Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 clarification on DM practice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

orthodon

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2015 :  1:14:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've been practicing DM for almost a month now ( but previously had been practicing SRF techniques for 12 years)and have a question.
If you find your mind silent during DM do you rest in that silence or , if you find your mind is silent do you go back to the mantra? I assume you go back to the mantra.
In SRF there is a segment after the meditation techniques where you are resting in the stillness for as long as the mind remains silent, so this is why I ask this question.
THanks

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2015 :  1:17:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2015 :  1:25:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
If you find your mind silent during DM do you rest in that silence or , if you find your mind is silent do you go back to the mantra? I assume you go back to the mantra.

Welcome to the forums orthodon. Yes, you come back to the mantra once you realize you are off it, even in silence. You can enjoy the silence after your sitting in complete during the rest period and everyday life.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000