New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2016 :  2:38:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi! For Android I use Seconds Pro. For me it's perfect
Go to Top of Page

colours

Sweden
108 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2016 :  7:58:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello

I tried Insight timer for Android, works well!! Thanks.

//Colours
Go to Top of Page

kensbikes100

USA
192 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2017 :  08:20:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So, I have changed timers again! With a new iPhone OS update, I found the health app will track meditation (or "mindfulness") along with exercise, eating, et cetera. Samsara will talk to the iPhone health app, so I changed to it. I found it will allow programming of the preparation for pranayama, pranayama, preparation for DM, DM, and cool-down after that, and it reports time to Health. Not sure it is useful, but it is helping me to habitually feel when to start and stop.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2017 :  09:04:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing kensbikes.

I had been using the timer on my phone for years for my daily practice. We used insight timer on Bodhi's phone for our group meditation. Finally,I downloaded it on my phone and have been using it for a month now. It's great to see all the people meditating and feel it has had an affect on my practice.

Thank you Bodhi for creating the AYP group.

Edited by - sunyata on Feb 13 2017 10:28:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2017 :  12:01:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sunyata
[br We used insight timer on Bodhi's phone for our group meditation. Finally,I downloaded it on my phone and have been using it for a month now. It's great to see all the people meditating and feel it has had an affect on my practice.

Thank you Bodhi for creating the AYP group.

My pleasure. Insight Timer is a great little app. The AYP group has almost 500 members at present. It's a slow, steady increase. I may get more active in posting there, and anyone is welcome to post.

I also feel like it positively affects my practice, especially the global connection.
Go to Top of Page

Buu

Spain
42 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2017 :  1:29:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I use an APP called: Zazen Meditation Timer

It works great because I can time it for 10min SBP, then a bell rings, then 1 min later another bell rings which means the start of DM, then after 20min, another bell rings, which means the end of DM, then another bell rings after 10min, which means the end of the rest.
Go to Top of Page

SuperTrouper

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2017 :  01:34:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My favorite is the Samadhi timer app. You can create however many customized timers you want. The app is free. The sounds are nice. It doesn't turn the screen off while you're using it. And it stores a log of all of the times and totals you've spent on the cushion.
Go to Top of Page

kensbikes100

USA
192 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2017 :  05:20:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Buu and SuperTrouper, I'll go and check those out!
Go to Top of Page

azurikai

USA
17 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2017 :  2:02:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit azurikai's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I love insight timer. has been really great in crafting these custom bells to help with reminders on when to end and begin specific phases of the instructions given here.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2017 :  5:19:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ill give the insight timer another plug that is what i use also
Go to Top of Page

immortal2020

India
1 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2017 :  05:12:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Namaste kensbikes100,

I use "Meditation Timer & Log" application on my android phone to record and track my meditation.

Please search it on google play store, it is a wonderful application.

Hope it helps.

Peace and Love!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000