Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Audio/music you like to listen to when meditating
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

psysaucer

India
44 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2015 :  11:45:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Apart from some psytrance music like Shpongle or 1200 mics(which honestly doesn't help me get so much into a meditative state as a trippy-trance like state), Isha's Vairagya album has so far been the only thing I find extremely useful for long meditation hours.

Any recommendations guys?

Edited by - psysaucer on Aug 06 2015 11:47:51 AM

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2015 :  12:06:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The recommendation from AYP is not to be concerned with music when meditating. Meditation is for going inwards.
Thinking about your post about the results you're getting form your practice, is it possible your meditation is not as efficient as it could be? Worth checking the AYP lessons on meditaiton - there is a "Deep Meditation" link on the left.
Go to Top of Page

alecpeace

USA
95 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2015 :  12:38:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
psy,

If you can meditate with no music at all, it would be more beneficial. Not even those "meditation/relax/zen" tracks. If there's too many distractions around, some white/pink/brown noise would be ok at low volumes, but I find even that to be distracting.
Go to Top of Page

psysaucer

India
44 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2015 :  10:07:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys,

I too am not a big fan of meditating to music. I however like to do it once in a while just for the heck of it. It is by no means part of my daily meditation practice.

But please do check out the Vairagya album. Even if not as a tool for meditation it works in a brilliantly for me by evoking a deep sense of peace just by having it played in the background while I'm involved in other activities.

But ofcourse, it is no replacement for pure and silent meditation. It's best to treat it as a wonderful piece of music than confer sacred qualities to it I suppose

Edited by - psysaucer on Aug 07 2015 03:26:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

dv2014

USA
93 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2015 :  11:19:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I like the below chants by Ma Gurupriya and Swami Nirvisheshananda to calm the mind at times.

http://www.narayanashramatapovanam....-aatma-sudha
http://www.narayanashramatapovanam....-of-the-soul

Also, Shiv Tandav by Pandit Jasraj available on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtJ3E9rqzHc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYD2eMipcP0

Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2015 :  03:49:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That is a very powerful mantra psysaucer....no wonder it influences you

Nirvana Shatakam, this mantra is telling you what you are not and that what you really are.......

Edited by - Charliedog on Aug 07 2015 04:31:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

psysaucer

India
44 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2015 :  04:56:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yep, I find Aum Namah Shivaya and Nirvana Shatakam the most powerful in the album
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2015 :  02:07:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice..

Sey
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2015 :  02:25:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow!... Not so nice. 20 mins into the first chant and I am dizzy, crown going crazy and building up for exit

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2015 :  05:06:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Warning, be careful with mantra's. Even listening can be too much, if you are sensitive. It is not just music.

Edited by - Charliedog on Aug 11 2015 05:54:06 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000