Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 pleasant sensation after I AM
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tempest

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2015 :  09:14:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've only been doing the I AM mantra for a few days, but have noticed most of the time when I practice it I get a faint, pleasurable sensation in my chest/heart area.

So I am starting to get sold on the benefit of this practice. Yogani says it has an effect on the CNS, what effect is it meant to have? Is it a purification effect on the nervous system? Stimulation or what exactly?

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2015 :  10:40:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Every day is not a Sunday. These feelings won't last. There will be days when you will feel low too. The idea is to ride through all the emotions that meditation will bring to the surface. As you go deeper, your fears and insecurities will hurt you.
Meditation purifies the body. There is an element of biochemical too.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2015 :  12:06:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That is a nice experience Tempest. It is what AYP calls 'scenery', but there is no reason not to enjoy it (as long as it does not distract from the process of meditation)

Regarding purification/what impurities are removed, I remember this thread - you might find it helpful:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....s=impurities
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2015 :  12:28:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice. Opening of the heart. A great symptom. Love it when the chest fires up with ecstatic bliss.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2015 :  8:31:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As Jusmail points out, the real test is if your bhakti drives you forward in spite of what you do or don't see, hear, or feel. Just know by having a dedicated practice, purification will eventually happen 24/7, not always making itself known. It always helps when you experience the "feels good"!
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2015 :  9:20:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The opening of the heart is one of the most beautiful experiences one can have.

The outpouring of love is so beautiful to behold.

Enjoy every second of it and know the heart never stops expanding.

Keep going but don't grasp after it.

All the best,

Tom
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2015 :  07:01:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jonesboy

The opening of the heart is one of the most beautiful experiences one can have.

The outpouring of love is so beautiful to behold.

Enjoy every second of it and know the heart never stops expanding.

Keep going but don't grasp after it.

All the best,

Tom

Enjoy the heart Tempest!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000