Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 ​KHECHARI MUDRA - THE MOVIE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Atlantiseeker

USA
9 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2015 :  10:48:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
The makers of this film evidently agree with Yogani about the significance of Kechari Mudra:

http://www.thehiddenteachingsofjesus.com

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2015 :  3:33:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Atlantiseeker, enjoyed this.
Go to Top of Page

Beehive

USA
117 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2015 :  5:19:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yes... thank you for sharing. I enjoyed it too.
Go to Top of Page

Robananda

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2015 :  1:07:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Atlantis ! This is an excellent film ! I think you could post it in the Mudras section, maybe more people would see it there ? There are lots of folks interested in kechari from the comments there !

Thanks again !

Robananda
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2015 :  8:32:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome!
Go to Top of Page

Atlantiseeker

USA
9 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2015 :  10:30:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Robananda,

I'm glad you liked it. I think I tried to post it there but the moderator moved it to this section.

AS

quote:
Originally posted by Robananda

Thank you Atlantis ! This is an excellent film ! I think you could post it in the Mudras section, maybe more people would see it there ? There are lots of folks interested in kechari from the comments there !

Thanks again !

Robananda

Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2015 :  1:18:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice film, thank you for the link!

Coming from a Christian family/culture and being now into yoga I really appreciate that.

However there are also some things that I dislike:

The authors claim that Jesus was a yogi, having studied yoga in his twenties in India and Tibet. First, they don't give any evidence of that. Second, why do they need to call Jesus' practices "yoga"? I mean, there are so many valuable spiritual traditions throughout the world - from yoga to shamanism and sufism. Why not simply say that Jesus developed his teachings based on the spiritual tradition of the land where he lived?

A second point I disliked in the film is the opposition between "evolution" and "creation". By opposing the two theories like that, the film authors create even more separation than union. Kind of unyogic to me. But I am aware that this debate may be much more relevant in the USA than here in Europe.

Edited by - Ecdyonurus on Oct 17 2015 1:22:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

Atlantiseeker

USA
9 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2015 :  2:18:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Ecdyonurus,

I understand your point about creation vs. evolution being a divisive issue. You seem to be suggesting that the two theories need not conflict. I agree but in many peoples' minds they are mutually exclusive. I would like to hear more about how you understand them to be compatible with each other.

AS

quote:
Originally posted by Ecdyonurus

Coming from a Christian family/culture and being now into yoga I really appreciate that.

The authors claim that Jesus was a yogi, having studied yoga in his twenties in India and Tibet. First, they don't give any evidence of that. Second, why do they need to call Jesus' practices "yoga"? I mean, there are so many valuable spiritual traditions throughout the world - from yoga to shamanism and sufism. Why not simply say that Jesus developed his teachings based on the spiritual tradition of the land where he lived?

A second point I disliked in the film is the opposition between "evolution" and "creation". By opposing the two theories like that, the film authors create even more separation than union. Kind of unyogic to me. But I am aware that this debate may be much more relevant in the USA than here in Europe.

Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2015 :  02:39:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Atlantiseeker

I understand your point about creation vs. evolution being a divisive issue. You seem to be suggesting that the two theories need not conflict. I agree but in many peoples' minds they are mutually exclusive. I would like to hear more about how you understand them to be compatible with each other.

Hi Atlantikseeker, sorry for the delayed answer.

Let's assume that a so called "God" created the Universe, Earth and Life on it.

Now there are two possibilities:

The first one is that everything was created as it is today, so that nothing changed/evolved since creation.

The second one is that God created a "raw universe" capable of its own evolution, with Mankind being only one possible expression of it.

Well, IMO, the second possibility is not only in line with many, many scientific evidences, but also a very good expression of Union/Oneness since all of Life would come from the very same origin (call it Big Bang, Creation or anything else).

(By the way: In the film it is stated that Evolutionsts claim that Mankind comes from Apes. This statement of the filmmakers is wrong, since modern science stopped claiming this wrong idea decades ago.)

Edit: wording (my poor english...)

Edited by - Ecdyonurus on Oct 19 2015 04:57:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

alecpeace

USA
95 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2015 :  11:57:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

[quote]Originally posted by Atlantiseeker

The second one is that God created a "raw universe" capable of its own evolution, with Mankind being only one possible expression of it.

Well, IMO, the second possibility is not only in line with many, many scientific evidences, but also a very good expression of Union/Oneness since all of Life would come from the very same origin (call it Big Bang, Creation or anything else).

If you read "History of God" by Guy Steven Needler who channeled the Source entity (creator) directly, Source indeed says it created this multi-universe environment as a type of playground for spiritual evolution.
Go to Top of Page

Atlantiseeker

USA
9 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2015 :  9:14:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks alec,

I think I want to read that book. If that is the case (Source "created this multi-universe environment as a type of playground for spiritual evolution."), do you think that means that human beings specifically were part of Source's intention? We could still be "only one possible expression of it" as Ecdyonurus said. But it seems that some sort of beings with higher intelligence and moral capacities must have been part of Source's intention in order for spiritual evolution to be possible...

AS

quote:
Originally posted by alecpeace

quote:

If you read "History of God" by Guy Steven Needler who channeled the Source entity (creator) directly, Source indeed says it created this multi-universe environment as a type of playground for spiritual evolution.

Go to Top of Page

alecpeace

USA
95 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2015 :  11:28:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Thanks alec,

I think I want to read that book. If that is the case (Source "created this multi-universe environment as a type of playground for spiritual evolution."), do you think that means that human beings specifically were part of Source's intention? We could still be "only one possible expression of it" as Ecdyonurus said. But it seems that some sort of beings with higher intelligence and moral capacities must have been part of Source's intention in order for spiritual evolution to be possible...

AS

quote:
Originally posted by alecpeace

quote:

There are many perspectives to analyze this from.

On a micro scale, Earth is under the jurisdiction of a benevolent Council that rules this galaxy and receives its directive directly from Source. It's a very hierarchal structure as such with sub-councils and more sub-councils. Earth is in quarantine because it is a kindergarten school for spiritual evolution. The broad theme of this school is control of emotions and compassion. There are thousands of civilizations from all realms assisting us in our spiritual development right now. If you're interested in these things read books by Dolores Cannon, R.I.P., She documents all of this better than anyone else I've seen through her thousands of somnambulistic hypnosis patients. If you are a channeler, you can confirm this with your Guide to be true and accurate.

But more importantly, on a macro scale, as Guy Steven Needler points out through his channeled works, this multi-verse is a concept created by our Source. The criteria being expediency and efficiency of evolution. It seems to be working quite nicely since we're all still here.

In the end, these are not separate entities or civilizations which we're discussing, although it may seem that way. Its Us and we are Them! We're all doing this for Ourselves. One big family... trillions of souls. All of these physical realms are created by Us to experience certain things that we can't do otherwise as our True Energetic Selves. There is no feeling of separateness from Source, which is why Earth is so attractive to incarnate on, one of the few worlds where you can feel separate from Source and everyone else. This is why the ascended masters are so respected. They've learned how to survive and thrive in this harsh environment, and then come back and teach others!

So to answer your question, humans are part of a very large co-ordinated effort and Source's consciousness is so vast that It's with you every second of the day. If you close your eyes and quiet your mind and mentally ask your Guide to put you in contact with Source, they can help establish a mental connection between It/Him/Her and You. Try it out. Give your Guide a few minutes though to make a few energetic calibrations from their end and that's it. Communication is done of course, as thought-packets being transferred back and forth, not any kind of inner-voice or anything like that, so you might get an entire sentence or concept instantly along with your perception of the other entities personality and emotions. Telepathy 101, lol. Ask them to transfer thoughts in smaller chunks fit for human consumption, there's a tendency to forget their speaking to humans and we can't consume entire book's worth of info with a single thought, at least not yet.

Have fun
Go to Top of Page

Atlantiseeker

USA
9 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2015 :  10:01:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Ecdyonurus,

I think there are differences between the two possibilities you mention and what Alecpeace is suggesting. What exactly do you mean by 'a "raw universe" capable of its own evolution, with Mankind being only one possible expression of it'? Did the creator intend for beings to evolve who were capable of spiritual evolution? The way you describe the second possibility implies that the existence of humanity (and all life that exists or has existed on Earth) is an accident. This strikes me as incompatible with the goal of creating "a type of playground for spiritual evolution," as Alec puts it. So if Alec is correct, Source may have created the environment in which our biological evolution was possible, knowing and intending that precisely these effects of many individual humans' doubting that there is a creator (or at least doubting that the creator had any intentions for what sort of beings would result from the process) would be one of the results--because of the spiritual effects of how we think about our origins. Doesn't believing the accidental narrative affect our ideas about our own spiritual nature (or lack thereof)?

Also, I heard R. Scott Lemriel state the following in the interview linked below: "Human beings evolved billions of years ago out in the galaxies and were brought here long ago...most of the plant and animal species on this planet were brought here from other worlds...it doesn't mean they didn't continue their evolution once they were brought here."

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/nature...onal-reality

How does this possibility fit in with the options we have been discussing?

Namaste.

AS

quote:

quote:

Hi Atlantikseeker, sorry for the delayed answer.

Let's assume that a so called "God" created the Universe, Earth and Life on it.

Now there are two possibilities:

The first one is that everything was created as it is today, so that nothing changed/evolved since creation.

(By the way: In the film it is stated that Evolutionsts claim that Mankind comes from Apes. This statement of the filmmakers is wrong, since modern science stopped claiming this wrong idea decades ago.)

Edit: wording (my poor english...)

Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2015 :  8:47:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ecdyonurus, coming from a Christian family/culture just like you I understand your dislike of associating Jesus with Yoga. I would have felt the same before spending 35 years studying Paramahansa Yogananda's teachings.

The author of this movie mentions that one of his many Guru's is Paramahansa Yogananda the famous author of Autobiography of a Yogi and the founder of Self-Realization Fellowship Church.

Yogananda said himself that one of his main missions for being divinely incarnated was/is: To reveal the complete harmony and basic oneness of original Christianity as taught by Jesus Christ and original Yoga as taught by Bhagavan Krishna; and to show that these principles of truth are the common scientific foundation of all true religions.

His book "The Yoga of Jesus" is a condensed version of his 2 volume book "The Second Coming of Christ":

http://www.amazon.com/Yoga-Jesus-Un...oga+of+Jesus

In a bunch of different places he wrote about Jesus traveling to India and learning Yoga and then later on Yogananda says Jesus taught his disciples a form of Kriya Yoga pranayama.

I only mention this so you'll be informed cuz Yogananda's writings are getting more popular and there will be a lot more talk about how Jesus/Christianity and Krishna/Yoga are the same.

Yogananda's my ishta often but I avoid his writings now except for some of his poetry so I keep from building anymore "castles in the air" as Yogani says.

quote:

Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2015 :  08:35:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bill

Just noticed your post from a couple weeks ago and wanted to thank you for the comment which meant so much to me. I've discovered that a combined East-West approach works best for me, as it seems to for you. The Lord Jesus is my Ishta but there has been very intense aversion to mainstream Christianity over the years. And that has made it difficult to reconcile my faith. For most of my life I've felt much closer to Eastern spirituality. My common sense objects to a lot that is taken for granted in the majority of Christian theology. But basically my heart belongs to Jesus and I want to understand the Bible, if it represents spiritual truth. However I will always regard Ramana Maharshi and Mahavatar Babaji as precious teachers and dear friends. My spiritual path will always be after 'the truth' no matter where it is found. Thanks again for your post. Sometimes I feel very alone and isolated because of trying to combine the East with the West spiritually ... which isn't easy for someone who mainly identifies with being Christian.

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2015 :  4:44:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey parvarti9 good to hear from you!

Yep we have a lot in common trying to make "east meet west" on the social side and for me on the inside too.

That "Yoga of Jesus" might hit the spot for you. Its Yogananda at his best. He just weaves together Christianity and Yoga like nobody. Besides that he gives deeply personal insights into Jesus the person that are precious. Especially so for someone like you who feels so close to Christ as Jesus.

If you ever get around to reading it I'd love to hear your impressions. I've always enjoyed your sharing here. So sweet of you to touch base on this.

Take care,
Bill

Go to Top of Page

Atlantiseeker

USA
9 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2016 :  4:01:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The website was taken down. (Evidence that someone wants these teachings to remain hidden?) But here it is on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upj5U1jx_WA

quote:

The makers of this film evidently agree with Yogani about the significance of Kechari Mudra:

http://www.thehiddenteachingsofjesus.com

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000