Yoga and Relationships
 conciousness and love
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

snake

United Kingdom
276 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  03:38:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
being aware of consciousness prior to or as everything else arises doesnt seem to be full of love,or is this because I have the expectation that love should be like the emotion one feels when in love say or am i way off the mark?
thanks

Maximus

India
187 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  06:12:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Maximus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm with you, snake. I'm nowhere in spiritual journey but I have always felt that unconditional love yogis speak of is completely different from love that we normal human beings know. To me 'unconditional doing' seems more correct word.
Go to Top of Page

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  11:31:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Maximus

I'm with you, snake. I'm nowhere in spiritual journey but I have always felt that unconditional love yogis speak of is completely different from love that we normal human beings know. To me 'unconditional doing' seems more correct word.

Hi all,

My experience with divine consciousness...........It is beautiful
a warm tingly sensation throughout the body........for me sort of like a whosh by very quickly........better than sex and definitely not what we feel for other humans........
It is difficult to explain......
i think it starts in the chest region..........it feels wonderful

namaste
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  1:11:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by snake

being aware of consciousness prior to or as everything else arises doesnt seem to be full of love,or is this because I have the expectation that love should be like the emotion one feels when in love say or am i way off the mark?
thanks

You are right Snake, the feeling is not like falling in love for the first time.. although you may feel that too.. but that would be purification.

The feeling of love that comes with being aware of consciousness is like everything around you is just perfect.. even the neighbors dog barking, or the kids screaming theirs heads off when you want to rest or the car that almost drives you off the street, or this person who sees you walking right behind, but does not hold the door for you, or the guy walks by you and does not acknowledge your hello.. every little irritation that you encounter.. may get you for a moment.. or maybe not.. and will seem just right.. and everything around will actually feel perfect just the way it is (kinda like when you are in love.. everything is perfect.. he he).
Well, that is how I see it today.. but then perspectives change every day..
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  1:17:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well said Shanti,
I think you summed it up perfectly.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  11:41:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It could be a phase of purification for me too, I don't know, but I feel love more easily than ever. I feel love in my heart for myself and for those around me. I don't have to look very far to find it, it is just there if I put my awareness on it.

Sometimes it can come in waves or just by recognizing the innocence that seems to exist in each and every one of us if we look deeply enough in others for it. I see it there just behind their eyes, that innate beauty of existence.

The concept of "being in love" and what makes it perhaps a little more captivating is that there is also the dynamic of ecstasy that is present too that emanates as physical attraction. I see these two blending together creating a physical, spiritual bond between ourselves and who we think we are in love with. I say who we "think" we are in love with because I believe that it comes from us and we assign those feelings to another but that is another story...

It is funny, during practice tonight I had a brief vision of the earth and the natural beauty it possesses from the silence of space simply by its just "being" there in existence. It made me realize that we too all possess a natural beauty which inspires others to innately love us just by our silent being. We don't need to do anything to be loved, just existing is enough.
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  01:12:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nicely said A.
Feeling compassion for others is knowing we are all God having this experience together.What a constantly unique blending of togetherness.
Thru thick and thin we are witnessing the unfolding of creation. We can't truly take anything personal for everyone's experience is just as personal as our own. God is living never-ending cycles of creation thru all of us together and God is the Life within and surrounding each of us. It is Love. It takes our breath away and brings it back and breathes us all together inside and out and no-one and nothing is separate from us.

Edited by - Balance on Oct 11 2006 05:34:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  05:23:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthem, that is beautiful, thank you !
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  05:43:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Balance

Nicely said A.
God is living never-ending cycles of creation thru all of us together and God is the Life within and surrounding each of us. It is Love. It takes our breath away and brings it back and breathes us all together inside and out and no-one and nothing is separate from us.

Perfect

Richard
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000