Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Kundalini safe?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kart12345

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2015 :  6:16:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello guys, my kundalini is awakened and if i stop practicing the meditation or efforts for progress, will it be by any chance dangerous? Or the kundalini go dormant back? Or I would be at the same stage,where am i now?( like i changed a lot myself after it awakened,my personality, attitude, behaviour..).I am feeling scared some times when i think that i will not have anything with the society or people or materialistic life if i continue practicing ...

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2015 :  09:00:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kart,

It is not dangerous to stop doing spiritual practices. If you do, then yes, your kundalini will eventually go dormant again. But it could take a long time, many years even, for this to happen. It is certainly not something that I would recommend, as it is one of the greatest gifts that we can have in this life to have an awakened kundalini. So to let it go dormant is a terrible waste of an opportunity to be able to enter the divine life.

Also, there is no need to be worried that if you continue with your practices, you will lose interest in society, or people or the materialistic world. In fact it is quite the opposite. There can often be the idea that this will happen, that an advanced yogi will end up sitting in his or her cave, having nothing to do with the world. What actually happens is different. We become more connected to others, but connected at a deeper level than before, a level that is beyond words and thought. We are also better able to engage more fully in the world at all levels, both the spiritual and the material. Yoga is about freedom, so we become free to chose what we will engage with and how. At the same time there is an increase in creative energy which fuels that engagement with the world. We become That.

So don't be concerned, and keep practising!

Christi
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2015 :  3:26:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Kart
What I can say from my personal experience is that stopping meditation is not a great idea if your K is active. Developing inner silence will help you fare through your K awakening.
If you are concerned about your kundalini energy becoming too strong, I would consider reducing the energy stimulation practices and stick to a gentle form of meditation. If mantra meditation is too strong, you have the option of practising breath-focused meditation or passive awareness meditation.

All the best!
Go to Top of Page

kart12345

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2015 :  08:47:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you christi for the info
"" What actually happens is different. We become more connected to others, but connected at a deeper level than before, a level that is beyond words and thought. We are also better able to engage more fully in the world at all levels, both the spiritual and the material.""

Thank you BRC. I keep meditating.
Go to Top of Page

Nyardream

USA
22 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2015 :  4:12:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'd challenge the statement that kundalini will go dormant again after being awakened.. It's been my experience that once she's awakened, she goes to work.. and doesn't stop, practice or no practice. If you don't practice, the "work" is done during sleep.
Go to Top of Page

jpa100x

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2016 :  2:04:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes trust me kart your energy will not go away it will always be there. Kundalini actication is when there is a balance between the ida and pingala channel opening up the middle channel sushmna. I recommend you study meridans in Chinese practices and take up practices like chi gong or tai chi to advance in a quicker and safer way. Chi or Qi is much safer than kundalini and you will be able to live longer because it's not heating up your body or organs too much.
Go to Top of Page

jpa100x

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2016 :  2:05:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If your organs and body is too hot look into the 6 healing sounds to cool you off...
Go to Top of Page

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2016 :  3:31:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Nyardream

I'd challenge the statement that kundalini will go dormant again after being awakened.. It's been my experience that once she's awakened, she goes to work.. and doesn't stop, practice or no practice. If you don't practice, the "work" is done during sleep.

That's also my experience. I don't do any active practice.
Meditation comes on its own somehow and when these waves of silence come it's easy to slip into a meditative state.
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2016 :  10:26:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

If your organs and body is too hot look into the 6 healing sounds to cool you off...

Is the above, a reference to the solfeggio tones?
Go to Top of Page

siddhi

India
8 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2016 :  09:10:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Info
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000