Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Running out of breath in SBP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alecpeace

USA
95 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2015 :  2:32:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello AYPers

Background:
I don't visualize the energy moving up the spine, I instead move my attention/focus/concentration up and down the spine and "guide" the energy along the channel, letting it go at its own pace/speed/size/width without forcing it in any kind of way.

Issue:
I can't do very long breaths like most of you guys. During spinal breathing, if I run out of breath (on the way up for example) but, the energy/focus/concentration is only halfway up the spine, can I instantly switch to visualizing a thread and very quickly trace it the rest of way up to the brow to finish the path?

Concern:
I know we shouldn't just stop halfway even if we run out of breath, but I also don't want to simply "jump" to the brow either bypassing all the path in between.

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2015 :  2:40:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is okay to jump to the third eye on the top of the inhale, and to the root on the bottom of the exhale. You are in a sense etching the path by the overall practice of tracing the spine. Canyons are etched into the earth in a similar manner, by repetition and time. You are doing great.

Edited by - Dogboy on Sep 05 2015 2:42:31 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000