Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Radical Beauty
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2016 :  09:02:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

Wish you all a very happy new year!

Wanted to share my latest work here, in this beloved community - my new blog, called Radical Beauty. It arose out of the AYP-based classes I've been conducting for the last 5 years, and my sadhana that is a conglomeration of AYP, Tantra and Advaita Vedanta. The purpose of these writings is to deconstruct concepts into bite-sized pieces. Here is an excerpt from the "About" page:

"Have you wondered why change is difficult? Say you have a personal computer that you purchased in 1990. Over the years, you’ve tried updating the software and the hardware with state-of-the-art monitors, keyboards and jazzy little gadgets. You expect every upgrade to be the ultimate fix, the one that will change how your PC behaves. Much to your chagrin, it continues to behave as it did in 1990, refusing to enter the 21st century. Exasperated, you finally call your geeky friend. You get the diagnosis and treatment – your PC needs a a major upgrade of its operating system.

Similarly, we upgrade our hardware and software in our search for contentment. We look for lasting happiness in a certain body weight, a specific bank balance, a particular spiritual status and so on. From an early age, our parents and peers teach us that there are things we must achieve in order to be happy. We innocently believe that these things will win us approval from others (and ourselves) and then we will be happy. Then we can rest. Like mirages in a desert, these desired goals keep shifting. For instance, immediately after we lose weight, we fear putting it back on. Now we strive to maintain it, obsessing about every morsel and calorie. The happiness and rest that we thought we would obtain from the desired body weight are nowhere to be found. Just as we near our goal, it shifts and the chase begins again."

Here is the latest post referring to Yogani's brilliant formula for desire, action and achievement.

Do take a look if it sounds interesting! If you do, I look forward to your comments.

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2016 :  10:51:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well done, kami! Glad you are sharing the cutting-edge tools of spiritual technology from AYP and your own experience. Your writing is crisp, clear, and very insightful. Great job with the website!

Edited by - Bodhi Tree on Jan 09 2016 10:52:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2016 :  11:07:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice work, Kami!
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2016 :  11:39:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely to read your words again
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2016 :  12:36:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2016 :  1:12:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2016 :  4:50:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much for your love and support, everyone.

This blog leans a bit toward the specific issues that women face on the path to inner transformation. Over the years, I've hungrily scavenged books and teachings originating from women. I've been disappointed to find only a few. Most women have adopted men's standards when it comes to spirituality (in addition to everything else). Rarely will one find useful information on how the female body and mind specifically do on the path of yoga.

Moreover, the issues we face as women are pretty pervasive - whether they are women I see as patients, as my friends or my colleagues, we carry around common wounds such as crushing self-doubt, self-loathing, desperation to conform to body image and so on. When I brought up the lack of information on yoga by women, Yogani gently asked me to write.

For me personally, the path of Shakti was transformative in cutting through deep-seated issues. I've posted a bit about this on these forums before. Additionally, I've been studying the Direct Path with Greg Goode for the last two years. As a result, "my" path has morphed into "Tantric Yogic Vedanta," with great sweetness and intimacy of experience. Greg has also been encouraging me to write, gently goading me into several writing projects. This blog is one of those projects.

I'm so very fortunate to have this loving guidance from Yogani and Greg. I've discovered a passion for writing - apparently my beloved gurus discovered it years before I did!

Much love and gratitude for you all.

P.S: To expand upon Bodhi's comment - although I've been blogging for sometime on another website, I've always been flustered with technology. The "Heal Your Heart Free Your Soul" website has always been managed by professionals. I recently felt that it was time for me to turn around and face my discomfort and anxiety/fear about technology. So I started reading and researching, eventually building the Radical Beauty website myself. Bodhi has been rooting for me the whole time - thank you, my dear friend. Thank you also for being the first person to subscribe to the blog.
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2016 :  05:56:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kami

Beautiful project!
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2016 :  09:52:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, dear Omsat. Hope you are well.
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2016 :  3:49:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2016 :  11:17:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2016 :  10:46:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

Thank you, dear lalow.
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2016 :  10:51:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's the latest post:

"A magical thing happens when we become aligned with our authentic desire. As soon as it is uncovered, this desire begins to command the heart and the head. It expresses as devotion through the heart and as dedication through the head. Devotion + dedication ignite the fire of vision. Secondary and borrowed desires that don’t serve the vision are cast in the fire and burn away."

http://radicalbeautyblog.com/2016/0...l-of-desire/

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2016 :  10:37:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Desire! The most important ingredient.
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2016 :  10:41:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Although meditation leads to stress reduction and health improvement, its gifts are far more precious. A stable meditation practice facilitates an irreversible rewiring of the mind leading to radical transformation:

http://radicalbeautyblog.com/2016/0...ical-beauty/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000