AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Transparency
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2015 :  04:34:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

Since a week I am not sleeping as normal. I wake up after 2 hours of sleep, after that I am in what I could call "state of transparency". Totally aware of my body lying there, observing sensations. It is like a long meditation. Not feeling the body but be aware of all energetic sensations. Transparent, only energy.

This takes the rest of the night. During daytime I feel extra energetic. Grounded and happy, no signs of overload.
Only very much energy, not complaining about that

Since a week or two I added navy kriya and uddiyana banda to my daily practice. Any thoughts, or similar experiences?

Edit: I am doing 3x uddiyana and 3x navi krya in the morning before SB, I have a reason for this, but because I feel such a big difference day and night energy, I wonder if this is too much. However it is only positive.

Edited by - Charliedog on Oct 27 2015 08:57:40 AM

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2015 :  11:33:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That sounds really good. The settling in of the witness 24/7. Conscious sleeping.

As long as you are feeling refreshed and stable, all is well. Lately, I'm trying to do cosmic samyama before bed, with self-pacing at the forefront. Have you looked into cosmic samyama?
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2015 :  1:42:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Weird but beautyful!
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2015 :  2:15:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like wonderful progress, Charliedog.
I'd stay with the current practice schedule for a few good weeks - make sure you continue to be stable before increasing practice time or adding anything else.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Oct 27 2015 2:16:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1508 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2015 :  2:22:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Charliedog,

Thank You for sharing your progress. If I have lots of energy after practices( bouncing off the wall energy)- overload is around the corner versus feeling even/equanimity through out the day.
It's probably not the case for everyone. Enjoy and self pace when necessary.

Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2015 :  5:08:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your answers,

@ Bodhi, I was already planning to add Cosmic Samyama soon, so today I have read the lesson. I read this quote from the lesson of Yogani, this is it I guess, a natural Yoga Nidra.

quote:
We might feel that we are asleep, but fully awake inside at the same time. This is yoga nidra - yogic sleep.

@ BlueRaincoat, I will see for some day's how it works out before adding Cosmic Samyama

@ Sunyata, in stead of bouncing off the wall I am dancing around when alone...

@ Ecdyonurus,

Tonight I was leading a full moon group meditation, it was beautiful.

Thanks Yogani, for sharing your wisdom, and leading us all to Stillness in Action

Edited by - Charliedog on Oct 27 2015 5:39:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2015 :  6:01:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet!
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1508 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2015 :  6:38:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome!
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2208 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2015 :  9:22:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Since a week or two I added navy kriya and uddiyana banda to my daily practice. Any thoughts, or similar experiences?

Edit: I am doing 3x uddiyana and 3x navi krya in the morning before SB, I have a reason for this, but because I feel such a big difference day and night energy, I wonder if this is too much. However it is only positive.

Hey, Charliedog, these two practices, as you have discovered, push prana upward and no doubt contribute to your active state. Too much? You edit suggests Guru may think so. You can try every other morning to space it out more. Cosmic Samyama is good if you're lying awake, sometimes I try simulate the breathing of deep sleep when the energy is high, and many times that does the trick guiding me into real sleep.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2015 :  08:18:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Dogboy,

Thank you for your answer, good idea if I notice overload I will try every other morning. First I will go on the way I do for now. However I said to wait with Cosmic Samyama, I did last night, can not help it, I read it and then it just happens. I believe it was good to fall asleep for me, however it brings me something else too, insights, which is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2015 :  08:53:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sunyata,
quote:
If I have lots of energy after practices( bouncing off the wall energy)- overload is around the corner versus feeling even/equanimity through out the day.

Thanks for this, after every high a low, I know
Go to Top of Page

Prem

Canada
90 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2015 :  06:37:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Prem's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Charliedog, thanks for sharing! Meditating under full moon - sounds amazing - have often contemplated trying this. I'm also sleeping much less and at first it really upset me but I do wake energized so I guess it's all good. I've been dipping a toe in cosmic samyama too the past week. Perhaps this is why the need for less sleep?
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2015 :  11:00:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Prem, it felt very special with the full moon watching us trough the window. There was a nice group flow, we were with 12, received beautiful reactions, so I decided to do it every month around full moon.

My 24/7 witness left me since last night, I guess I had so much energy because I added Uddiyana and Navi, I do them every morning and am now comfortable with them.
Go to Top of Page

kensbikes100

USA
192 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2015 :  06:47:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Not to down the obvious beauty of the experience (which I have not had), but it seems spiritual growth is grounded in part on health, and lack of sleep is often seen as a challenge to good health or even a sign of a problem.

Are you ok?
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2015 :  09:59:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi kensbikes,

Thank you for asking I am ok yes. This state is of and on, it is witness of sleep. The body sleeps at the same time is observed, like meditating or yoga nidra. Transparency sounds best for me.

I don't feel any difference during the day, if I really sleep or observe or am awake very early. Still doing every day Uddiyana and Navi before practice. Energy level is normalized.

Edited by - Charliedog on Nov 10 2015 10:08:56 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000