one is firmly rooted in inner silence, ecstatic bliss develops soon after.

Edited by - sunyata on May 09 2016 5:16:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - May 09 2016 :  1:09:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with sunyata. I still think a light martial art like Tai Chi would be something you might enjoy.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - May 09 2016 :  1:19:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I still think a light martial art like Tai Chi would be something you might enjoy.

Agree with lalow.
Go to Top of Page

microcosm

102 Posts

Posted - May 09 2016 :  4:18:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm developing inner silence and it's getting better - I'm able to interrupt thought streams faster and faster. I guess my problem is impatience
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - May 09 2016 :  5:21:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I guess my problem is impatience

It's all part of the process. Enjoy your journey.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - May 10 2016 :  05:34:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear microcosm,
Obviously, I am not speaking about the practices you have mentioned in your first post, but the reference to tremors brought to mind same sensations that occur sometimes during AYP practices. Was there a release of energy? I would say - no. More a release of .. I sense something is being released but I can't quite say what, so let's stick to purification.
If you practice AYP and you feel lethargic, as I too often do, I would recommend mahamudra. Add a couple of rounds as part of the short asana routine you do before sitting. That works brilliantly.

Good luck with your practices

Sey

Edited by - SeySorciere on May 10 2016 05:35:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - May 10 2016 :  4:24:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by microcosm
My problem is that I don't have enough energy, feel lethargic and indifferent.
I have found that building up your muscles help with low energy. I know there is a vicious circle - you don't exercise because you don't feel you have the energy, then doing anything physical become a bit of drag because your physical condition is not good.

I don't know anything about Lowen exercises, but I hope you will find an effective fitness routine you will enjoy and practice regularly.

Best wishes.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000