Enlightenment Milestones
 My first year on AYP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ace

Germany
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2015 :  09:43:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone,

It's been roughly a year now, ever since I discovered AYP and I thought I take this opportunity to share my experiences and what I've learnt in the past year. It might help people to avoid mistakes I made along the way or help myself to discover some mistakes, that I'm still making.

Self-Pacing: The recommended time and practice order are really a good reference point. I had to learn this the hard way, as I charged into AYP with 2,5h of daily practice and over the months Ilearned, that going slow is more effectiv. Right now, I see the relative short practice times of AYP as a privilege, as it gives me more time for other things in my life.

Chakras and lifestyle : Yogani says we shouldn't bother about the engine and just drive the car, but I believe, that learning about the individual chakras and acting upon that information can be very valuable. After I found out I have trouble with the lower chakras I made some changes. These days I engage a lot more in grounding acitvies, like going to the gym, sozialising and live much less in my head. All this provides more stablity and helps me connect more to my body. Also learning about chakras can help you to spot your weaknesses and work on them.

Brahmacharya: Ever since January I try to practice Brahmacharya. There have been many fails along the line, but I'm improving every day.
The beneftis of Brahmacharya are plentiful and I would say, if practiced the right way, I would say it's on of the most powerful tools we have on our way towards enlightenment. My energy levels and my bhakti have increased tremendously and it boosts my confidence extremely. The body changes as well and health improves. The key to practicing Brahmacharya successfully is to use that extra energy in positive ways (AYP and good habits) and stay active, otherwise it will make you feel restless. I can recommend it to everyone, who thinks about trying it.

Positive Affirmations/Visualization: Everyday after getting up and before going to bed, I read out what I imagine my future self to be like. I use this to visualize all the changes that I know AYP will bring to my body and mind. I try to see myself as a changed person living in daily bliss, with a transformed nervous system. Someone who left all the obstructions and regret of the past behind. This helps tremendously to stay motivated and increase my dedication to practice. While reading this specific text, I get excited about the future and the possibilities that AYP offers.

As you can see I don't have any new super insights on practices but just some stuff that helped me personally and might help others. It has been a crazy year for me, with graduating from university and many other changes, but my daily pracitce was like a solid rock, that I barely ever skipped and it provided a lot of stability and a purpose.

What I love most about AYP is the feeling, that as long as I practice sincerely, I am constantly moving forward towards enlightenment. This year has been great and just thinking about where I'll end up in 3, 5 or 10 years makes my head spin.

Every day is one step into a better future, for me and for all of us.

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2015 :  10:34:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds you are doing very good Ace.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2015 :  12:45:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bravo. I like how you say: "constantly moving forward towards enlightenment". That resonates with me.
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2015 :  2:08:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Ace!

Just the daily practice is supposed to guarantee us going as far as possible. Thinking that helps me when I don't think of myself as becoming "enlightened" any time soon .
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2015 :  2:30:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome Ace! I remember one of your first posts and believed your runaway bhakti was driving you over the cliff. I'm so happy you pulled back on the reins. "Less is More" is advocating quality over quantity. There is nothing wrong with learning about the chakras, in fact prana arousal guides you this way naturally. AYP advises not to tinker too much with individual chakras, instead allow them to purify on their own in your dedicated practice. Brahmacharya is indeed a strong tool for progress as this provides the "spiritual fuel" for your engine; it's not easy to reimagine arousal/orgasm, but once one recognizes sexuality within yoga practice it's the experience of having it all. And finally, positive is as positive does, this practice alone is enough to bring you closer to love. Bravo to you, and thanks for sharing!
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2015 :  5:01:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Happy one year anniversary!!! Ace. If you are happier than yesterday irrespective of outer circumstances, you have made great progress already. The Chakras will do their thing in the background.

It's great you realized that more does not mean faster progress. Keep going, we are all walking with you.

Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

Uma

Canada
5 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2016 :  4:32:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Uma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I couldn't imagine progressing without learning about the chakras. I have to totally disregard that comment about ignoring the engine. A smart driver checks under the hood!
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2016 :  09:41:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
a smart driver trusts the car maker his mechanic his abilities enjoys the ride and ocasionally looks under the bonnet
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2016 :  10:33:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome job.. Keep it up
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000