New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2016 :  9:37:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I started going to an occasional class to my old Yoga studio. I had some issues previously, which I told them about. Some of the teachers still act like they are mad at me. I've apologized twice, not sure what else to do. I see the issues as still true, but they don't see them. I like the asana(yoga). They act like they severely dislike me. Thank God, you all are more forgiving. Seriously.

I'm stubborn and if I like a asana, I'll go unless it gets too bad. LOL

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2016 :  10:44:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Peace be with you, fellow warrior.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2016 :  12:01:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I really appreciate all your ability to forgive. Let's see what happens.
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2016 :  01:54:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Lalow33, I wonder why you want to go to your old studio despite the bad feelings you describe. Why not simply go to another studio? I couldn't enjoy a yogasana class in a studio with bad vibrations between me and the staff.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2016 :  02:08:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good luck !

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2016 :  02:29:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go with the flow lalow
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2016 :  07:10:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lalow,

Lol...You are too cute.And you know we love you. Have you thought about trying a different studio, if it's a bit uncomfortable there?

Edited by - sunyata on Apr 22 2016 07:11:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2016 :  10:54:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Or if you stay, put a big smile on your face and go "full expression" on each and every pose. Your radiance will melt them over time.
Go to Top of Page

dv2014

USA
93 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2016 :  12:39:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
All the best to you, Lalow
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2016 :  6:35:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Heck, I don't know. I wasn't that nice but what I said seemed true. Classes starting 25 min late while teachers complained about other teachers. I like the actual postures a lot, but the other stuff, not so much.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2016 :  7:12:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's good you gave them constructive feedback.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2016 :  9:18:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I could be the devil. Lol! I told them my issues. No one wants them!
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2016 :  9:53:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I said that I don't like teachers talking bad about other teachers or teachers acting like it's a horrible chore to come in and teach a class. It's not like they are swinging sledge hammers at a foundry for 12 hours, but that's what they act like. I tried to make amends, but it's not possible now. If I give them lots if money, they love me, but not true if I see something wrong. I'm the Devil.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2016 :  10:56:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Are you able to say what kind of a response you had hoped to receive lalow? Do you think that your ideal response is realistic to hope for? How would you have responded if the roles were reversed?

Just playing (whatever the opposite of) the devil's advocate (would be, since, you're the Devil and all).

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2016 :  12:28:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm certainly the devil here. I don't know. Hopefully, I wouldn't talk bad about other teachers or act like my 40 min yoga asana class was a bother. Not once, but over and over and over. I guess I would simplify if I was the teacher. Carson, devil's advocate is a copout!! You know this. But since I'm the devil, we will be buds.

Playing devil's advocate is the exact same. I'm telling this studio, I don't like this and that. I feel you are saying the same to me. I'm just being more upfront with the studio. If you disagree with me, so say so. I won't hate you. I'm just dealing with the consequences.

Edited by - lalow33 on Apr 24 2016 12:55:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2016 :  01:42:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

I'm certainly the devil here. I don't know. Hopefully, I wouldn't talk bad about other teachers or act like my 40 min yoga asana class was a bother. Not once, but over and over and over. I guess I would simplify if I was the teacher. Carson, devil's advocate is a copout!! You know this. But since I'm the devil, we will be buds.

Playing devil's advocate is the exact same. I'm telling this studio, I don't like this and that. I feel you are saying the same to me. I'm just being more upfront with the studio. If you disagree with me, so say so. I won't hate you. I'm just dealing with the consequences.

Not disagreeing with you at all! In fact I'm not making any judgements one way or the other. I'm only offering these questions up to you because I find that asking them of myself when I find I'm having an emotional reaction to something someone has said or done, helps me to come back to "the big picture." Obviously disregard if they are only making you more irritated with things.

All the best.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Apr 24 2016 02:44:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dennis

USA
83 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2016 :  02:14:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My suggestions:

1. Talk to or email the person or group that runs the studio. If they're not interested in keeping customers (therefore they don't give a damn), follow suggestion 2.

2. Find another studio. I don't know where you live but yoga centers are fairly common these days. Perhaps seek out a private individual who can teach you or who has small groups.

Yoga (and going for enlightenment) is all about serving others. These teachers you mention seem to be missing the mark.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2016 :  04:30:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Quote by Carson

quote:
I'm only offering these questions up to you

Sometimes it could be very helpful if someone ask the right questions, especially if we can not find them ourself.

Sorry for being of topic.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2016 :  06:27:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
May the inner silence guide you Lalow
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2016 :  07:30:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lalow,

I don't want to sound rude - do you think you are assuming what they may be thinking of you. The mind will continue at it, if you let it.

During my teens, I would speak my mind and then worry about it. What has worked here is- If something is said,I let it go or let it go and not say anything at all. This has brought peace. Love you.

Edited by - sunyata on Apr 25 2016 10:15:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2016 :  6:16:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I guess I'm in an" I don't know" phase. I can't find a witness; it popped. Sometimes, there is drama, but there is peace too. It's strange. If I focus on the peace/ lighter than bubbles, my memory goes and I don't really care what I am thinking. It seems the way to go now, so that's what I'm doing. I'll solve the drama later and look at this thought or that thought later.

Carson, I absolutely love you. Best wishes.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2016 :  6:22:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh sunyata,
You are best. I'm not offended. Thank you all for putting up with my issues. Peace keeps calling me. Sometimes, I feel bi- polar, but I don't care. This peace is subtle, and it's light. I've been ignoring it for yrs. I'm silly.
Go to Top of Page

Anahata

Canada
5 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2016 :  9:43:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I always thought I should try to find teachers that cared about my practice as much as I do. (I said try) Is this yoga or an exercise class? If it is just an exercise class then maybe it doesn't matter as much.
Good luck! And there is always Youtube!
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2016 :  10:07:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The head teacher is a competitive asana championship, but he's got many insights. I actually volunteered there for well over a year. I couldn't take the teacher talking bad about teacher. I couldn't take " fake" teachers at the time. Some fake, but some 19 and trying to tell me all about life.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2016 :  10:09:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
P. S. teachers faking it before I went to this Yoga class
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2016 :  04:02:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lalow

You may think this sounds like a trick question, but if you "can't find a witness" then what is this?
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33
Peace keeps calling me. This peace is subtle, and it's light.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000