Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Pranayam for long time
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

raja

India
48 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2015 :  2:49:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit raja's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Many yogis and books are telling that, we should do pranayama for long time. Ones established, will livetate. But my question is
if I do Pranayam for three days say 10 minutes. 4th day my head will be spinning and my body will be like a high voltage transformer.

Now if pranayam is charging the body like this for such short interval, then how can we practice it for long time and attain livetation ?

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2015 :  4:31:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
there was once a master and a student ,the student desired many siddhis ,one in particular was to walk on water ,the master told him of another who could give him the power ,the student left to learn the water walking power ,he returned after 10 years to his original master and duly showed him that he could walk across the lake on which the master lived ,the master on the students return from the other side looked at him and said "why did you spend 10 years learning that trick when i can pay the barge man two pennies to cross this lake any time i wish .blessings raja
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2015 :  4:49:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Raja,

Yoga is not about being able to do different tricks. It's about purifying this body mind- to be the vehicle for the divine to function in this world. Now if levitation occurs as a side effect of our practices. We can enjoy it but not get too attached to it. What are your plans once you start levitating?

Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

raja

India
48 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2015 :  9:34:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit raja's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the reply. I am not interested in any Siddhis, powers. As they are side effects and final path is to attain liberation.

I know this, but this needs long hours of practice as said by many yogis in there books and interviews.But,I,m down on third or fourth day only.

So, I am not interested in any siddhis, but how can I do long hours ?
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2015 :  11:39:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
So, I am not interested in any siddhis, but how can I do long hours ?

Maybe your vessal can't. So the question then becomes, how much can I do and still carry on with living?
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2015 :  04:30:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Raja, do not overdo pranayama. It has to feel easy, when time passes by pranayama will change. Step by step.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2015 :  1:48:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great advice from Doboy and Charliedog. Are you practicing AYP? AYP does not recommend hours of pranayam. Like anything in life, balance is the key to spiritual progress.You'll see your progress in months and years not days.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2015 :  3:12:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
surely every momment is practice it all merges at a certain point ,pranayama into meditation meditation into everyday activities all is one ,no separation ,only unity.
Go to Top of Page

raja

India
48 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2015 :  10:40:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit raja's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Much! to all
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000