Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Sitting with the back propped.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MrCuddly

USA
43 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2015 :  3:57:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Before coming to AYP I was practicing a number of spinal breathing variations. I was always seated crosslegged (Burmese style) without the back leaning on anything. Even though I know it's important to seamlessly go from pranayama to Deep Meditation, and I know having the back propped up is important for DM - having my back contacted with something feels disorienting.

Harder to feel and/or visualize the prana moving through the Shushumna. Is this something to be worked through too or is it better to continue unpropped and transition at some point?

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2015 :  4:35:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Why do you say that back support is important for DM?

I did not find that in the lessons, nor I found it relevant in my experience (I don't use back support unless I feel tured).
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4381 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2015 :  6:29:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi MrCuddly,

You don't need to use back support of you don't want to, for either Spinal Breathing or Deep Meditation, or any other AYP practice. Back support is recommended as an option for those who find it difficult to sit without it, but it is not a requirement.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1535 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2015 :  09:39:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What is recommended, if you already can do that, is to sit in Siddhasana

Sey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000