Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Khechari practice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mohandas415

India
2 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2016 :  04:23:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
After 5 to 10 minute practice of khechari pranayam I am feeling sleepy and lastlt I go to deep sleep. But I want to awake in concious mind may be my body in sleeping condition. How can I make it possible?

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2016 :  11:49:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome mohandas,
Can you describe precisely your practice of "khechari pranayam"? Are you currently doing AYP practices?
Go to Top of Page

mohandas415

India
2 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2016 :  12:28:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am doing khechari since 2010. After long practice reach the left/write nostril. And now I can enter about 1 cm in each nostril.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4381 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2016 :  7:21:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mohandas,

Welcome to the forum.

To remain awake whilst you are asleep, you need to first develop the witness. This is done through cultivating the witness in meditation. The Deep Meditation practice is described here:

Lesson 13 - Meditation - Awakening the Silent Seed

When we are able to simply observe the mind during meditation, with no reaction (witness), we are then, at times, also able to observe the body whilst asleep, without becoming unconscious.

Once at this stage, it is reasonably easy to be able to remain conscious during REM (dream state). It is even possible to remain conscious during deep sleep, which is a remarkable thing to be able to watch.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000