Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 No going back
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2015 :  08:48:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Friends,

Lately I've been posting a lot from the view of knowingness but felt like sharing some of my humaness ( is that even a word ).

I've been overloading again for few days and the kids have been taking turns to get sick. So lots of grounding right now.
I haven't had a good night sleep for the past 5 years. All parents know this feeling. At the same time, I would not trade this joy of parenthood with anything.

All I want to do is enjoy a glass of wine. This body mind does not tolerate alcoholic beverages anymore. There is no going back. Just letting everything arise to awareness. Enough of my complaining.. But all this is happening with the infinite silence in the background. Just wanted to share this as well.

Sunyata

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2015 :  10:11:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Sunyata,

You must be feeling like this Thank you for sharing your humanity, I know being a mother of small children is not easy, never a day or night off I hope you are feeling very soon like this

Much love and to you
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2015 :  10:43:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Charliedog. You picked the right emotion. Picky eater not feeling well
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2015 :  11:08:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Your personality is one of your kids too Sunyata.

Even with the infinite silence in the background give your little sunyata a treat. If not wine then something else special.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2015 :  2:12:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Your personality is one of your kids too Sunyata

Lol...Life is fun with a little humor and child like qualities.

quote:
Even with the infinite silence in the background give your little sunyata a treat. If not wine then something else special.

I have almost finished a box of cheesecake that my friends bought me last weekend. Last two pieces left, they will probably be gone by the end of today. So much for a yogic and gluten free diet.

It's always fun sharing with you BillinL.A. Thank You for your comments, made me LOL .

Edited by - sunyata on Oct 22 2015 9:52:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2015 :  3:18:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2015 :  3:47:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sunyata, I really resonate with your post - I am currently raising my child alone...

Some days it seems to be an impossible task, other times it is just wonderful.

Some times it is both at the same time, and those are probably the moments I like most.

I send you some

Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2015 :  5:43:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sunyata its your Holy duty to eat up that lovingly shared cheesecake from your friend.

I relish your fellowship on the forum.

Your post of your relative as a "jivamukta" has echoed in my mind so many times with a taste of the Infinite...Thank you!!!

I have to be honest and say this body/mind enjoys a huge glass of wine to placate little Billy's tantrums.

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2015 :  7:20:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My goes out to you. Cheesecake sounds like good medicine for today, to get you to the next rest stop, and this turmoil will pass, dear Sunyata. Your dependents will one day be all grown and independent, and what will you do with all that "mothering"? The great Warren Zevon sang, "I'll sleep when I'm dead" (and is now resting in peace, God bless his spirit). I pray you won't have to wait that long!
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2015 :  8:42:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ecdyonurus- from one parent to another . Another for raising your child alone.

quote:
I have to be honest and say this body/mind enjoys a huge glass of wine to placate little Billy's tantrums.

Hi BillinL.A.~ Unfortunately there is no "envious" emotion.

quote:
My goes out to you. Cheesecake sounds like good medicine for today, to get you to the next rest stop, and this turmoil will pass, dear Sunyata. Your dependents will one day be all grown and independent, and what will you do with all that "mothering"? The great Warren Zevon sang, "I'll sleep when I'm dead" (and is now resting in peace, God bless his spirit). I pray you won't have to wait that long!

Thanks,Dogboy. I love mothering and don't want them to grow up. I worry when they are sick and don't eat much. I'm okay with my lack of sleep but their lack of appetite makes me sad.

Edited by - sunyata on Oct 22 2015 9:47:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2015 :  02:54:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2015 :  03:13:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
from one mother to another. My children are "almost grown-up" (daughter 20, son 16). My son still causes me endless worries. He is not doing well at school. I am finding it hard to walk the talk. On one hand, I know he is a soul who is here on his path (not mine)and that I should respect his choices and guide him towards his happiness. On the other hand I am well aware of the way this world works and without a good academic background life can become very hard. On the other academic accomplishment does not mean material success.

Ah...the woes of a mother

Sey

Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2015 :  09:28:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Sunyata, sorry to hear you're having such a tough time. I hope you get some good rest at the weekend and that things will settle down by next week. Take care

Sey, you may be surprised how many people without an academic background have done really well in their professional lives. Your son might turn out to be one of them. Aren't you taking too much upon yourself thinking you should "guide him towards his happiness"? You are bringing him up, with love, but finding his happiness has to be his own doing (or non-doing?). I don't now all the circumstance of course, but I have a bit of a suspicion you might just need to relax a bit more about this.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Oct 23 2015 09:57:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2015 :  02:25:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@Blueraincoat - I totally need to relax about this but like mentioned I am finding it hard to walk the talk.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Beehive

USA
117 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2015 :  9:33:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey SeySorcierce.... I am a little further down the parenting path - my kids are 26 year old daughter, 24 year old son. My experience says "Walk your talk!" You have it right - academic success does not determine material success and even more material success does not guarantee ANY of the important stuff. And furthermore....worry does guarantee something....worry!!!

Be stronger than probably all the parents around you. Don't waver from the truth you know: It IS his life, his path, his mistakes to make, his pleasures to have. You get the pleasure of watching him explore. It was hard with my son for the same reason as yours. One way I bridged it was that we learned to laugh that all my big philosophical ideas about each person is entitled to live their own path - somehow did not apply to my children. (it was pretty funny how I rationalized that!!) I explained why that was - parents want so much for their kids and to help their kids have less pain than they had . Being able to admit my own shortcoming and being willing to share MY fear rather than blame him for my fear lightened the load for all of us. And he trusted me so much more which has turned out to be very fun.

There are still hurts, but I feel more like he and I are in it together, rather than me blaming him for my fears.

Good luck. You are right - It is hard. But it's pretty wonderful too.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2015 :  01:07:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sunyata...you're beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2015 :  05:27:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Beehive. It's good to hear from a parent who has been there. My fears lie with the fact that my son says he wants one thing but puts no effort into aiming for that. He wants to join the Maritime school but makes no effort to make the grades for that school.
But like you say worrying will not help with anything. Que sera, sera.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2015 :  09:53:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh Sey..You speak my mind. When I went through the phase that the world is an illusion, I was okay with whatever my kids chose to do because it was their path.
Now it's totally changed, I want the best for them like all parents. I try my best to be a good mother I can and nurture and guide them. I know in the back of my mind, that's the only thing I can do and then they'll have to walk their path.

Even with everything going on, I'm sure you feel a space(the peace). Your worries are not drowning you . It's all happening. But at the same time, like you said "you know how the world works". I cannot offer any advice because I would probably feel the same as you do. All I can say is I understand what you are going through. Like Yogani says" Everything will be alright"

Hugs,
Sunyata

Edited by - sunyata on Oct 26 2015 09:55:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2015 :  09:59:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Blue. I took your advise and drove seven hours to see my cousin. We had so much fun and I didn't mind getting pampered by them.

Awwww~~~~~~Thanks, Bodhi and so are you.
Go to Top of Page

Beehive

USA
117 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2015 :  1:09:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

Thank you Beehive. It's good to hear from a parent who has been there. My fears lie with the fact that my son says he wants one thing but puts no effort into aiming for that. He wants to join the Maritime school but makes no effort to make the grades for that school.
But like you say worrying will not help with anything. Que sera, sera.

Sey

lots of love to you while you pass through this phase.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2015 :  05:26:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Prem

Canada
90 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2015 :  5:53:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Prem's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi sunyata- ah those fond memories of wiping fevered brow and holding the barf bucket. Now mine are 26 and 28 and I often wish they were little again

And Sey - this too shall pass. They do find their way. But in the meantime we keep on earning those grey hairs . All a part of being human

to you all

Edited by - Prem on Oct 29 2015 6:13:19 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000