New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2016 :  11:38:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi guys,

A couple of people have written asking how we will be managing the issue of energetic overload on the TTC.

On the one week retreats that we have been running, energetic overload is rarely an issue. Basically, people settle in with the practices and with the routine over time. In the few cases where it has come up, we have used the normal procedures of self-pacing and grounding practices. So it has never been an issue that can't be resolved, and we are expecting the same to be the case for the Teacher Training Course.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2016 :  06:18:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone,

Thanks to some very generous donors, there are now a limited number of bursary places available for the Teacher Training Programme in France next year, for people who are unemployed or living on a low income.

The bursary places provide 10% off the full cost of the course.

Contact me if you are interested in taking up a bursary place.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2016 :  07:39:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
First time coming across the word "bursary." Here we are used scholarship, grants or subsidy.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2016 :  3:17:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jusmail

First time coming across the word "bursary." Here we are used scholarship, grants or subsidy.

Hi Jusmail,

Could be a British English thing. We have a few old fashioned words.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2016 :  8:47:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Indubitably.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2016 :  08:25:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi guys,

All the single rooms for the Teacher Training Course in France next year have been taken now, but there are still some places available in shared rooms for both men and women.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2017 :  3:31:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

Just a reminder that there are openings still available for the first Yoga Alliance registered AYP Teacher Training course, to be held in France April 21 - May 19 of this year.

The AYP teacher training program has been developed by Christi (Tristan) with my involvement every step along the way, and I highly recommend it.

The one month course will be conducted in retreat mode with extended practice sessions, so it is also an opportunity for deep immersion and infusion of abiding inner silence that will stay with participants long after the course is complete, enriching all aspects of daily life.

This is an opportunity to obtain a globally recognized "Registered Yoga Teacher" (RYT) credential that can open many doors for teaching the full-scope (all 8 limbs of yoga) AYP system in yoga studios around the world, or to open your own AYP-certified teaching practice or school.

If you have not looked into it yet, there is still time. Check it out here, or via the teacher training link in the top left border on any page of the AYP forum and website. If questions come up, I'm sure Christi can answer them in the forum here, by forum email, or via his website contact link.

I hope in the months and years ahead we will see many more sharing AYP around the world. If you are feeling the urge to do so, this teacher training course presents a unique opportunity.

Many thanks, and wishing you all the best on your path!

The guru is in you.

http://www.secretsofyoga.org/teachertraining.html

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2017 :  07:52:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi guys,

Quite a few people have written to me asking of I could send them a copy of the recommended reading list for the Teacher Training Course. I have now put the list on my website here:

200 hour Yoga TTC recommended reading list.

There are still 2 places available on this years course in France, taking place during April and May, so contact me if you are interested.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2017 :  11:55:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I see that Siddhartha's on there. Niiiice.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2017 :  12:20:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

I see that Siddhartha's on there. Niiiice.

A timeless classic !
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2017 :  12:55:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Edit: Jack Kornfield, not Cornfield.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2017 :  5:22:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Edit: Jack Kornfield, not Cornfield.

Hi Lalow,

Fixed. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2017 :  06:13:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
it is getting near!!
Good luck all of you
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2017 :  1:17:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for reminding. Best wishes to all the participants. Hope participants will also be part of the global samyama held during the weekends!
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2017 :  09:26:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wishing all beginning the one month AYP teacher training course in France this week the very best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2017 :  04:31:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Yogani!

I expect you to manifest out of thin air midway through. A couple weeks of anticipation should be sufficient for us to get primed for your arrival, then you can take us down the home stretch in spectacular fashion!

Moderator note: The discussion on arriving at retreats with expectations has been split off to here.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2017 :  08:24:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bodhi, be careful your Bhakti doesn't cause you to burst into flames...
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2017 :  10:28:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's better to burn out than to fade away.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2017 :  10:40:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

It's better to burn out than to fade away.

Be careful what you wish for.

Go to Top of Page

American Baba

USA
48 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2017 :  06:37:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Appreciative of the sentiments The journey begins!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2017 :  04:22:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sunyata
Be careful what you wish for.

Indeed! I better be wishing for self-pacing, more than anything. I invoke it everyday.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2017 :  11:54:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wishing teachers, participants and all who are involved in the upcoming first AYP Teacher Training Course a wonderful time
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 22 2017 :  09:55:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This was a superb training program. I've been studying, practicing, and informally teaching AYP for 7 years now, so this TTC was a major benchmark for me in deepening my devotion to spreading the magic of this open-source system.

Great job by Tristan in leading the full month of practices, academics, karma yoga, and other activities. My fellow students from across the world were a joy to learn and bond with. Our last night was full of stillness and ecstasy as we danced our hearts away in the spirit of bhakti, celebration, and divine love. I would highly recommend this certification course to anyone who has a passion for bringing AYP to the community. It's well worth it.

Now that I have the certification, and more importantly, new connections within the AYP network...

The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - May 22 2017 :  10:05:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, Bodhi. I had to wear the real shades not the bootlegged one!

I can't imagine how beautiful a month retreat would be. It's definitely on my list. Congratulations on your certification.
You'll be a great teacher. I'm always impressed by the elegance, enthusiasm and love with which you deliver AYP.

Congratulations to all the AYP teachers.

Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - May 22 2017 :  10:25:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations to all of you who participated in the AYP TTC. May your light shine brightly all over the globe.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000